Jump to content


Be-HE-moth Challenge


  • Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

RamRaid90 #1 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:24 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21412 battles
  • 6,465
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

This saturday evening I was thinking of giving myself a break from the stress of random battles and running a training room event (with prizes of course)

 

I will be playing the Type 4 heavy.

 

Hopefully some people may be interested and we could have a little bit of fun.

 

Behemoth Challenge.

 

Objective :-

  • To destroy the Behemoth tank (Type 4 Heavy) before it completes its lap of the map.

 

Rules for challengers :-

  • Tier VI or lower vehicles only to be used
  • Only HE shells to be loaded
  • No guns above 122mm caliber
  • No derp guns
  • Autoaim only.
  • REPLAYS WILL BE REQUIRED FROM THE WINNERS TO CONFIRM.

 

Rules for Behemoth :-

  • Only standard HE shells to be used.
  • The behemoth must have full auto-drive engaged at all times.

 

 

The Behemoth will take the highlighted route around the map, completing a full lap before resting back in its cap circle.

 

The challenge will begin (after a countdown) when all challenging tanks have relocated to the blue dot on the top of the hill.

 

The challengers must then attempt to destroy the Type 4 Heavy before it completes it's lap whilst avoiding being destroyed themselves.

 

A prize of 1,000 gold will be awarded (by myself) to the player who deals the most damage to the type 4 heavy, a secondary prize of 500 gold will be awarded to the player who manages to destroy the behemoth. There will be an additional prize of a low tier premium tank (provided courtesy of Element6_TheSprout) for the most spectacular death of the round.

 

 

If anyone is interested please let me know on here, or PM in game and I will send invites to all participants on Saturday evening @ 22:00 GMT.

 

IMPORTANT EDIT:

 

I will create a chat channel Saturday evening, anyone wishing to join the event is asked to join the chat channel "BehemothEvent" at around 21:30 GMT saturday evening.

 


Edited by RamRaid90, 16 February 2018 - 07:40 PM.


Jumping_TurtIe #2 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6237 battles
  • 948
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2015
That will be fun!

_Sensation_ #3 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7182 battles
  • 582
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017
Looks nice :)

SuedKAT #4 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:30 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,474
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

Type 4 HT climbing the hill :P

 

Sounds like fun, but can't participate sadly, but if I could I guess the KV-85 and the 122 mm would be the best for this, decent mobility, highest possible caliber, and a turret.



gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:31 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11029 battles
  • 1,997
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014
Nice initiative. Don't have time personally but seems like a fun challenge

Jumping_TurtIe #6 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6237 battles
  • 948
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2015

View PostSuedKAT, on 15 February 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

T

Sounds like fun, but can't participate sadly, but if I could I guess the KV-85 and the 122 mm would be the best for this, decent mobility, highest possible caliber, and a turret.

 

Wouldnt those fall under the 'No derp guns' rule ?

 

Is the Pz IV H allowed ?



Desyatnik_Pansy #7 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:33 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 16405 battles
  • 25,847
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostSuedKAT, on 15 February 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Type 4 HT climbing the hill :P

 

Sounds like fun, but can't participate sadly, but if I could I guess the KV-85 and the 122 mm would be the best for this, decent mobility, highest possible caliber, and a turret.

 

I think the 100mm in that case would actually be better purely for the increased rate of fire. Which brings up a point (not that I'll join or anything).

 

Tracking. How do you feel about that. Very easily your Type could simply be tracked and kept in place for easy farming at the start, even if it takes about ten decades and a boatload of ammunition.



RamRaid90 #8 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:39 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21412 battles
  • 6,465
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 15 February 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

 

I think the 100mm in that case would actually be better purely for the increased rate of fire. Which brings up a point (not that I'll join or anything).

 

Tracking. How do you feel about that. Very easily your Type could simply be tracked and kept in place for easy farming at the start, even if it takes about ten decades and a boatload of ammunition.

 

Rules amended :)

 

Getting reliable tracking shots while autoaimed will be difficult :P


Edited by RamRaid90, 15 February 2018 - 09:39 PM.


SuedKAT #9 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:41 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,474
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 15 February 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

 

Wouldnt those fall under the 'No derp guns' rule ?

 

Is the Pz IV H allowed ?

 

Well the 122 mm on the KV-85 is derpy, but is it a "derp gun" I don't think so, but it's more down to what RR thinks.

 

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 15 February 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

 

I think the 100mm in that case would actually be better purely for the increased rate of fire. 

True, but with just HE shells would the 100 mm be that good? 



RamRaid90 #10 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:42 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21412 battles
  • 6,465
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 15 February 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

 

Wouldnt those fall under the 'No derp guns' rule ?

