Jump to content


Being banned


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: being banned (72 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

should people be blue if they have -1 next to their name

  1. Yes (13 votes [18.06%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 18.06%

  2. No (59 votes [81.94%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 81.94%

Vote Hide poll

minerboy_steel #1 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7110 battles
  • 4
  • [-GFL-] -GFL-
  • Member since:
    04-04-2016
should people be banned if some one has -1 next to their name they should be blue automatically

Kirk_Helmet #2 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:09 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 37477 battles
  • 318
  • [PAPKO] PAPKO
  • Member since:
    10-25-2010
What about accidental teamkills?

Aikl #3 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25552 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

Thanks for your very constructive post with proper argumentation for your views on the matter.

 

Intentional team damage/killing or other active ways of sabotaging your teammates do not appear widespread enough to warrant any changes to the automated system. In case you didn't know, the team damage system is more than capable of differentiating between those who have the occasional accident and those who do it regularly. The latter turns you blue for an extended period of time, as opposed to the normal two-three games. Someone on that level are very likely to be 'instabanned'.

 

Heck, the system might even turn someone blue from a single teamkill if it's not, presumably, 'accidental enough'. I took some, ahem, preventive measures in a game last week, and surprisingly turned blue from a single teamkill. Nothing else.

 


Edited by Aikl, 15 February 2018 - 03:20 PM.


jack_timber #4 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 33432 battles
  • 2,076
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Ponder this...

Driving arty, mark my target, fire rather large shell that's going to take 2 seconds to impact. Just as I press fire a low health green decides to have a go at my intended target... Hit the red and splashes the green and kills him or her. Yes I get a -1 but am I to blame?

 



Solstad1069 #5 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41019 battles
  • 3,208
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013
I love it when you have a teammate that turns blue, then after the battle i go and see what he did.
And pretty often he just drove into a friendly and did 4 in teamdamage, :amazed:

Ceeb #6 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30268 battles
  • 5,255
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011
Having had a few -1s I can honestly say, being blue was worth it, if it removed some low life from the game...

Pansenmann #7 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34130 battles
  • 12,637
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View Postminerboy_steel, on 15 February 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

should people be banned if some one has -1 next to their name they should be blue automatically

 

 

congratulations,

you got a

 

 

OP / 10

Edited by Pansenmann, 15 February 2018 - 03:49 PM.


TankkiPoju #8 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20404 battles
  • 6,196
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
What about the times when I accidentally shoot friendly arty?

Orkbert #9 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25512 battles
  • 1,677
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

Currently if you try to get a flipped over team mate back on his tracks but should he self destruct due to the attempts not working the player who tried to help gets accounted for the kill and receives a -1.

 

For this very reason I had to vote NO



Ceeb #10 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:00 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30268 battles
  • 5,255
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostPansenmann, on 15 February 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

 

 

congratulations,

you got a

 

 

OP / 10

 

​Wanchor.

 

I just spat my very cold coffee over my monitor :)



MattieW #11 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13684 battles
  • 218
  • [SA_HB] SA_HB
  • Member since:
    10-11-2013

No.

Accidents happen.

Would also open the system up to worse trolling.


Edited by MattieW, 15 February 2018 - 04:10 PM.


Jethro_Grey #12 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4302 battles
  • 534
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

View PostTankkiPoju, on 15 February 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

What about the times when I accidentally shoot friendly arty?

 

Accidents happen, and arty is an accident magnet. No point losing sleep over minor incidents.

 

I know what it's like to involved in accidents, yet i have no issues dealing with them.

A team mate bullies me around for whatever reason? No problem i shoot the enemy tank, yet i accidently hit that bully in the tracks and he gets obliterated by the enemy team. No idea how the shell made a 45° turn and hit his front drive wheel when i was aiming at the LFP of an enemy tank.

 

I face hug an enemy heavy and arty splashes me and stuns my tank? No problem! If i survive, i drive back to the arty player and take him for a walk at the beach/ lake/ puddle/ cliff/ terrain indentation (whatever is available at the time) or give him polite non-verbal tutorial what HE does to your tank and that from point blank range.

Arty players are not really aware what's around them so the poor sods accidently drown or light a cigarette and accidently get ammo racked, but at least he is very grateful in chat and thanks me for the useful lesson.

 

See? Accidents happen, it's part of the game and it's not important that an accident happened, it's all about how you and the guy/ girl reacts to it and what lesson you've learned. 


Edited by Jethro_Grey, 15 February 2018 - 04:18 PM.


ThebaldEagle #13 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 761 battles
  • 378
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

should people be banned if they make pointles topics

:popcorn:



_funitoo__ #14 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 1126 battles
  • 90
  • Member since:
    12-26-2017

View PostTankkiPoju, on 15 February 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

What about the times when I accidentally shoot friendly arty?

