Jump to content


Is IS-7 rigged?


  • Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

m1x_angelico #1 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:15 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22479 battles
  • 845
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

A very interesting question was raised on the NA WOT forum and subsequently on reddit (partially due to the original OP being temporarily banned for his post) whether the IS-7 tank has been rigged, i.e. is a player playing IS-7 getting more XP compared to other tanks.

 

It's worth a look.

 

REDDIT / NA FORUM



xx984 #2 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 55023 battles
  • 2,520
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
guess i know what im playing when ranked starts

baribal_80 #3 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21527 battles
  • 389
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

Nope. Just stupid conspiracy theories. IS7 is a fast heavy tank so it gets a lot of spots. It spots a lot of tanks first (which gives little but some xp bonus) so on lost games vs players who play from the redline they will get more xp. It's just a tank that is played in such a way that it gets more xp.

 

You get spotting for:

  • Spotting enemy tank for the first time (is7 do that often since first to reach the heavy flank)
  • Damaging enemies you are spotting is 100% EXP, You are not spotting is 50% so IS7 has an advantage here over passive campers
  • Damaging tanks <200 gives you another XP bonus (so again favor is7 over campers

You also get a small bonus on survival.

 

I get it all of those bonuses are small but most of the screens show lost battles with 350exp so 30-100 extra xp means a lot here. It just gets a lot of extra little bonuses to xp because it's a fast heavy not becauese it's an is7. 


Edited by baribal_80, 14 February 2018 - 04:22 PM.


m1x_angelico #4 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22479 battles
  • 845
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View Postbaribal_80, on 14 February 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

Nope. Just stupid conspiracy theories. IS7 is a fast heavy tank so it gets a lot of spots. It spots a lot of tanks first (which gives little but some xp bonus) so on lost games vs players who play from the redline they will get more xp. It's just a tank that is played in such a way that it gets more xp.

 

You get spotting for:

  • Spotting enemy tank for the first time (is7 do that often since first to reach the heavy flank)
  • Damaging enemies you are spotting is 100% EXP, You are not spotting is 50% so IS7 has an advantage here over passive campers
  • Damaging tanks <200 gives you another XP bonus (so again favor is7 over campers

You also get a small bonus on survival.

 

I get it all of those bonuses are small but most of the screens show lost battles with 350exp so 30-100 extra xp means a lot here. It just gets a lot of extra little bonuses to xp because it's a fast heavy not becauese it's an is7. 

 

If I'm not mistaken, they did a comparison of the damage and spotting of different tanks in each game, based on the info on the wiki and it still showed some results that could not be explained. I'm trying to get to the original OP's pictures to check for myself, as they were (I assume) deleted when he got the ban.

baribal_80 #5 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21527 battles
  • 389
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View Postm1x_angelico, on 14 February 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

 

If I'm not mistaken, they did a comparison of the damage and spotting of different tanks in each game, based on the info on the wiki and it still showed some results that could not be explained. I'm trying to get to the original OP's pictures to check for myself, as they were (I assume) deleted when he got the ban.

 

You clearly didn't read or understand my post. They did the comparison of damage done and spotting damage done. The pure AMOUNTS and NOTHING MORE. They did not analyze the following 

 

1. The distanance the damage was done from

2. Was the damage self spotted or not

3. Did the is7 get bonus for spotting some tanks first (without getting any assist dmg or dmg)

4. The tier of dmged vehicles (and specific damage to each tier). 

 

 

I've read the original post (there is a link to a cached version on reddit) and they looked at 2-3 variables when in reality 2-3x as many affect XP. Some simply have a lower influence on XP so people forget about them but they still do. 



m1x_angelico #6 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22479 battles
  • 845
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View Postbaribal_80, on 14 February 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

 

You clearly didn't read or understand my post. They did the comparison of damage done and spotting damage done. The pure AMOUNTS and NOTHING MORE. They did not analyze the following 

 

1. The distanance the damage was done from

2. Was the damage self spotted or not

3. Did the is7 get bonus for spotting some tanks first (without getting any assist dmg or dmg)

4. The tier of dmged vehicles (and specific damage to each tier). 

 

 

I've read the original post (there is a link to a cached version on reddit) and they looked at 2-3 variables when in reality 2-3x as many affect XP. Some simply have a lower influence on XP so people forget about them but they still do. 