 

Is the Pz IV H allowed ?

 

122mm on the KV-85 wouldnot beclassed as a derp. So will be allowed.

 

PZ IV H would be allowed without everyones favourite DERP cannon.

 

To clear up the rules. A Derp is classed asany gun which commonly has HE shells as it's standard ammunition.


Edited by RamRaid90, 15 February 2018 - 09:47 PM.


Dava_117 #11 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:43 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19424 battles
  • 3,284
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 15 February 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

 

I think the 100mm in that case would actually be better purely for the increased rate of fire. Which brings up a point (not that I'll join or anything).

 

Tracking. How do you feel about that. Very easily your Type could simply be tracked and kept in place for easy farming at the start, even if it takes about ten decades and a boatload of ammunition.

 

Then the 107 on T-150 or KV-2 may be better due to the higher alpha that allows pen on the sides even with some lowroll...

RamRaid90 #12 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21412 battles
  • 6,465
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostDava_117, on 15 February 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

 

Then the 107 on T-150 or KV-2 may be better due to the higher alpha that allows pen on the sides even with some lowroll...

 

Only HE  shells can be loaded, penetration will not be likely.

Desyatnik_Pansy #13 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 16405 battles
  • 25,847
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostSuedKAT, on 15 February 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

True, but with just HE shells would the 100 mm be that good? 

 

Neither HE Will be particularly high damaging (100mm has 50mm pen, 122mm has 61mm pen. I'm not even sure if either will really damage the sides of the vehicle more than 50 Damage at most), and using Vents+Rammer (with 100% Crew of course, not adding anything else) tanks.gg lists the 100mm reload at 6.41 Compared to 19.18 On the 122mm. It may not do as much damage, but pumping out damage quicker will matter significantly more IMHO.


Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 15 February 2018 - 09:47 PM.


SuedKAT #14 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:49 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,474
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 15 February 2018 - 09:46 PM, said:

 

Neither HE Will be particularly high damaging (100mm has 50mm pen, 122mm has 61mm pen. I'm not even sure if either will really damage the sides of the vehicle more than 50 Damage at most), and using Vents+Rammer (with 100% Crew of course, not adding anything else) tanks.gg lists the 100mm reload at 6.41 Compared to 19.18 On the 122mm. It may not do as much damage, but pumping out damage quicker will matter significantly more IMHO.

 

Ahh true, wasn't even aware that it was such a difference between the two, sold my own when it turned into the KV-85 (or rather after a few matches when I couldn't stand the gun depression) and I can't say I see many using the 122 mm either.

Jumping_TurtIe #15 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6237 battles
  • 948
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2015

View PostRamRaid90, on 15 February 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

 

PZ IV H would be allowed without everyones favourite DERP cannon.

 

Crapochino, have to look for another one ...



Desyatnik_Pansy #16 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 16405 battles
  • 25,847
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostSuedKAT, on 15 February 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

Ahh true, wasn't even aware that it was such a difference between the two, sold my own when it turned into the KV-85 (or rather after a few matches when I couldn't stand the gun depression) and I can't say I see many using the 122 mm either.

 

I haven't played it either. Heck I stopped playing the 1S Long before the change because that's when I realised I was a scrub, and I never even used the 122mm on that either (though I did research the IS, so I played it quite a bit). I never Aced it and being that I've hit that point in playing where I'm buying back old tanks purely to Ace them (or 1st Class, I'm not masochistic enough to chase the Ace on a tank that will both take forever and I'll hate playing, such as the Tier II Arties I bought back last night and two Tier Is), I'll have to buy it back. I was considering the 122mm for meme potential, but that reload alone reaaaaally suggests I don't. :teethhappy:



Dava_117 #17 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19424 battles
  • 3,284
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostRamRaid90, on 15 February 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

 

Only HE  shells can be loaded, penetration will not be likely.

 

Yes, I readed it. I mean blast damage. The 100mm HE deal 330 alpha so a low roll may cause to not deal damage on 140mm armour. 107 have similar DPM but 360 alpha, so less chance of bouncing. But if 122 gun is allowded, that may be even better!

Jumping_TurtIe #18 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6237 battles
  • 948
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2015

View PostRamRaid90, on 15 February 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

Getting reliable tracking shots while autoaimed will be difficult :P

 

Better add to the rules that everyone has to enable replays so you can check this autoaim when needed.

RamRaid90 #19 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21412 battles
  • 6,465
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 15 February 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

 

Better add to the rules that everyone has to enable replays so you can check this autoaim when needed.

 

Do replays work in training room?

Desyatnik_Pansy #20 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 16405 battles
  • 25,847
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostRamRaid90, on 15 February 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

Do replays work in training room?

 

Yes.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users