Season 7 global map layout

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

FireflyDivision #1 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:11 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24216 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

You might remember a topic about this I previously made: http://forum.worldof...feedback-short/

Basically, I think that WG did a good job with keeping the global map layout of season 7 similar to the one of season 6. The season 6 layout was a very big improvement compared to the season 5 one and therefore I am happy that WG didn't take any steps backwards. I'm also happy about that WG didn't try to bring "improvements" to it without having received suggestions for it from the community.

Edit: Well, there is one change actually, and that is the re-introduction of auction zones. I totally forgot this when creating the topic. I think it wasn't needed, but what do you think about it?

You may wonder why I'm creating this topic. Well, I think it might be important to let WG know our thoughts of each season, so that they don't change things on their own. 

Please share your own thoughts. 

Edited by FireflyDivision, 15 February 2018 - 11:15 AM.

mango91 #2 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 41638 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

I agree on your thoughts, global map is fine as layout and I like the horizontal time layers

I still have the little dream of having the maps anyhow related to the provinces (I know that this way i.e. Arctic Region would be very rare in the Arabic peninsula, but it still would be nice)

FireflyDivision #3 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:27 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24216 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View Postmango91, on 15 February 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

I agree on your thoughts, global map is fine as layout and I like the horizontal time layers

I still have the little dream of having the maps anyhow related to the provinces (I know that this way i.e. Arctic Region would be very rare in the Arabic peninsula, but it still would be nice)

Could be fun. However, it might mess with the idea we set about that the T8 area is a place for clans to build, practice and prepare for the t10 zone. If both zones have totally different maps, it could cause a problem. Such a thing would need a larger redesign of the map, to let the t10 zone stretch into Europe and Africa for example. 

Paris_Hilton #4 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32322 battles
  • [3PX] 3PX
Is this the new Frontline news where we can spam ? 

FireflyDivision #5 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24216 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View PostParis_Hilton, on 15 February 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

Is this the new Frontline news where we can spam ? 

Please no... 

I like meme-ing too but this is an important matter that shapes the gaming experience of many WoT players.

Edited by FireflyDivision, 15 February 2018 - 11:53 AM.

Berbo #6 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31742 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostFireflyDivision, on 15 February 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

Please no... 

I like meme-ing too but this is an important matter that shapes the gaming experience of many WoT players.

What I can say for sure that this forum is being read daily and we really appreciate the feedback you guys are giving.

I personally spent a great deal of my time on GM and it's one of my favorite WoT moments, I hope we'll be able to make it even better.

Cheers

mango91 #7 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 41638 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

View PostFireflyDivision, on 15 February 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Could be fun. However, it might mess with the idea we set about that the T8 area is a place for clans to build, practice and prepare for the t10 zone. If both zones have totally different maps, it could cause a problem. Such a thing would need a larger redesign of the map, to let the t10 zone stretch into Europe and Africa for example. 

Actually the tactics played on t8 zone are already pretty different form the ones with t10's

just the amount of tanks gives the point, 10 slots leave small room for ultra specialized choices even on maps where they could work properly.

Most of the times the lack of map control due to only 10 tanks playing, makes the game a "they're rushing there, counter push them/push for the base"

on the other hand a larger design or a much bigger global map (2012-2013 version anyone?) would make it for my little idea

Maybe the output would be that "desert rats clan", "grasshoppers" and "snoweaters" only play within their specific area, but I would give it a try maybe in a short beta (like 2 weeks dunno)

FireflyDivision #8 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24216 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View Postmango91, on 15 February 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Actually the tactics played on t8 zone are already pretty different form the ones with t10's

just the amount of tanks gives the point, 10 slots leave small room for ultra specialized choices even on maps where they could work properly.

Most of the times the lack of map control due to only 10 tanks playing, makes the game a "they're rushing there, counter push them/push for the base"

on the other hand a larger design or a much bigger global map (2012-2013 version anyone?) would make it for my little idea

Maybe the output would be that "desert rats clan", "grasshoppers" and "snoweaters" only play within their specific area, but I would give it a try maybe in a short beta (like 2 weeks dunno)

While there are tactical differences between 15 players and 10 players, a few things, like spotting positions, ways to engage a group of tanks in a specific position etc remain similar.

Making the global map bigger brings other problems. If you give enough room to every CW clan, then nobody is going to fight anymore. 

mango91 #9 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 41638 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

View PostFireflyDivision, on 15 February 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

While there are tactical differences between 15 players and 10 players, a few things, like spotting positions, ways to engage a group of tanks in a specific position etc remain similar.

