Is WOT broken?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Prosigoj #1 Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7216 battles
  • [DUSTY] DUSTY

When I ask this question I am not thinking only of matchmaking, that's why I opened separate thread. Lately probably something like 80% of all games I played were 15:2 or 2:15.

That's kinda weird. It could be crappy mm but what I noticed are glitches even when I do not have lag, actually for the most of the time ping is fine. Symptoms are exactly as when lag is high but there is no any.

I've noticed that other players are commenting "wtf" and similar comments in chat.

There is also problem with spotting mechanism, my friend had exactly same experience. I get spotting points for something that happened on the other side of map, however I do not get any when I actually spot.

Gameplay became so frustrating that I deleted game. I am making one month break. Will see if anything changes when I come back.

OreH75 #2 Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47901 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View PostProsigoj, on 15 February 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

There is also problem with spotting mechanism, my friend had exactly same experience. I get spotting points for something that happened on the other side of map, however I do not get any when I actually spot.

Gameplay became so frustrating that I deleted game. I am making one month break. Will see if anything changes when I come back.

Nothing wrong with spotting, you probably dont understand it...

EltvilleTiger #3 Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21213 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Seems okay to me... although it did take them a while to fix the chat.  Maybe the game is just broken for you?  I don't know.  I do know that certain times of the day yield more inexperienced players (worse teams).   I haven't seen the 15-2 or 2-15 that you are speaking of but they do happen.  

What are you expecting to change in a single month?  Let's be realistic.  Neither you nor the game will change that much in a single month.  

Noo_Noo #4 Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21651 battles

Is the game broken? probably No but there are broken elements within the game - Arty, Type 5 heavy etc. 

Shite happens, that's just the way it is sometimes. I've recently started a new tank and been performing at Sub bot level. Crap happens, Even when I started to get my act together the results still weren't coming and my WR on that tank still stinks. It will get better slowly though, I hope. 

Edited by Noo_Noo, 15 February 2018 - 09:24 PM.

Hedgehog1963 #5 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51287 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

Game is broken says player with 4k battles.

Prosigoj #6 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7216 battles
  • [DUSTY] DUSTY

Block Quote

Game is broken says player with 4k battles.

Block Quote

Nothing wrong with spotting, you probably dont understand it...

These two comments are testimony how shitty WOT community is.

Edited by Prosigoj, 15 February 2018 - 09:28 PM.

OreH75 #7 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47901 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View PostProsigoj, on 15 February 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

Why, because I didnt say "you are right, wot is broken"?

Upload replay to wotreplays.eu and show us what you think happened....

Edited by OreH75, 15 February 2018 - 09:33 PM.

Prosigoj #8 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7216 battles
  • [DUSTY] DUSTY

View PostNoo_Noo, on 15 February 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

Is the game broken? probably No but there are broken elements within the game - Arty, Type 5 heavy etc. 

Shite happens, that's just the way it is sometimes. I've recently started a new tank and been performing at Sub bot level. Crap happens, Even when I started to get my act together the results still weren't coming and my WR on that tank still stinks. It will get better slowly though, I hope. 

Most of the tanks I play got 6th sense and crew 100%. I didn't play for more than a year and started again in November last year. Didn't notice anything of mentioned above until few weeks ago.

Prosigoj #9 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7216 battles
  • [DUSTY] DUSTY

View PostEltvilleTiger, on 15 February 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

Seems okay to me... although it did take them a while to fix the chat.  Maybe the game is just broken for you?  I don't know.  I do know that certain times of the day yield more inexperienced players (worse teams).   I haven't seen the 15-2 or 2-15 that you are speaking of but they do happen.  

Same thing happened to my friend, he is still playing tho.

Block Quote

What are you expecting to change in a single month?  Let's be realistic.  Neither you nor the game will change that much in a single month.  

I am awaiting that big patch they announced. Isn't that in March?

Edited by Prosigoj, 15 February 2018 - 09:39 PM.

Prosigoj #10 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7216 battles
  • [DUSTY] DUSTY

View PostOreH75, on 15 February 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

Why, because I didnt say "you are right, wot is broken"?

Upload replay to wotreplays.eu and show us what you think happened....

Because you are crapposting and didn't address anything I mentioned above. I have no replays cause game is fully deleted.

I clearly wrote that my friend had same problem, that's why he stopped playing scouts.

Here is example, I am camping near base with TD on big map such as arctic circle and I get spotting points for enemy arty on other side of the map I didn't even see. On the other hand I didn't get any when I actually did spot enemy.