 

Yep, just found the original post in google cache as well.  So, in your opinion only a replay could show for what the XP was actually awarded even though it shows only 1 tank was spotted by IS7?

Edited by m1x_angelico, 14 February 2018 - 04:48 PM.


baribal_80 #7 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21527 battles
  • 389
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View Postm1x_angelico, on 14 February 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

 

Yep, just found the original post in google cache as well.  So, in your opinion only a replay could show for what the XP was actually awarded even though it shows only 1 tank was spotted by IS7?

 

You mean the 0 dmg is7 vs 1110dmg bc25t? IS7 had 2 critical hits (small amount of exp) + 1 vehicle spotted first + 446 spotted. If BC25T shot at vehicles it didn't spot and had no other sources of exp than it's not surprising it got the same xp as the is7. (7xp less). 

 

 

Also do you notice  all those examples are on lost games? That means very low xp. 100-300xp. So those tiny bonuses for doing usless crapcount for a lot. Extra 30 or 50xp matters less if you win and get 600+ xp.



xx984 #8 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:57 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 55023 battles
  • 2,520
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
Its probably just as simple as, the IS-7's did their damage of their own spots, where as the people who are complaining about it shot tanks that other people spotted, leading to less XP

FluffyRedFox #9 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 22971 battles
  • 8,392
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View Postxx984, on 14 February 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

guess i know what im playing when ranked starts

anything but ranked? :hiding:



Shivva #10 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29800 battles
  • 1,958
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012

View Postxx984, on 14 February 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

guess i know what im playing when ranked starts

 

When does that abomination of a mode return?..don't like it much but it does seem to help the tier 8 MM when it's running.

m1x_angelico #11 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22479 battles
  • 845
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View Postxx984, on 14 February 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

Its probably just as simple as, the IS-7's did their damage of their own spots, where as the people who are complaining about it shot tanks that other people spotted, leading to less XP

 

That makes sense. Still, how would we explain the situation where IS7 did no damage whatsoever?

 

Found the original OP screenshots 

 

I'm still baffled why he got banned...



vasilinhorulezz #12 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22813 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

View Postm1x_angelico, on 14 February 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

 

That makes sense. Still, how would we explain the situation where IS7 did no damage whatsoever?

 

Found the original OP screenshots 

 

I'm still baffled why he got banned...

 

you also get xp for surviving, even with 0 damage if you die last, you might get some xp vs someone who died fast.

Still you need replays to understand what happened.



xx984 #13 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 55023 battles
  • 2,520
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostShivva, on 14 February 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

 

When does that abomination of a mode return?..don't like it much but it does seem to help the tier 8 MM when it's running.

 

Not sure, One of the WG Staff said there will be more info soon.

View Postm1x_angelico, on 14 February 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

 

That makes sense. Still, how would we explain the situation where IS7 did no damage whatsoever?

 

Found the original OP screenshots 

 

I'm still baffled why he got banned...

 

While that is still weird, It can still be explained. IS-7 got 1.1k Assistance still, And yet again if the Pz VII shot on other peoples spots then that will result in significantly less XP then usual, even if the IS-7 did 0 Damage its not out of the realm of possibility. The IS-7 also got the first spots on 2 tanks which would result in more XP as well.

 

 



m1x_angelico #14 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22479 battles
  • 845
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View Postxx984, on 14 February 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

 

Not sure, One of the WG Staff said there will be more info soon.

