"The biggest drama queen is EU"

who else right

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15175 battles

"It’s really hard to rebalance old premium tanks. If you touch anything, there will be a ruckus, the biggest drama queens being the EU server. We wait for a moment where we can change the KV-5. It’s a tank which rebalance we regularly postpone."

Sauce: https://thearmoredpa...nk-day-2017-qa/

Can't really disagree on that. I'm fairly easy to please but I can tell WG is prolly sick and tired of the "gmae balens" lovers. While I comprehend a lot of things were just ridiculous from WGHQ, EU Community in general does tend to create a outcries that are generally unnecessary.

For example, many were vocal against the downtiering of the 263, now there are already Jagerooskies in Tier X.

What do you think? #Disqus

MaxxyNL #2 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10878 battles
  • [THEFF] THEFF

Block Quote

• This will only happen when the client is shut down for mods, which is in progress.

:great:

Jethro_Grey #3 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4282 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

True.

Considering amount of cheat here, haxxor there, OP this, UP that and the incredible amount of 'premium-ammo hurtz mah tenk, make it go away' threads we get on a daily basis, whoever said this speaketh the truth.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63736 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Well if anything it means they do know what our opinion on most stuff is. Then again, just read the front page on this section and the topic names there. They are not wrong.

Jethro_Grey #5 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4282 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

What's actually more interesting is this article on TAP: https://thearmoredpa...reed-for-china/

^^

Edited by Jethro_Grey, 13 February 2018 - 10:11 PM.

Aikl #6 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25163 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I'm gonna take it with a pinch of salt. EU might whine a lot, but it's mostly centered around stuff that is questionable (at best) or proven statistically to be blatantly overperforming (at worst).

While sort of true, they've shown time and time again that they don't really give a flying fudge about what the (EU) forums think. If they suddenly started to care, that is a good thing, but it's doubtful at best. It's more along the lines of basically admitting that they haven't got a clue on how to balance it. 

If their true intention was to give old premium tanks decent performance, they'd do changes gradually. This seems more along the lines of "we don't know how to rebalance the KV-5 in such a way that it will sell a shitton but won't be as obvious as our previous noob-proof inventions".

(Of course, part of the problem is inherent in the KV-5's playstyle - it's basically an assault tank, which is not compatible with the 'noob bunker' approach to heavies. Those of us that enjoy the KV-5 knows where its true qualities lie, and it's miles away from the likes of a Defender or a VK100.01P. KV-5 is much more interesting than that, and would likely be more or less fixed with updated pen values and an armor rework to preserve the idea of actually having to aim for the extremely obvious weakspots.)

German_Dunc #7 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35863 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Biggèst drama queen maybe... but also the highest revenue per head... so whilst we gripe and moan about RU preference, they will usually try to not upset EU too much.

Junglist_ #8 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35445 battles
Being drama queens works sometimes for the best though since we're the only server that's not having Defender on sale in February. 

Steve8066 #9 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10683 battles

View PostWindSplitter1, on 13 February 2018 - 10:00 PM, said:

"It’s really hard to rebalance old premium tanks. If you touch anything, there will be a ruckus, the biggest drama queens being the EU server. We wait for a moment where we can change the KV-5. It’s a tank which rebalance we regularly postpone."

Sauce: https://thearmoredpa...nk-day-2017-qa/

Can't really disagree on that. I'm fairly easy to please but I can tell WG is prolly sick and tired of the "gmae balens" lovers. While I comprehend a lot of things were just ridiculous from WGHQ, EU Community in general does tend to create a outcries that are generally unnecessary.

For example, many were vocal against the downtiering of the 263, now there are already Jagerooskies in Tier X.

What do you think? #Disqus

maybe if WG stopped treating the EU server  with contempt, then maybe we wouldnt be drama queens.

