Pz II G how to play?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

iuytr #1 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10966 battles
18 sec reload, must be worst DPM in the game. And the gun is inaccurate so can't snipe. But the tank isn't fast enough to drive in, shoot, and escape! Basically I can't find any way to play this tank :facepalm:

ederfe #2 Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16776 battles
Use 2cm flak 38.

Edited by ederfe, 16 February 2018 - 08:53 AM.

Thejagdpanther #3 Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36302 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

It's an adorable tank that was the bane of unaware tier 5

The 3cm mk103 it's for me the only gun choice. 95mm pen at tier 3 its doomsday for any vehicle. NO SNIPE!!!!! It's useless. 0.50 dispersion

If you can manage the reload and the slow movement it's a fun tank.

Peek-a-boo and unload the full drum without even release the mouse button > create havoc.

ederfe #4 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16776 battles

View PostThejagdpanther, on 16 February 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

It's an adorable tank that was the bane of unaware tier 5

The 3cm mk103 it's for me the only gun choice. 95mm pen at tier 3 its doomsday for any vehicle. NO SNIPE!!!!! It's useless. 0.50 dispersion

If you can manage the reload and the slow movement it's a fun tank.

Peek-a-boo and unload the full drum without even release the mouse button > create havoc.

Yeah. But if you are just grinding through the 2cm flak 38 might be more consistent. 95 pen is hardly of any use against max tier 3 opponents other than lolpenning the odd Pz 2j. Tier 2 is too fast paced for a 15s reload. You get to fire one clip and an army of Pz 2's and M2lights kill you while reloading.

edit: read what I wrote and facepalmed. Brainfarted Pz2g as a tier 2.. Nevertheless i feel the 2cm flak38 is a viable option.

Edited by ederfe, 07 March 2018 - 11:45 AM.

Thejagdpanther #5 Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36302 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

Ah well yes... for the love of the grind, yes.

The 3cm was the final solution when the mm was fked up and i was always bottom with the pz1c (that I sold for buying the pzIIg).

Then tier 3 start to go only vs tier 4 max (as i can see) and the 3cm + the pzIIg, bane of the tier 5, become pretty irrilevant.

Orkbert #6 Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27345 battles

Don't go alone, try to accompany others and support them. (I know that isn't easy in the usual randoms but it's the best thing you can hope for)

If possible have some cover nearby to hide for reloading.

Don't rush early into enemies (except maybe when platooning, more to that further below) a good first engagement distance is 150~200 meters. Don't simply hold down the mouse key, allow your aim circle to shrink a bit between each double shot (if possible)

That way you will strike two or three damaging hits and at that distance they can't get close enough to you before you reload (behind the nearby cover you have kept handy)

At 200~300 meters you can attempt for some limited sniping. Again don't shoot the entire clip, just let your aim circle settle down and fire only the first part of the clip (two bullets) and then hit 'c' for reload (or whatever key you bound it to), even though your clip isn't empty yet (with distances that long you got no trouble reloading)

If the enemy gets too close and the random teammates you chose to accompany are no good then move. Movemovemove! Granted, you are not as fast as an I C but still decent enough to dodge at least some shells coming at you.

And like with all clip using tanks: don't forget that while reloading you can still ram that pesky enemy that got too close.

As for platooning I noticed that the II G does quite well with a couple of I C (or an I C and a BT-7art. and probably there are other combinations out there as well)

You will lag a bit behind them but that's what you actually want: the I Cs do their usual trolling/YOLO and if the enemy is weak your II G won't see much action, but every tank the I C has trouble with (S35, AMX 38, everything with 35+mm armor) will in return bear the full brunt of your little 3cm MK. And due to you having lagged a bit behind you will get spotted later, so you have a bit more leisure to aim properly.

That much said, Thejagdpanther is correct that the II G lost much of its fun and glory when they decided to limit the MM for all tier III tanks.

iuytr #7 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10966 battles

Thanks for the input. I'm not actually just trying to grind through, crazy though that might sound! I have gone as far as I want, up to tier 7, but the higher tiers is not as much fun as the lower tiers for me. So I am going back and playing the tanks I skipped through before.

This thing is so bad :D

krollspell #8 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16828 battles
It is a bit of a tough nut to crack. I went with the 3cm as a runner up to the Luchs/Leo but it does lack the speed to do actual aggressive scouting. Also, you need a decent crew (at least BIA) and eq to make it work (same as with Luchs and Leo). As others stated I quite quickly understood that I need to be very cautious as the fast autos are the bane of this little bugger. Stay around your allies, never walk of alone, and you should be OK. I actually found the tank quite fun after awhile (even though I believe my stats would have been better with the 2cm).

Blackcurrant_Juice #9 Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1478 battles
One of the best tanks at Tier 3.  This tank teaches patience AND positioning which is what makes a good WoT player.  I use the 30mm for maximum lols

Brodie_ #10 Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 84095 battles

It is quite a good tank, though it is slightly awkward.
I'm used to high tier auto-loaders & the Luchs, so When I decided to give it a try the other year I did very well in it.
Though the Pz IIG is not a keeper. (The Luchs is one of the best keepers in the game, bar none!)

With auto-loaders like this, you need to plan ahead before engaging the enemy!
Once you go in & go ratatatatatatatat!
You need an exit strategy while you reload.

Having allies, to quickly run back behind, is a good tactic when in close quarters.
So keep aware of you allies health & positions.

The auto-loader on that tank (which is definitely the gun to use) can snipe reasonably well providing the enemy are in range!
But when doing so!
Fully aim the 1st double tap, then allow the aim circle to aim as much as you can before double tapping again!

Obviously, you sometimes do not have the time to do that!
But if you can fully aim the 1st shot, you will do a lot better.

Good luck!

P.S. Do not sell the Luchs, when you get it! Dedicate a crew to it, & once they get full cammo & BIA on them.
It will be one of those go to tanks when everything else does not work!

Always remember, that no tank really works at it's best till you get BIA on the crew, sixth sense upon the commander & snap shot upon the gunner!

Edited by Brodie_, 14 March 2018 - 10:28 PM.

GrambiczeQ #11 Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12493 battles
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F
i love this tank, when in squad with another pzIIg its absolute marvel, i played it in times when it was possible to go against tier VII when your squadmate chose scout of tier 7, haha i loved the feeling of killling TIger with this small marvel .D

iuytr #12 Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10966 battles
Just cannot adapt my style to the long reload times. It is the same with the Luchs - I actually prefer the 5cm with that.

Edited by iuytr, 29 May 2018 - 05:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users