Who's more responsible for the gold spam?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Poll: Who's more responsible for the gold spam? (147 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

?

1. Players (46 votes [31.29%])

Percentage of vote: 31.29%

2. WG (101 votes [68.71%])

Percentage of vote: 68.71%

Vote Hide poll

_EXODUZ_ #1 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35102 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

We have a lot of topics regarding gold ammo. Most of them are boring by now, but I'd like to see your perspective on this specific aspect.

Even a while ago, when we didn't have that many heavily armored tanks gold spam was very common. Very often it was because of shell velocity and other well known reasons. Nowadays, you see gold spam everywhere. Go play some Team Battles, for example. You'll see some orange/yellow boys shooting nothing but gold almost every game. Try T6 SH's, same thing, people shooting gold at Cromwell's and Type 64's. That's actually where I never shoot gold, I'm there to make credits. Same goes when I play Ranked Battles, cause it's all about getting XP which is easily done without spamming gold.

Not that I have a problem with it, never did. I don't really care, shoot whatever you want, it's my fault for getting shot in the first place. I also don't mind loosing 1 game out of 10 because there was some OP tank in the enemy team that no one could pen. It's not like we're infested with 5 257's/268 V4's every battle. Sure, WG wants you to spend more money on the game, which is natural, but do you really have to do what they want?

All in all, I think players are more responsible for this increasing trend. It seems to me that nowadays we have a lot more tryhards on various levels of skill.

brumbarr #2 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
I dont see how players can be at fault for using a mechanic in game?

Kirk_Helmet #3 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 38024 battles
  • [PAPKO] PAPKO

I would answer: both.

Many players spam premium rounds excessively not willing to improve in terms of aiming, knowledge of armor models, penetration mechanics etc...

But WG resists to balance premium rounds which have nearly no drawbacks.

A simple example - I play Obj 416 quite a lot recently and as I am an old timer who got used to the game years ago when there was no premium ammo for credits (which was a better solution imo) so I really shoot very few of them. BUT I see why people playing that tank would feel tempted to dub the "2" key. I mean - switching from 201 penetration to 330 is just insane, especially on tier 8. When I meet tanks like Type 4 I am easily able to make their armor completely irrelevant in a tank that could and should use camo and mobility to ambush them.

xBiggiex #4 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36123 battles
  • [LCSGY] LCSGY
Since we are talking about an illegal mod infested pay to win game i think nobody gives a [edited]about it!

_EXODUZ_ #5 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35102 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postbrumbarr, on 15 February 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

I dont see how players can be at fault for using a mechanic in game?

I'm not blaming anyone, talking about evolving trends regarding gameplay.

Thuis001 #6 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5981 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-
Yeah, you can't really give either ALL the blame, but WG is the bigger factor. They should rebalance armor and premium ammo which, altough very hard to get right, should be prioritised over stuff like Tier VIII prems, better graphics and other such things. On the other hands, players spam gold at anything that bounces, which makes the lives of Heavies a lot worse. I mean well, the advantage aka armor gets less usefull because someone pays more. I think you could compare it to being able to buy special oil that will increase your top speed and mobility by a lot.

_EXODUZ_ #7 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35102 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostThuis001, on 15 February 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Yeah, you can't really give either ALL the blame, but WG is the bigger factor. They should rebalance armor and premium ammo which, altough very hard to get right, should be prioritised over stuff like Tier VIII prems, better graphics and other such things. On the other hands, players spam gold at anything that bounces, which makes the lives of Heavies a lot worse. I mean well, the advantage aka armor gets less usefull because someone pays more. I think you could compare it to being able to buy special oil that will increase your top speed and mobility by a lot.

You'd think people would play less HT's because of this, but no, we have even more of them.

djuro900 #8 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16826 battles
Wg. Meta changed with introduction of more and more corridors as well as buffing armor so more than before you have to fight armoured tanks frontaly. And if i meet for example type 5 frontal i will dab that 2 key without second thought. Its a mechanic in game and i as a player should be stupid not to use it.

Thuis001 #9 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5981 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

View PostxBiggiex, on 15 February 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Since we are talking about an illegal mod infested pay to win game i think nobody gives a [edited]about it!

I really think people are going too far with blaming illegal mods and the likes. Yes, they exist, no they aren't common if you want to see cheaters go and play some other games. WoT P2W? Yes agree 100% with you there. WG should really stop milking this game, and rather start actually improving it.

Thuis001 #10 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5981 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 15 February 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

You'd think people would play less HT's because of this, but no, we have even more of them.

yeah, but what kind of heavies? Generally the ones with OP armor where even gold rounds don't work because balance.

