Powercreep

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

TJ72 #1 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14701 battles
  • [E-T-U] E-T-U

Don't know if this has been posted before but thought it may be relevant as this word seems to be banded around alot here.

Please note, take this video as you will.

Personally I find it does explain how powercreep can be a financial choice, but also how it can creep up on a developer who then has to deal with it to keep the game going.

In other words, sometimes its just a part of the natural progression of an expanding game.

Edited by TJ72, 15 February 2018 - 04:41 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #2 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22780 battles

In a lot of games the meta is shifted towards new content,

take LoL for example, new champions always tend to push older ones into the darkness,

and in a lot of games you will notice a form of powercreep, like newer guns making older ons obsolete in a lot of FPS games, 

might have been intentional or accidental, we can't really be sure. Sometimes is the one, some times the other, or some times a little of both. 

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37396 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 15 February 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

In a lot of games the meta is shifted towards new content,

take LoL for example, new champions always tend to push older ones into the darkness,

and in a lot of games you will notice a form of powercreep, like newer guns making older ons obsolete in a lot of FPS games,

might have been intentional or accidental, we can't really be sure. Sometimes is the one, some times the other, or some times a little of both.

in this case, I suspect it may be a little of both.

The game is constantly expanding & evolving and part of that change sometimes leads to old classes being consigned to the history books.

Yaccay #4 Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32000 battles

Why should you buy a new and better premium tank? Soon WG will create an even a better tank.

Your investment was wasted.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27555 battles
Why should you offer up a premium tank that's no better in any way than the current ones? Nobody will buy it. That's wasted investment.

jabster #6 Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
I’m just wondering whether there’s a thing called moaning creep.

Tr0gledyte #7 Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18596 battles

In WoT, powercreep is earning them lots of money. They won't care until the RU/EU playerbase starts declining significantly. And even then they still might not care.

I myself have made the decision to pay as little as possible. I'm no longer buying any premium tanks and I don't buy premium time (except for some very rare occasions when I intend to grind for a long time). I have enough premium tanks in reserve to earn credits and really the only reason I buy gold sometimes is to demount equipment or retrain skilled crews. I used to spend, on average, like 30-40 euro per month on this silly game, now I spend less than 5.

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 16 February 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Why should you offer up a premium tank that's no better in any way than the current ones? Nobody will buy it. That's wasted investment.

I actually kinda like what they did with the ELC EVEN 90. It has crap stats but it's "different" and people bought it because of that. I wonder how the Italian tanks will turn out. Sadly the first Italian tank is an expensive tier 8 premium instead of a tier 6 which means I definitely won't be buying it.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 16 February 2018 - 07:50 PM.

Tinbawx #8 Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14747 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 16 February 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Yeah because people didn´t buy premium tanks before WG started powercreeping them......

Now that we´ve seen what abominations WG is willing to release to make a quick buck, ofc people wait for a more OP one if WG release a balanced premium. But that´s a problem of WGs own making.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users