Making the global map bigger brings other problems. If you give enough room to every CW clan, then nobody is going to fight anymore. 

agree on the "few similar key things" you wrote

btw a bigger map doesn't necessarily mean more provinces, if the idea is just to make the link map-province (for both tier) more various

Edited by mango91, 15 February 2018 - 02:21 PM.

FireflyDivision #10 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24216 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View Postmango91, on 15 February 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

agree on the "few similar key things" you wrote

btw a bigger map doesn't necessarily mean more provinces, if the idea is just to make the link map-province (for both tier) more various

Ohh, you mean like CW 1.0 where each province was physically bigger and therefore the map stretched from Russia to Europe to Africa. Makes sense. 

mango91 #11 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 41638 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

View Postmango91, on 15 February 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

on the other hand a larger design or a much bigger global map (2012-2013 version anyone?)

yeah man, about like that prehistorical design.

we (Berbo included) have a few days of difference in the dates of account creation. Good ol' days, great memories of global map & the few top tiers present back then

FireflyDivision #12 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24216 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View Postmango91, on 15 February 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

we (Berbo included) have a few days of difference in the dates of account creation. Good ol' days, great memories of global map & the few top tiers present back then

We would have to have a little thinking about how we wanna do the design though, because I'd want to prevent the "timezone-hiding" that was happening. If it happened today, it would be a bigger problem, because there are fewer top clans. 

Block Quote

& the few top tiers present back then

heheheh... was fun to see everyone playing with the same tanks and trying to win by just having a superior tactic and skills. Nowadays... if you bring IS-7s against a team which seems to be doing a full Type 5 camp, you know you are at a major disadvantage already in some cases.

mango91 #13 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 41638 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

the "timezone-hiding" was a major issue due to the lack of international super-clan those days. There were the "national pride clans" mostly and you know, dinner time changes with the latitude of the country

nowadays there're more international clans (or even national) which would be able to fight at every timezone if "needed".

but for sure the map should be designed carefully, as the landing provinces and the "sea-attack borders"

FireflyDivision #14 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:31 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24216 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View Postmango91, on 15 February 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

the "timezone-hiding" was a major issue due to the lack of international super-clan those days. There were the "national pride clans" mostly and you know, dinner time changes with the latitude of the country

nowadays there're more international clans (or even national) which would be able to fight at every timezone if "needed".

but for sure the map should be designed carefully, as the landing provinces and the "sea-attack borders"

Even if what you're saying is correct, there still are fewer TOP clans than before.  

Edited by FireflyDivision, 15 February 2018 - 04:31 PM.

mango91 #15 Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 41638 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

so your point is that they would farm gold more than now, right?

a huge cross-NAP on all the worth provinces

Berbo #16 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31742 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View Postmango91, on 15 February 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

my best moments in wot were connected to clans/clan wars, believe it or not I may even try to make some clan believe I still know how to play and get them to take me to play a few battles :p

Altay_The_Kebabos #17 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20406 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostBerbo, on 15 February 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

my best moments in wot were connected to clans/clan wars, believe it or not I may even try to make some clan believe I still know how to play and get them to take me to play a few battles :p

You can Check your DM

FireflyDivision #18 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24216 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View PostBerbo, on 15 February 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

"Recruit me or I delete your clan from the game"

There you go, a sentence you can use in your clan application, completely for free :P 

KABINE10 #19 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47591 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

well theres still no portals to asgaard.. few thoughts aswell here: timezones gives very unbalanced income = later timezones have much more gold and provinces for some reason.. i do understand its the "primetime" for majority i guess but not every clan is able to play there and in matter of fact the earlier timezones have more good clans fighting eachothers atm as the later timezones are just used for farming as there is much more gold and provinces and room for farming in general.

long as you are able to play multiple timezones you will see less fights, more farming. ( i dont really mind about that but just saying)

in general map is decent compared to what it used to be ( still the very first cw map was best so far)

just my personal opinions, not anyone elses.

Edited by AlphaMale_Kabine10, 16 February 2018 - 12:14 AM.

voulezvous #20 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:58 AM

Community Team Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 17616 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostAlphaMale_Kabine10, on 16 February 2018 - 12:02 AM, said:

well theres still no portals to asgaard.. few thoughts aswell here: timezones gives very unbalanced income = later timezones have much more gold and provinces for some reason.. i do understand its the "primetime" for majority i guess but not every clan is able to play there and in matter of fact the earlier timezones have more good clans fighting eachothers atm as the later timezones are just used for farming as there is much more gold and provinces and room for farming in general.

long as you are able to play multiple timezones you will see less fights, more farming. ( i dont really mind about that but just saying)

in general map is decent compared to what it used to be ( still the very first cw map was best so far)

just my personal opinions, not anyone elses.

Can you educate a noob about why the 1st map was so great? I'm really interested!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users