• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Kirk_Helmet #1 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36127 battles
  • [PAPKO] PAPKO

Hello,

as far as I can remember this topic appeared on forums at least few times but nothing has been said or done by Wargaming about the issue I'd like to point out. I would like to know the opinions and maybe the ideas for improvement other players have and maybe finally WG would address that problem.

I'm talking about playing the Encounter game mode on Mines. Most probably at least some of you realised that the spawn points there are ridiculous, or the placement of flag circle is. I mean it is way easier for the northern team to get into the capping circle and to get the hill (2 vital points granting nearly sure victory). I checked if it's not only my paranoia or personal impression and on vbaddict the global numbers for this map are as follows:

- team 1: 38,56% victories

- team 2: 60,50% victories

Pardon me, but if this is a balanced map then North Korea is the nicest place on Earth to live in. Therefore I'd like WG to finally get aware of this problem and fix this map in Encounter mode cause it's no fun to play. You either get an easy win or work your hands to the bones trying not to loose. Not a definition of fun to be honest. Maybe players have some good ideas to fixing the spawn points/flag circle location?

P.S. If the problem has already been addressed while reworking map to HD (which I haven't checked but hardly believe) then excuse me for bothering you.

Dex022 #2 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38389 battles
  • [ASOS-] ASOS-

I disabled encounter like two weeks ago. Mines was special ebola but others were bad also like Lakevile or Steppes where bots go valley/heavy brawl spot and it is same as Mines,easy cap or kill few tanks that go towards cap then just flank around and finish rest. Murovanka also has cap problem if entire team lemmings into forest and seat there against 2-3 tanks.I mean i would never cap but average bot will do it even with 0 dmg done. Only encounter that was fun was Malinovka but these others just kill the mode finally for me.

Mod need some rework or just removal from game. So far i am happy with just disabling it.

Edited by Dex022, 15 February 2018 - 11:12 AM.

Kirk_Helmet #3 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36127 battles
  • [PAPKO] PAPKO
But as you said - Mines has a map balance problem while on Lakeville, Steppes or Murovanka the map is fine, it's simply players who tend to ignore the side of map with objective. I understand your frustration there, but it is caused by lemmings, not map itself.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #4 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:25 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14846 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Now North Korea happens to be the nicest place to live, so apparently encounter on mines is balanced :unsure:

ogremage #5 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31601 battles
Just move the cap point to between both islands, shootable clearly from many places.

8126Jakobsson #6 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:57 AM

Major

• Player
  • 60991 battles

View PostDex022, on 15 February 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

I disabled encounter like two weeks ago. Mines was special ebola but others were bad also like Lakevile or Steppes where bots go valley/heavy brawl spot and it is same as Mines,easy cap or kill few tanks that go towards cap then just flank around and finish rest. Murovanka also has cap problem if entire team lemmings into forest and seat there against 2-3 tanks.I mean i would never cap but average bot will do it even with 0 dmg done. Only encounter that was fun was Malinovka but these others just kill the mode finally for me.

Mod need some rework or just removal from game. So far i am happy with just disabling it.

​Those maps are not the same though as Lakeville and Steppes are about equal regarding the cap opportunity while Mines is free win for north. 4Tankers did a check up for Mines and hill wins about 85% of the time. Which team gets the upper hand on hill? North. Oh, and which team gets the upper hand on cap? Yeah also north, so south can go fudge themselves. 

Edited by 8126Jakobsson, 15 February 2018 - 11:58 AM.

Dex022 #7 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38389 battles
  • [ASOS-] ASOS-

Even Mines would be more fun if 45% bots would not just hide behind buildings and cap. Yes those bots should be blasted if there was better balance but people generally are morons and that is hard to balance.

But ofc i strongly think Mines encounter totally needs not rework but removal.

Cap circle moved and slightly worse spawn for north for hill rush would solve most problems of balance but thinking is hard for wg.

Edited by Dex022, 15 February 2018 - 12:02 PM.

Kirk_Helmet #8 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36127 battles
  • [PAPKO] PAPKO

View Postogremage, on 15 February 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

Just move the cap point to between both islands, shootable clearly from many places.