Wrinkly #11 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45411 battles
WG. Players are just mindless consumers chasing stats.

8126Jakobsson #12 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 67810 battles
In my case it's a little bit of both. The better I get the more I feel entitled to do damage with every shot, and the direction WG have steered us in is just further encouraging me to tap that 2 key.

uglycousin #13 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45876 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 15 February 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

We have a lot of topics regarding gold ammo. Most of them are boring by now, but I'd like to see your perspective on this specific aspect.

And why did you not add "the dingers" in your poll?

Sir, I refuse to vote without that option!

xPraetoriaNx #14 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20345 battles
  • [_HOD_] _HOD_

I blame players and their patheticness. Just because someone hands you a gun, you aren't forced to shoot someone with it.

Using gold ammo in very shitty situations (like, being bottom tier in a stock and / or awful tank), is completely okay. But when I see top tier high penetration vehicles shoot players 2 tier below them, I just feel the physical urge to punch them in the face.

brumbarr #15 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostxPraetoriaNx, on 15 February 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I blame players and their patheticness. Just because someone hands you a gun, you aren't forced to shoot someone with it.

Using gold ammo in very shitty situations (like, being bottom tier in a stock and / or awful tank), is completely okay. But when I see top tier high penetration vehicles shoot players 2 tier below them, I just feel the physical urge to punch them in the face.

There is a slight difference between a gun and shooting someone and gold ammo... i cant put my finger on exaclty what, but its there... sigh

And if your countrt gives everyone acces to guns, whos is resposible when someone shoots up a school?

Velvet_Underground #16 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22243 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 15 February 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

And if your countrt gives everyone acces to guns, whos is resposible when someone shoots up a school?

Video games?

Thejagdpanther #17 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34690 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

Both sides are not innocent. One moved the other and viceversa.

Clearly wg have more brutal power on his side: they could change whatever they want in their games and you git gud or move to another game.

On the other hand playes have a different kind of power, less strong but more edgy/sharp: they don't like the game, they don't play, they don't pay and wg don't earn money.

Gold ammo have an HUGE impact on lowering the RNG effect of penetration, wich is the main point of the problem.

You can't control the RNG of MM, you can't control the rng of accuracy/sigma, you can't control the rng of damage, you can't control the RNG of penetration anyway BUT, you can move it by raising the starting number, so also if rng give you the finger you give the same to him before it even know.

Chronologically gold ammo for all come first than the good armor for all. Players take it, enjoy it and abuse it.

Wg know that they fked up, a huge quantity of tanks (wich are not the ones that everyone think, but are the one that you have to learn to play to make their armor to work) suffered from that change and slowly but surely the mass start to get angry and whine about "ok" tanks becoming suddenly XP HP pinata or nearly completely useless.

So wg aware of the huge imcomes from gold ammo, started to plate tanks... they spam gold for nothing? I will give them a real reason to spam them.

And then we are... now.

For a TL;DR

The most responsabilities are clearly in the hands of wg, but saying at the same time that players are not in any way guilty, is false and hypocritical. The spam of the gold come way sooner than the uber armor. For sure wasn't the WG that loaded gold ammo on players tanks.

Edited by Thejagdpanther, 15 February 2018 - 04:15 PM.

uglycousin #18 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:36 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45876 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostVelvet_Underground, on 15 February 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Video games?

Mexicans.

PhooBar #19 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18840 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The correct answer is C: Dingers.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66629 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 15 February 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

All in all, I think players are more responsible for this increasing trend. It seems to me that nowadays we have a lot more tryhards on various levels of skill.

Players for sure. Sure the armor meta and power creep on some guns is to blame on WG's end if you have to fight it head on. As flanking is not always a luxury in a 1 on 1. But I see more of "just because I can spam it I do" vs "I spam because I lack normal pen to deal with you". I'm willing to bet that at least 70% of the gold ammo coming my way "HE and HESH excluded" comes from guns that can easily deal with me even with their normal ammo on a low pen roll. And most gold spam cry topics even have people whining about HEAT spam on their Borsig. If he could pen you as easy with AP. Why complain? Or were they upset he did not use HE to kill him faster?

But when you read the newcomers section or the in game vehicles sections when people ask for advice about tanks. The most common reply is "mount that gun and spam gold". Especially on the 201 pen guns for the T-54 etc. As that and the 430 II uses HEAT more then anything I face on tier 9. Sure 201 pen can go low on a low roll. But for most on the medium line targets and for flank fire. It's more then enough. And that's the mentality most have, you been told you need it vs everything, even lights. So you spam it.

Then you have the other side of the scale. Type 4/5 derp and 183mm HESH to name a few. So that's on WG. But you need to toss in a big dose of player hype too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users