 

That happens to me a lot. Especially at the start of the game...

Jethro_Grey #15 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4302 battles
  • 534
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

View Post_funitoo__, on 15 February 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

 

That happens to me a lot. Especially at the start of the game...

 

Arty is the most popular class, it's no wonder it gets a lot of attention. :trollface:

mjs_89 #16 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5226 battles
  • 347
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

View PostJethro_Grey, on 15 February 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

 

Accidents happen, and arty is an accident magnet. No point losing sleep over minor incidents.

 

I know what it's like to involved in accidents, yet i have no issues dealing with them.

A team mate bullies me around for whatever reason? No problem i shoot the enemy tank, yet i accidently hit that bully in the tracks and he gets obliterated by the enemy team. No idea how the shell made a 45° turn and hit his front drive wheel when i was aiming at the LFP of an enemy tank.

 

I face hug an enemy heavy and arty splashes me and stuns my tank? No problem! If i survive, i drive back to the arty player and take him for a walk at the beach/ lake/ puddle/ cliff/ terrain indentation (whatever is available at the time) or give him polite non-verbal tutorial what HE does to your tank and that from point blank range.

Arty players are not really aware what's around them so the poor sods accidently drown or light a cigarette and accidently get ammo racked, but at least he is very grateful in chat and thanks me for the useful lesson.

 

See? Accidents happen, it's part of the game and it's not important that an accident happened, it's all about how you and the guy/ girl reacts to it and what lesson you've learned. 

 

I hope we never end up on a team together. Do you really keep your gun out of the fight for a couple of minutes just to teamkill a player who (probably unintentionally) splashed you? The game recognises players who constantly sabotage teammates, no need for your  brainless justice, most of the situations you were in were probably accidents and your response (teamkilling) was way out of line. Maybe thats the reason for that 46% winrate. Also, facehugging an enemy often denies teammates who could otherwise support you a clean shot on the target. Wot is a team game, I really hope people will start to understand this someday.

TheComfyChair #17 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7615 battles
  • 750
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-20-2017

View PostPansenmann, on 15 February 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

 

 

congratulations,

you got a

 

 

OP / 10

 



Consett_Steel #18 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17504 battles
  • 548
  • Member since:
    08-18-2012

View Postminerboy_steel, on 15 February 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

should people be banned if some one has -1 next to their name they should be blue automatically

 

If I kill a blue teammate (as I am allowed to by "the rules" ) I will have a -1 against me. So I guess "no" is the only logical answer to such a binary question.


Edited by Consett_Steel, 15 February 2018 - 06:57 PM.


Jethro_Grey #19 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4302 battles
  • 534
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

View Postmjs_89, on 15 February 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

 

I hope we never end up on a team together. Do you really keep your gun out of the fight for a couple of minutes just to teamkill a player who (probably unintentionally) splashed you? The game recognises players who constantly sabotage teammates, no need for your  brainless justice, most of the situations you were in were probably accidents and your response (teamkilling) was way out of line. Maybe thats the reason for that 46% winrate. Also, facehugging an enemy often denies teammates who could otherwise support you a clean shot on the target. Wot is a team game, I really hope people will start to understand this someday.

 

Oh my, what do we have here. Someone with with no sense of humor, a broken sarcasm detector but with a planet sized sense of entitlement, based solely on average WR.

You must feel awesome with your 50% WR and 325 average damage per game..a true yellow tinted green-ish unicum, eh?

 

While i do not hunt my own arty i do however track bullies, griefers and people who think of them as toilet-seat generals, players who - like you - have this sense of entitlement and have the self-given right to command others or harass them if they do not abide their commands. So yeah, once they shoot me, i will find a way to track them in the worst possible moment and let the red team deal with the bully.

 

I did however tk'ed our teams arty who behaved like a douchebag. Despite the fact, that i merely wanted to damage him, my shell ammo-racked him and according to several players on my team, it was a good deed.

 

I do as well hope to have you never on my team, cause you seem to be the kind of guy who ends up being tracked by me infront of enemy guns. :trollface:

And even should MM decide to put you on my team in the one or two games i play per week, i'll make sure to go to the opposite side of the map faaaar away from you.

 

Anyways, enjoy the game and watch your tracks. ^^



Dr_ownape #20 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:31 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 43467 battles
  • 5,483
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

happened to me today. I shot, twice, and killed our resident bully in his O-Ni in my T-34-85M. He pushed two of us out of position, i slagged him in chat so he followed me for 30sec to unload HE in my [edited]ruining my game and the other player who got shot from his pushing.

 

I was blue and showing -1. my team didn't do anything to me except slag the O-Ni and congratulate me.

 

there are sometimes instances where it can be a good thing

 

but i wouldn't of blamed any freindlies for killing me afterwards either






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users