That could be one way to achieve some balance on this map.

CmdRatScabies #9 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35172 battles
Has anyone played Mines encounter on the test server?  Centre has been reworked & the map may not play the same as before.

Kirk_Helmet #10 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36127 battles
  • [PAPKO] PAPKO

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 15 February 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

Has anyone played Mines encounter on the test server?  Centre has been reworked & the map may not play the same as before.

Yes, I checked that out but besides few tall walls I can't see much difference gameplay wise. I don't think that could solve the problem unfortunately. But I played it on standard battle so I have no idea if they moved the spawns or flag anyhow on encounter.

Simeon85 #11 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Yeh it is silly, South teams meds and lights spawn further away, have to go more up hill and cross water so they always get the hill second, from there it's the game generally. There are quite a few very badly balanced maps in the game right now, especially in key spots and in different modes they often get worse.

Like Assault defenders on Sand River win about 65%, Swamp massively favours the north team at the moment because they can rush the G5/G6 spot and pen the south team in. If the South team actually go the bridge side (medium side) on Live Oaks then they will win that flank easily and generally the game because they can get a cross fire going  and pin the the north team into a bowl. 

I've noticed comments from WG about some of the re-works where they are re-balancing the maps and they mention areas that gave advantages to one side or another but they don't seem to have addressed some of the most unbalanced maps in the game. 

People always seem to forget this when they talk about one sided games, everyone focuses on the players, but tank type matching and unbalanced maps make a huge difference, doesn't matter how good your team is if you are South on Mines encounter you are going to struggle or attacking on Sand River assault you are going to struggle.

If you throw some Op tanks v weak tanks in there or super heavies v support heavies then the game is pretty much a forgone conclusion.  Sand River assault and the defenders get a couple of Maus tanks and a 907, whilst your attacking team gets an STB-1 and T57 heavies, yeh good luck with that. 

CmdRatScabies #12 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35172 battles

View PostKirk_Helmet, on 15 February 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

Yes, I checked that out but besides few tall walls I can't see much difference gameplay wise. I don't think that could solve the problem unfortunately. But I played it on standard battle so I have no idea if they moved the spawns or flag anyhow on encounter.

I played it once & the centre hill seems more open than it was - I was getting shot by TDs & couldn't shoot from where I'd normally go.  If the hill is less strong then North taking it first may not be GG for the South.

Holdes #13 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17089 battles

I got tired of getting raped on South on Mines Encounter so I disabled the mode altogether. 

Circon has made a video about it, but who cares about map balance. Instead, since 9.22 you will get Encounter or Assault whether you want it or not, if queue time is too long..

HeidenSieker #14 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostHoldes, on 15 February 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Circon has made a video about it, but who cares

Stopped watching at 1:47.Pfffft.

zukimik #15 Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 54668 battles
They have to remove the encounter form the mines, is bullhi....t the north team 100% win the game by capping ...and usually the south team will die trying to reset the cap and expose them self in the process and ends up as a defeat, today i lost 3 games on mines encounter being spawned in the south, is wrong WG please fix this ...i lost hundreds of games in the past on mines encounter only because of the encounter mode. The map need to be fixed fast, i always disabled encounter only because of the mines map, with the 1.0 release i thought that they changed somehow the mines encounter but is the same issue, i already disabled the encounter mode, and only because of this map, prokhorovka map also same same issue but is way easier to reset or do something about the cap.

Edited by zukimik, 31 March 2018 - 09:05 AM.

LordMuffin #16 Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:09 AM

General

• Player
  • 47010 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Mines just need a removal. At least for T6+ tanks.

clixor #17 Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:56 AM

Major

• Player
  • 49581 battles

If not removal for tier6+ then what imo AT LEAST needs to fixed is either the spawn point of the south team. Or remove the river which delays the lights/meds so they can't contest the hill. 

Ofcourse a team is going to lose if AND the hill AND the approach of the cap AND the cap itself is covered by the enemy team.

Gremlin182 #18 Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45370 battles

Mines is a decent low tier map but its just too small for higher tiers.

Encounter doesn't work on it though.

But then encounter and also assault struggles to work on a number of maps.

Some players seem confused as to how that part of the game works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users