Rato_Black_Baron #10 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30768 battles
I always thought the Drama Queens were the russians!?
Better specials and constant buffs to the soviets vehicles, were just ways to balance the drama amongst the servers.:trollface:

Aikl #11 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25163 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Almost forgot: It's kind of a "tradition" to give some 'trolly' answers in the Q&As. Sometimes it gets a bit more 'spicy' when translated to English. It's not included in e.g. The Daily Bounce's summary of the same Q&A, which is a bit strange. 

On the other hand, if it's actually meant literally, they more than likely have some major issues with the feedback gathering. Not news to us, exactly. It took three-ish months to muster a decent response to the chat issues, for instance. I very much doubt they read the forums, maybe outside the dedicated feedback thread. Alternatively, some part of the feedback chain has an inability to consider the "quality" (or priority) of the feedback.

We can't tell for sure, but it's pretty obvious that some of the staff would more than likely be too inexperienced to judge whether a topic is baseless whining or feedback towards an actual issue. That may (or may not) imply specifically those who have declared their support for the community in terms of gathering feedback.

Edited by Aikl, 13 February 2018 - 10:41 PM.

HaZardeur #12 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33257 battles

View PostGerman_Dunc, on 13 February 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

Biggèst drama queen maybe... but also the highest revenue per head... so whilst we gripe and moan about RU preference, they will usually try to not upset EU too much.

We clearly see this with every recent patch... ohwai...

soul3ater #13 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18587 battles
  • [OMNIA] OMNIA
They're not wrong. 

evilchaosmonkey #14 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16594 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostJethro_Grey, on 13 February 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

What's actually more interesting is this article on TAP: https://thearmoredpa...reed-for-china/

^^

Ahh the cultural differences between nations. 

Such class, such suave sophistication, such a way to be permanently placed in the friend zone by 99% of birds in the pub as you pull these little gems out and show off to your fellow spotty 17 year old mates.

Life must be so very different in China that condoms with a pixel tonk on them get you laid.  Now where was my passport again..... hmmmmm... emigration here I come :)

jabster #15 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostAikl, on 13 February 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

We can't tell for sure, but it's pretty obvious that some of the staff would more than likely be too inexperienced to judge whether a topic is baseless whining or feedback towards an actual issue. That may (or may not) imply specifically those who have declared their support for the community in terms of gathering feedback.

I really don't see why you even need to read a thread let only be experienced to judge it. Just assume that it's a baseless whine and you'll be right 99% of the time.

Jethro_Grey #16 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4282 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 13 February 2018 - 11:42 PM, said:

Ahh the cultural differences between nations. 

Such class, such suave sophistication, such a way to be permanently placed in the friend zone by 99% of birds in the pub as you pull these little gems out and show off to your fellow spotty 17 year old mates.

Life must be so very different in China that condoms with a pixel tonk on them get you laid.  Now where was my passport again..... hmmmmm... emigration here I come :)

Ah well, the cultural differences...would be funny when some guy pulls these out of the pocket to impress and the lady says with disappointment in her voice 'oh, 30mm pom pom sized, and here i was hoping for a howitzer...i guess you'll not be earning a high caliber tonite'

Anyways, i can't imagine that EU is the only server that complains a lot, but it might be very well the most vocal one.

brumbarr #17 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:15 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

Calling customers who are unsatisfied with their product crybabys says more about them than it does us. 

I am sorry we are used to good customer rights in the EU and want to play a fun game.

Nazgarth #18 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Edited by Hedko1, 15 February 2018 - 12:22 PM.
1. Etiquette

Ziurawka #19 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20693 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

What they're actually saying is that they'd like to ruin PMM tanks by reworking them into "viable" regular mm machines. 

Which is funny because the PMM is usually the best part of these machines, something that makes them at least average in all circumstances. 

That of course is a major thorn in WG's side cause the current trend is that you have to reach IX (and you don't get premium earning there) to have PMM effectively. 

Up yours honestly, if they "rework" the PMM tanks up yours with all sincerity. 

TheFurst #20 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12722 battles
  • [HD16] HD16
Thats the reason why RU players send after battle messages now spamming stuff like "all westerners are gays" these days on EU servers? Adds up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users