• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:10 AM

Major

• Player
  • 16025 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

http://wotreplays.eu...litter1-type_64

The replay story short, during this battle, I came accross an overturned vehicle. A T67, or Pigeon, as I like to call it.

The slow turret traverse and then narrow gun arc caused by axis inversion made him a less attractive target and, despite being an easy kill from a capable vehicle, not a worthy opponent, as there was no possibility of fighting in equal terms.

I didn't lose much time with him and accepted the possibility he could cost me the game later on, as the replay shows.

Instead, went for other targets and, after some time dealing with spots, his comrades got him back on tracks, literally.

Now, he is not covered by such convention of mine and should be dealt with. As he managed to write off one of my friends. I accepted this loss was on me but I nonetheless respected the enemy and found him worthy of his feat.

But Karma did not forgive him. And neither did I:

Put him in his sights and rushed him and killed him, the SPG and put a few shots in the last vehicle.

GG

WWII Reference

OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:19 AM

Major

• Player
  • 24567 battles

As a bit of a scrub, I have to admire everything about your gameplay.

Apart from that one 'thing'.

In Heaven's name, why..!..?

Extra damage/exp for you, one less gun on the enemy team, one less spotter for the enemy team. Proof that a live enemy can be righted by a team mate, to put another gun back on the team..

..there is no good reason to NOT kill him.

Honour code and chivalry be blown, it's World of Tanks, kill the basta..., enemy at every opportunity.

Then laugh at him. :)

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49744 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075968/

Enjoy the flick! :)

Browarszky #4 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
Sadly, honor code and chivalry was on it's last legs during the hot summer of 1914.. and I'm sure you can guess what happened next, come August..

Edited by Browarszky, 16 February 2018 - 12:15 PM.

iztok #5 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

> Honour Code and Chivalry

You play by this. Your opponent fights without. Who has better chance to win? :sceptic:

Edited by iztok, 16 February 2018 - 12:27 PM.

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22305 battles

Stupid, simple as that. Nothing to do with honor or chivalry. It's just a game and the object is to win. Refer to another war quote that makes more sense "If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck". You say this hapless enemy was later turned back on his tracks and went on to kill your teammate and this was a loss you accepted. Well did you teammate accept it? would YOU have accepted it in the other shoes? 

The aim of the game is to win and to do so we work positions in which you can defeat your opponent with as little risk to ourselves as possible. He made a mistake, gifted you an easy kill but was still and enemy to be dispatched in any case and should always be treated as such. If that was the reason you lost, you'd never doubt not doing it again

Edited by TungstenHitman, 16 February 2018 - 12:43 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49744 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostBrowarszky, on 16 February 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

Sadly, honor code and chivalry was on it's last legs during the hot summer of 1914.. and I'm sure you can guess what happened next, come August..

My definition of this moment in history is at 25 October 1415, that's when chivalry had its behind handed to it by a bunch of illiterate oafs.

Dr_ownape #8 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 43512 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I liked it when the OP was away

Lohend #9 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44075 battles
Maybe consider renaming the topic:

- "How to lose your team a battle..."
- "This week with stupid"
- "Red Baron code and idiocy"
:trollface:

15JG52Brauer #10 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75293 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 16 February 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

My definition of this moment in history is at 25 October 1415, that's when chivalry had its behind handed to it by a bunch of illiterate oafs.

Up the arrows ;-)    Getting away from Agincourt etc, I think it was Patton who said something along the lines of  "if you are giving the enemy a fair fight, you are doing it wrong" - And of course if WWII had been a game of WOT it would have ended with the Emperor of Japan calling the President of the USA an "Atomic Noob!!"  - with that in mind if I see an enemy on his side I do the Honourable thing and put him out of his misery ASAP - often with an HE shell to his exposed underbelly ;-). I can't fault the OP for having his principles, but there is no shame in putting a fallen foe out of the game at the earliest opportunity - it's what Patton would have done !!!

iztok #11 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles
Hi!

View Post15JG52Brauer, on 16 February 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

... there is no shame in putting a fallen foe out of the game at the earliest opportunity ...

But sometimes one needs to prioritize who to fight: an out-of-battle flipped tank or an active one, that's destroying your team-mates. I usually prefer the active one. ;)

Edited by iztok, 16 February 2018 - 01:04 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #12 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49744 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View Post15JG52Brauer, on 16 February 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

Up the arrows ;-)    Getting away from Agincourt etc, I think it was Patton who said something along the lines of  "if you are giving the enemy a fair fight, you are doing it wrong" - And of course if WWII had been a game of WOT it would have ended with the Emperor of Japan calling the President of the USA an "Atomic Noob!!"  - with that in mind if I see an enemy on his side I do the Honourable thing and put him out of his misery ASAP - often with an HE shell to his exposed underbelly ;-). I can't fault the OP for having his principles, but there is no shame in putting a fallen foe out of the game at the earliest opportunity - it's what Patton would have done !!!

You know that there was a wing inside the American administration that called for a demonstration only of the bomb. The Americans would tell the Japanese when and where it'll happen (in an unpopulated area of course) so they can rethink surrender but the wing that won the president's vote had a plan for dropping 18 bombs all over the major Japanese cities and key targets. There is "not chivalry" and there is this!

Edweird #13 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9687 battles

Don't you know "the age of chivarly is dead" as they keep saying in film and T.V and yes I'm a seal clubbing noob, with no morals whatsoever, if I see an upsidedowner I usually try something inventive such as ramming, or pushing them into water or off cliffs.

I will never forget once ramming head on and flipping an amx 13-90 upside down in my wz131 and leaving him in my whilst our team pootled around the map, their was some chivalry from my team, in that my team mates didn't shoot him,instead they all congratulated me on this crazy fluke, but we left him there for a few minutes before I finished him off. I have a thing about amx13-90's i really , really hate them they are my nemesis and to anyone that drives one I hate you too :playing:

same with the Skorp G if i see one i will always make it a priority to kill first as i hate that thing so much...Also skorp G drivers I hate you too....

Edited by discontinued, 16 February 2018 - 01:24 PM.

15JG52Brauer #14 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75293 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
To be honest I didn't mean to start a debate about the morality of Americas actions in WWII as that is not really relevant  (FYI I don't really like the use of the A bomb on cities first either, but I wasn't the person having to consider how many lives would be lost in an Invasion of Japan(on both sides), or indeed whether they would be cowed down by a demonstration, given the code of honour they had etc) just the idea that if they had been wot players that after the battle the one who had chosen to use the superior weapon would get a message from the loser, calling him a noob -  I just find it had to see how this game and chivalry can go hand in had when you think about how the general population of the server acts half the time. If you outplay them  it's "report... cheater!!" if you try to use vision or bush mechanics it's "unfair plane... he kemp booosh!!" - And yes I understand that killing the more pressing threat should be priority - but not for any chivalrous reason, but to deal with your biggest threat first - but if you then have a chance to take a gun out of the game, do it - no one will thank you for leaving him alive, especially not the enemy.

Browarszky #15 Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
The problem with choosing the lesser of two weevils is that it is still, be definition, weevil. So you are end up being bothered each way.

ZlatanArKung #16 Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
I play very chivalrous.
For example, I only shoot enemies aiming at me, and never engage enemies which are engaged in fights with my team mates.

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 16 February 2018 - 02:04 PM.

Azgabast #17 Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18752 battles
You be yourself mate, if what you did makes you happy, go for it. It's a game so you can do whatever you want. I don't usually help an enemy but I do help my teammates if they're on the side, quite often so.

InfrequentHazard #18 Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28270 battles
I came across an enemy on his side once, I didn't kill him as he made much better cover alive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users