Jump to content


Sad moment.


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Condono #1 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:28 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10450 battles
  • 478
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

So, I was driving in my comet as usual and I noticed type 4 heavy recklessly showing his side so I laughed and shot at him but sadly... no penetration from side... he then turned towards other enemy which ended up revealing his back side and once again I rubbed my hands together like a dirty cis white male and tried to thrust my shells into the back of jap heavy but once again no pen. I then threw my PC out of the window and then read up on tank gg that you need atleast minimum 150 pen to go through type 4 heavy.  As I was browsing tank gg I realized my mistake, I then re-assembled my broken PC with duck tape and lubricant... and gently... slowly I pushed.... my... premium shell into barrel. *AAAAH*

And that's how Type 4 comet was born.

 



Dava_117 #2 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:37 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20306 battles
  • 3,660
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostCondono, on 13 February 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

So, I was driving in my comet as usual and I noticed type 4 heavy recklessly showing his side so I laughed and shot at him but sadly... no penetration from side... he then turned towards other enemy which ended up revealing his back side and once again I rubbed my hands together like a dirty cis white male and tried to thrust my shells into the back of jap heavy but once again no pen. I then threw my PC out of the window and then read up on tank gg that you need atleast minimum 150 pen to go through type 4 heavy.  As I was browsing tank gg I realized my mistake, I then re-assembled my broken PC with duck tape and lubricant... and gently... slowly I pushed.... my... premium shell into barrel. *AAAAH*

And that's how Type 4 comet was born.

 

 

How can that be true? Type4 and Type5 are hard to play, so how can it be immune to a tier 7 MT flancking it?! :ohmy:

Edited by Dava_117, 13 February 2018 - 07:37 PM.


Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:38 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7880 battles
  • 4,572
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
If you're facing a Type 4 Heavy, how can you not have 150mm pen at the minimum?

Laatikkomafia #4 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 22371 battles
  • 4,493
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010
https://clips.twitch...dSwallowPrimeMe

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:44 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7880 battles
  • 4,572
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 13 February 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

And that tosser is using a 215mm pen gun against 200mm raw armour, so a lowroll can easily go below the required pen; what a surprise.



Balc0ra #6 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67404 battles
  • 17,135
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Considering the side above the skirt is 140mm, and you have 148mm average pen. That's not much to go on if you get even a small low roll pen. The rear is 150mm at the worst. Again.. Average roll or less won't do anything. And the Comet vs other tier 7 meds is rater weak on Pen. So a super heavy with normal ammo is no go 9 out 10 times regardless.

PervyPastryPuffer #7 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 31619 battles
  • 2,402
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
Wait, is this a Buff The Comet thread? :D

Simeon85 #8 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:54 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 3,660
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 13 February 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

And that tosser is using a 215mm pen gun against 200mm raw armour, so a lowroll can easily go below the required pen; what a surprise.

 

Cos it's totally balanced a tank has 200mm of armour on the REAR of it's turret and 200mm angled sides of the turret, a tank at tier 9, that faces lots of tier 8s that have......wait for it...............around 200 pen.

 

Cos you know a moron should totally get away with tanks getting flat sides or the rear of his turret, cos it would be unfair to shoot such an idiot in the side. KAPPA.

 

People who defend Japanese heavies. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:



SuedKAT #9 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,615
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 13 February 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

If you're facing a Type 4 Heavy, how can you not have 150mm pen at the minimum?

 

Comet have 148 standard pen, the T-43 got 144 standard pen, not to mention people playing with something other than the top gun. He forgot the golden rule regarding Jap HT's, always load gold regardless if you need it or not when you engage them.

Edited by SuedKAT, 13 February 2018 - 07:57 PM.


Condono #10 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:08 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10450 battles
  • 478
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 13 February 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

Wait, is this a Buff The Comet thread? :D

 

Nah, the comet is actually fine even though the penetration is low. It is just that I had forgotten that type 4 heavy has so thick armor at all sides.

 

View PostSuedKAT, on 13 February 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

 

Comet have 148 standard pen, the T-43 got 144 standard pen, not to mention people playing with something other than the top gun. He forgot the golden rule regarding Jap HT's, always load gold regardless if you need it or not when you engage them.
 

 

Yes, thank you.

 

Edit: Ohh yeah, now I am in centurion 1 with 148mm pen stock gun. Wish me luck.


Edited by Condono, 13 February 2018 - 08:11 PM.


SuedKAT #11 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:18 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,615
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostCondono, on 13 February 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

Yes, thank you.

 

Edit: Ohh yeah, now I am in centurion 1 with 148mm pen stock gun. Wish me luck.

 

I free XPed the top gun, still was one of my most hated tanks to grind ever, sure the IKV 103 was painful to, but the time it takes to unlock the 7/1 from the Cent I is so much more painful. Then again I did it before it got buffed, now it actually can move around and got some turret armor. 



Enforcer1975 #12 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:59 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20973 battles
  • 10,935
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 13 February 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

If you're facing a Type 4 Heavy, how can you not have 150mm pen at the minimum?

 

I've side hugged Types and the other superheavies in lesser tanks....while i might not be able to pen them my presence seems to make them feel very uneasy to the point that they forget my allies shooting them from all angles while they frantically try to get their barrel low enough to shoot me...

wiggles #13 Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 34259 battles
  • 298
  • Member since:
    09-12-2010
Dude it's duct tape or Duck tape but never duck tape. I think.

HassenderZerhacker #14 Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:32 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27838 battles
  • 2,476
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostSuedKAT, on 13 February 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

 

Comet have 148 standard pen, the T-43 got 144 standard pen, not to mention people playing with something other than the top gun. He forgot the golden rule regarding Jap HT's, always load gold regardless if you need it or not when you engage them.

 

that or simply drive away fron the type 4, if one feels that paying 2800 for doing just 145 damage is a total rip off.



Mav75 #15 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:00 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30972 battles
  • 1,558
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013

Playing Japanese heavies or playing against them is a constant gold shower.

You definitely need a shower afterwards.

 

They were the first symptom of WG dumbing down the game and catering to the sub-49% crowd.



RamRaid90 #16 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:20 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22451 battles
  • 6,682
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014
Meh still never had a problem with the Type 4 heavy...other than it needs putting at tier X and the Type 5 removing.

Joggaman #17 Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 24428 battles
  • 6,502
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011
OP still needs to draw a fish to become a real Dinger. :B

Ubervold #18 Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:11 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21539 battles
  • 572
  • Member since:
    09-01-2012

View PostSuedKAT, on 13 February 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

 

Comet have 148 standard pen, the T-43 got 144 standard pen, not to mention people playing with something other than the top gun. He forgot the golden rule regarding Jap HT's, always load gold regardless if you need it or not when you engage them.

 

Rule no 1, 2 and 3 when facing Jap heavys is:

"Remember the golden rule."

 

I always bring extra gold-ammo in my tanks to be able to honor the golden rule.



TheR3dBaron #19 Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:40 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 34733 battles
  • 3,020
  • [REMY] REMY
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013


Joggaman #20 Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 24428 battles
  • 6,502
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostUbervold, on 14 February 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

 

Rule no 1, 2 and 3 when facing Jap heavys is:

"Remember the golden rule."

 

I always bring extra gold-ammo in my tanks to be able to honor the golden rule.

 

So you are a believer?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users