I drive a td so i must base camp

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

dasdon #1 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 51410 battles
picture says it all, the other td was beside the bridge too just unspotted when I took the ss.

Attached Files

• Attached File   Inkedshot_002_LI.jpg   2.98MB

Edited by dasdon, 15 February 2018 - 10:40 AM.

Thejagdpanther #2 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34079 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

And?

You git gud?

Picture say only that you was luky as hell, since the low roll of the t30 save your pork autoloader.

Edited by Thejagdpanther, 15 February 2018 - 10:52 AM.

Thuis001 #3 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5923 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

No, playing a TD =/= basecamping.

With a TD you need to be there were your team needs you to support them by putting in big amounts of damage, and sure, if you camp base and get 3k dmg in the last minute you might get a fancy purple color but you are still a bad player given how you don't help your team with winning.

Gboor #4 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18666 battles
So what? You want every user of forum to spam crap about players? 10 screenshots per day for every user, because someone didnt play like we wanted to? Next time think before you create topic. Shame, spamming general mith some QQs and complains

Edited by Gboor, 15 February 2018 - 10:49 AM.

dasdon #5 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 51410 battles

View PostGboor, on 15 February 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

So what? You want every user of forum to spam crap about players? 10 screenshots per day for every user, because someone didnt play like we wanted to? Next time think before you create topic. Shame, spamming general mith some QQs and complains

​let me guess, your one of the td players who has the mind set I must camp cause I'm driving a td roar look at me. and correct me if I'm wrong but u don't own the forum and whining about my post just makes u look like [edited].

View PostThejagdpanther, on 15 February 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

And?

You git gud?

Picture say only that you was luky as hell, since the low roll of the t30 save your pork autoloader.

​yer I'm driving down the road and pow gets nailed my 3tds not really anything one can do about it, unless u have super skill I don't know nothing about?

MattieW #6 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13130 battles
  • [SA_HB] SA_HB

So what was your end result?  Win or lose?

If you knew their TDs were base camping why not go defend your base and once the enemy meds are destroyed all go clear out their TDs in base?...

Gboor #7 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18666 battles

View Postdasdon, on 15 February 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

​let me guess, your one of the td players who has the mind set I must camp cause I'm driving a td roar look at me. and correct me if I'm wrong but u don't own the forum and whining about my post just makes u look like [edited].

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I never play the same, i analyse battle, tanks, how players spread on map and decide how to play to make my team win. Thats why there is such difference between me and you. I guess you always play same way dying like potato in half of your games because you didnt adjust gameplay to situation and in the end you complain at everyone blaming them for your death

PS. I dont really play tds much, excepting skorpion g, but i think i know well how to play it, 3 marks are not given for nothing on this tank i made british td line to get death star and its actually all about tier 10 tds so your statement is disabled

Btw tell me  your thoughts about battle you made screenshot of, because IMO they couldnt do more, if they pushed north they would get killed because they had no chance vs mediums, if they went down east to city it would be loss because enemies would get cap or snipe everyone from base. Actually they did best thing to let team win. You should start going back to def base, but turn around once or twice to be sure enemy td didnt start rushing city on your back. But yea, you made lemming train runnig forward and complain that TDs tried to stop enemies from capping your base. Actually you could win this, but not by riding forward like potato when you already knew enemy is so close from your base

Edited by Gboor, 15 February 2018 - 11:40 AM.

Jigabachi #8 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

1. He isn't whining about your post, he is just trying to make you understand how stupid YOUR whining is.

2. You should learn that people disagreeing with you don't necessarily hold the exact opposite opinion. Your conclusion is childish.

3. It's "you're", not "your".

Apart from that... did they win?

Edited by Jigabachi, 15 February 2018 - 11:40 AM.

clixor #9 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:43 AM

Major

• Player
  • 50404 battles
This is a map issue, not (only) a camping td mentality issue. Your teams west side needed to defend and you where on the attacking flank. Now, if those tds camping base would have lemminged with the attackers, enemy team just caps. Seen that 100th of times on that map.

Gboor #10 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18666 battles
Dasdon, its my last post, i will try to show you why this battle was your fault, not tds, you could make great opportunity to win if only you wouldnt be lemming who never heard about turning around and going back to regroup in place where you can run away from one group of enemies and be in place where enemies cannot cap your base. It was enough to just back instead of making clueless push of city
If you already knew meds took whole northwest you shouldnt even push north through city with all your lemming who did same as you. I wont even comment attacking jpe100 jagdtiger and t30 in place where they can hulldown instead of forcing them to leave their spots just by pulling them to city or just go back and make 5 tanks useless in case when they wouldnt try to go city

Think more when you play instead of making leming train forward yolo. Possibility of turning around and falling back in this game has its reasons

Edited by Gboor, 15 February 2018 - 11:54 AM.

dasdon #11 Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 51410 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 15 February 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

1. He isn't whining about your post, he is just trying to make you understand how stupid YOUR whining is.

2. You should learn that people disagreeing with you don't necessarily hold the exact opposite opinion. Your conclusion is childish.

3. It's "you're", not "your".

Apart from that... did they win?

​look at my original post, all I say is the ss says it all, wheres the whine there u *edited*?
​as for correcting English get real its 2018 no one cares mr English teacher.
​as for the win, nope they got rekt.