 

While that is still weird, It can still be explained. IS-7 got 1.1k Assistance still, And yet again if the Pz VII shot on other peoples spots then that will result in significantly less XP then usual, even if the IS-7 did 0 Damage its not out of the realm of possibility. The IS-7 also got the first spots on 2 tanks which would result in more XP as well.

 

 

 

Off course, that's why I brought it up. To discuss it. I'm trying to get hold of the replays to review them. If IS-7 does have some preferential XP multiplayer it would be good to know it. Unlike perhaps some other players, I don't think that would be necessarily a bad thing, but it would be good to know.

MOTA_BOY #15 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 10744 battles
  • 97
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Ofcourse not..... Like all Rashan tanks..... :trollface:

somegras #16 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:18 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 49026 battles
  • 8,707
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

I've read the original NA thread and the Reddit thread, and I can safely say that people just don't understand how the xp system works and instead just jump to conclusions.

 

For anyone who can't be bothered reading the entire thing: It's basically some top-notch tinfoil hat stuff.



m1x_angelico #17 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22479 battles
  • 845
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View Postsomegras, on 14 February 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

I've read the original NA thread and the Reddit thread, and I can safely say that people just don't understand how the xp system works and instead just jump to conclusions.

 

For anyone who can't be bothered reading the entire thing: It's basically some top-notch tinfoil hat stuff.

 

Well, I do understand how XP system works (well at least from what is publicly available info). But, I'm baffled as well. The only way to check it is to review the replays.

 

And not to be overly harsh, when you ban someone for asking a question, even a stupid one, you're inviting for tinfoil hat theories, aren't you?



Noo_Noo #18 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21651 battles
  • 2,048
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

Shhh you know we're a bunch of whiners here on the EU dont you?

 

We cant be seen to be whining about a whine on the NA server



somegras #19 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 49026 battles
  • 8,707
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

View Postm1x_angelico, on 14 February 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

Well, I do understand how XP system works (well at least from what is publicly available info). But, I'm baffled as well. The only way to check it is to review the replays.

 

And not to be overly harsh, when you ban someone for asking a question, even a stupid one, you're inviting for tinfoil hat theories, aren't you?

 

The tinfoil theories were already raging on from the first post. And the guy got banned for naming and shaming, IIRC, because he didn't edit out the names in any of the screenshots. Formulating it as if he got banned for "asking a question" is what fuels the tinfoil theories, not the banning itself.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66286 battles
  • 16,286
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postm1x_angelico, on 14 February 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

If I'm not mistaken, they did a comparison of the damage and spotting of different tanks in each game, based on the info on the wiki and it still showed some results that could not be explained. I'm trying to get to the original OP's pictures to check for myself, as they were (I assume) deleted when he got the ban.

 

How many first spots did he get in those games? Did he spot arty first in some of those games, and spotted nothing in the others? Did he cap or defend in one and not the others? How many kill shots did he have vs a game with the same damage? Did he wreck more modules in one game vs the rest? Did they kill everyone on the enemy team, or did they win with a cap with targets left? As the team performance bonus is not gonna be the same each game either vs enemy HP and damage done. And was he 100% sure he got the damage on his own spotting on all targets? As that's not a given even on the HT line. And when you lose 50% XP pr shot if you get a few of those on the HT line. It will make a difference vs one that don't both games.

 

Considering all the different XP variables going from game to game before Damage done and assist vs target is calculated. Going by damage and assist alone to compare XP is not solid evidence tbh.

 

View Postm1x_angelico, on 14 February 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

 

Well, I do understand how XP system works (well at least from what is publicly available info). But, I'm baffled as well. The only way to check it is to review the replays.

 

Exactly. We don't know how many hidden variables for XP there are. Tho we do know of one Russian HT that gets more XP vs the rest. But he is tier 5. And it's easy to spot vs one doing half the job you did.


Edited by Balc0ra, 14 February 2018 - 05:50 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users