Edited by Prosigoj, 15 February 2018 - 09:46 PM.

OreH75 #11 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47901 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View PostProsigoj, on 15 February 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

Because you are crapposting and didn't address anything I mentioned above. I have no replays cause game is fully deleted.

I clearly wrote that my friend had same problem, that's why he stopped playing scouts.

Here is example, I am camping near base with TD on big map such as arctic circle and I get spotting points for enemy arty on other side of the map I didn't even see. On the other hand I didn't get any when I actually did spot enemy.

I adressed the spotting you brought up? The part about steamroll might be true but they have happened always. The glitching you talk about is hard to judge because it sounds more like a feeling..

And a textual desciption can never completely explain what happend, maybe your friend has replay?

Noo_Noo #12 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21651 battles

View PostProsigoj, on 15 February 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

Most of the tanks I play got 6th sense and crew 100%. I didn't play for more than a year and started again in November last year. Didn't notice anything of mentioned above until few weeks ago.

It doesn't matter. Sometimes games, RNG, MM and whatever just all go against you. It happens. Good players find a way through. I'm average at best, not good.

Dundato #13 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26318 battles
Replay

wsatnutter #14 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24960 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
the Op thinks he has a god given right to win ffs

Edited by wsatnutter, 15 February 2018 - 11:03 PM.

DracheimFlug #15 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostProsigoj, on 15 February 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

Spotting points come from others doing damage to tanks you are spotting, not simply for spotting them. That might have been your friend's problem scouting. When scouting it does not help if your team are not in position to hit what you light. That includes your arty by the way. The target might be lit but still behind cover based on where your arty is. Or your arty might simply have other targets it considers more important.

Without knowing which map and what tank you were driving it is really difficult for anyone to comment on your complaint. Where exactly 'near base' were you camping? And which base, NW or SE? This would be a lot easier if you had replays to show.

Jigabachi #16 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17935 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostProsigoj, on 15 February 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

Sooo... the community is bad because people dare to disagree with you? Grow up...

You are still a new player and only saw a fraction of the content so far, so making bold claims about the game is a bit naive. Same with making claims about gamemechanics you don't seem to understand.

And yes, I'd love to see a replay that shows those spotting issues.

reight #17 Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 29761 battles

i have had these problems and it is costing me wn8 , but i play for fun , however there have been times when it seems lag is high or porting of the tanks appears to happen , im wondering if it is perhaps a weather related issue , we have had many snow storms ect throughout Europe , it could be something as sill as snow on the lines or indeed frost of said lines , however there is a high influx of children playing at certain times during the day , you enter a platoon to hear a small child screaming in russian and you know then oops not a good battle to be in :)

VsUK #18 Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
The game broke the moment they introduced Russian tanks that are artificially set to be superior to other tanks. You cant do anything with their turrets, yet they can remain camped behind cover with just their turrets exposed & shoot without worry of being significantly damaged. WG are completely & utterly obsessed with Russian tanks & you only have to check out the stats of players with the new Russian tanks & see a spike in performances playing those tanks. The Tier 9s should be tier 10 with the way they perform.

Completely & utterly destroyed the balance of the game & if they introduce Premium Tier 10 tanks. Well, I can see many people just quitting. 

Edited by VsUK, 19 February 2018 - 01:15 PM.

Shivva #19 Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29800 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View Postreight, on 17 February 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

i have had these problems and it is costing me wn8 , but i play for fun , however there have been times when it seems lag is high or porting of the tanks appears to happen , im wondering if it is perhaps a weather related issue , we have had many snow storms ect throughout Europe , it could be something as sill as snow on the lines or indeed frost of said lines , however there is a high influx of children playing at certain times during the day , you enter a platoon to hear a small child screaming in russian and you know then oops not a good battle to be in :)

It could also be witchcraft but it's not. It's simply you not understanding the game mechanics. Post up a replay as someone asked for earlier and whatever you think happened and folks will help you by explaining what really happened and how. This isn't me having a go it's really the best thing you can do so that folks can explain what's going on to you.

Homer_J #20 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postreight, on 17 February 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

you enter a platoon to hear a small child screaming in russian

And that's why you don't enable voice chat.  It's the same with any online game.  

i have had these problems and it is costing me wn8

WN8 has no monetary worth.  It also doesn't get you anywhere with the girls and does not get you a promotion at work.  All in all I would say it was pretty useless.

If, as you say you "play for fun" then I suggest you forget about WN8.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users