View PostGboor, on 15 February 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

Dasdon, its my last post, i will try to show you why this battle was your fault, not tds, you could make great opportunity to win if only you wouldnt be lemming who never heard about turning around and going back to regroup in place where you can run away from one group of enemies and be in place where enemies cannot cap your base. It was enough to just back instead of making clueless push of city
If you already knew meds took whole northwest you shouldnt even push north through city with all your lemming who did same as you. I wont even comment attacking jpe100 jagdtiger and t30 in place where they can hulldown instead of forcing them to leave their spots just by pulling them to city or just go back and make 5 tanks useless in case when they wouldnt try to go city

Think more when you play instead of making leming train forward yolo. Possibility of turning around and falling back in this game has its reasons

​if u think for one second anybody would get out of that spot alive you plainly have an active imagination. I suggest a career as an author. you plainly like writing so make some bucks out of it rather than defending a wall of tds who are to stupid/lazy/herd mentality to leave base area.
​I mind back in the day when tds weren't such meow cats and would actually lead the assault. ah the good old days. as it is I find I must camp in a td roar boring. my opinion. if u don't like it ts and move on I really don't care.

Edited by NickMustaine, 16 February 2018 - 12:17 PM.
Insults

Kirk_Helmet #12 Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36940 battles
  • [PAPKO] PAPKO
Wait a minute.. is the OP salty because enemy team used some actual tactics setting up a defensive position with TDs on one flank and attacking on the other with meds? What is the problem here?

Thejagdpanther #13 Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34079 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

So, let's start over.

Genuine and innocent questions.

What is the point of the thread... some tanks that are in some positions and shoot/damage/kill some other tanks?

Enforcer1975 #14 Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20559 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKirk_Helmet, on 15 February 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

Wait a minute.. is the OP salty because enemy team used some actual tactics setting up a defensive position with TDs on one flank and attacking on the other with meds? What is the problem here?

Camping is not a tactic!!!!!!  :hiding::bush::child:

Actually it is...but not if you sit behind your cap at the red line for 14 minutes.

Believe it or not there are a lot of players who believe the crap they write in the wiki on how to play a certain tank...had a potato yesterday who insisted that the Tiger I is a sniper tank....but played it like a heavy... :amazed:

Or heavies in general camping behind arty when their TDs are at the front...

Edited by Daxeno, 15 February 2018 - 01:06 PM.

Thrael7 #15 Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22983 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I recently started SU-100M1 with fresh crew and no freeXP. You 'll have the time of your life if you 're lucky enough to have me in your team. Played a few battles with 9.21 laser accuracy and now I realize that in 9.22 it can't snipe for $h1t. :hiding:

You never know why ppl do dumb things.

Shivva #16 Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29634 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View Postdasdon, on 15 February 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

​if u think for one second anybody would get out of that spot alive you plainly have an active imagination. I suggest a career as an author. you plainly like writing so make some bucks out of it rather than defending a wall of tds who are to stupid/lazy/herd mentality to leave base area.
​I mind back in the day when tds weren't such meow cats and would actually lead the assault. ah the good old days. as it is I find I must camp in a td roar boring. my opinion. if u don't like it ts and move on I really don't care.

These new trolls on the forums these days are really poor compared to some of the classics from days gone by...TD's camping *yawn*..I'll wait for your next 2 threads no doubt about Gold Ammo and then subsequently an Arty post.

Jigabachi #17 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postdasdon, on 15 February 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

​look at my original post, all I say is the ss says it all, wheres the whine there u moron?

Your original post consists of a screenshot and a few words. Without any more context it's just whining.

"Boohoo, I wanted to invade their base but there were some TDs."

Also, thanks for insulting me without any reason. That will really motivate the mods to leave this very constructive thread open instead of just trashing it.

Block Quote

If "no one" means "uneducated and immature people", then... yes, you might be right there.

Gboor #18 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18666 battles

View Postdasdon, on 15 February 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

​look at my original post, all I say is the ss says it all, wheres the whine there u moron?
​as for the win, nope they got rekt.

Sure everybody would get out alive if non of you went north of 0 line with no reason, you didnt even have to see these tds, you knew they are here and that they will be hulldown. You shouldnt go north at all seeing what is happening at northwest. If you didnt go E0 you wouldnt have to fall back under their fire, you shouldnt even go further than J/K line. After killing some tanks in this place you should immediately go back to your base and push 1-2 line.
Actually tds from your team had better reason to create complain topic than you. They might lose because you didnt take any attention to situation on map.

Edited by Gboor, 15 February 2018 - 01:21 PM.

dasdon #19 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 51410 battles

View PostGboor, on 15 February 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

Sure everybody would get out alive if non of you went north of 0 line with no reason, you didnt even have to see these tds, you knew they are here and that they will be hulldown. You shouldnt go north at all seeing what is happening at northwest. If you didnt go E0 you wouldnt have to fall back under their fire, you shouldnt even go further than J/K line. After killing some tanks in this place you should immediately go back to your base and push 1-2 line

​look at screenshot, the pilot was afk in base, our top tier med went town with the heavies , if I mind right there might have been a lorry too. so we clear the corner of the town, killing the heavy, a light and some other tank.
​so I'm trundling forwards then blam like I said I take like 3 td hits in a row. so I get to cover. the house. whats one supposed to do then? I couldn't move or I was zapped(as it was arty splashed me).
​as for the original post it wasn't meant to be a whine thread, just the fact there was 6 tds sitting in a line waiting to dish out pain .
​sure if we had cleared town u could argue that I could have doubled back to base and moved up the other line but heres the big but the wall of tds would have still been there waiting to dish out pain.
​so I repeat what are u supposed to do v that? oh and they had 2 meds behind the tds too that were unspotted at ss.

vasilinhorulezz #20 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22780 battles

So, you are in the forums to complain about your lack of situational awareness?

Those TDs were spotted in town?

If the answer is "No", then you should have at least an idea of where they could be.

If you approached from a different angle, you could be hull down and not risk your tank 

trying to spot them,

right next to you, on the left is a ridge that could allow you to go hull down and only show your turret when trying to poke,

not risking your tank, and be able to damage them without the fear of death.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users