Gameplay modifications: Add your own

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

UserZer00 #1 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10207 battles

Recommended game modifications based on forum posts (for fun).

If you want to take these seriously it's entirely your responsibility

Communications:

1. Chat feature automatically disables any message with incorrect spelling or grammar
    (Language selection required in game settings so that corrections for that language can be applied)
  2. Chat feature automatically disables any message including the word “noob”, “cancer” or any possible “leet” spelling of the two.  New words can be added to the filter as people get creative with alternatives.
  3. Limit map pings to once every 10 seconds maximum

Game interface:

1. Minimap activated at all times.
    Size default adjusted to maximum (with the maximum being adjusted for the configured resolution).
  2. Configure various levels of autoaim based on a complicated analysis of in game performance
    (Adjusted every X number of  games)
    1. Player shows amazing skill at aiming = autoaim not available
      (They don’t need it anyway)
    2. Player shows average skill at aiming = standard autoaim available
    3. Player shows below average skill at aiming = autoaim + type aiming is available
    4. Player performs worse than a bot = autoaim+ with autoaim at weakspots is available
    5. Player shows amazing skill at driving = no change
    6. Player occasionally drives off the sides of cliffs, into obstacles, etc = auto “flip” feature added to return the player to the upright position in case of error
    7. Player drives like blind monkey = Mario Kart style feature which occasionally returns the tank into the combat area if it wanders too far

Statistics:

1. Availability of statistics to XVM (to reduce the possibility of XVM focus)
    1. Player shows amazing skills during gameplay = stats hidden from XVM during gameplay
    2. Player shows above to below average skills during gamplay = XVM info available during gameplay
    3. Player performs at or around bot level = stats hidden from XVM during gameplay

Dava_117 #2 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20306 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostUserZer00, on 16 February 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

Recommended game modifications based on forum posts (for fun).

Communications:

1. Chat feature automatically disables any message with incorrect spelling or grammar
    (Language selection required in game settings so that corrections for that language can be applied)
  2. Chat feature automatically disables any message including the word “noob”, “cancer” or any possible “leet” spelling of the two.  New words can be added to the filter as people get creative with alternatives.
  3. Limit map pings to once every 10 seconds maximum

Game interface:

1. Minimap activated at all times.
    Size default adjusted to maximum (with the maximum being adjusted for the configured resolution).
  2. Configure various levels of autoaim based on a complicated analysis of in game performance
    (Adjusted every X number of  games)
    1. Player shows amazing skill at aiming = autoaim not available
      (They don’t need it anyway)
    2. Player shows average skill at aiming = standard autoaim available
    3. Player shows below average skill at aiming = autoaim + type aiming is available
    4. Player performs worse than a bot = autoaim+ with autoaim at weakspots is available
    5. Player shows amazing skill at driving = no change
    6. Player occasionally drives off the sides of cliffs, into obstacles, etc = auto “flip” feature added to return the player to the upright position in case of error
    7. Player drives like blind monkey = Mario Kart style feature which occasionally returns the tank into the combat area if it wanders too far

Statistics:

1. Availability of statistics to XVM (to reduce the possibility of XVM focus)
    1. Player shows amazing skills during gameplay = stats hidden from XVM during gameplay
    2. Player shows above to below average skills during gamplay = XVM info available during gameplay
    3. Player performs at or around bot level = stats hidden from XVM during gameplay

Can see lot's of way to exploit those mods. Look at the driving skill. If I drive around like a monky for a while, I can then ram a tank pushing it down a cliff and have the cance to get recovered if I miss or have the chance to be recovered if I get pushed down a cliff.

In addition you're also reducing the skill advantage, as if WG wasn't already doing it enought...

unhappy_bunny #3 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18593 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostUserZer00, on 16 February 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

Luckily I read this line before I decided to reply.

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 16 February 2018 - 01:05 PM.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Gameplay:
If someone shoots me, his tank explodes.

jabster #5 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDava_117, on 16 February 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

Can see lot's of way to exploit those mods. Look at the driving skill. If I drive around like a monky for a while, I can then ram a tank pushing it down a cliff and have the cance to get recovered if I miss or have the chance to be recovered if I get pushed down a cliff.

In addition you're also reducing the skill advantage, as if WG wasn't already doing it enought...

Now you’re just waiting for someone to refer to Communications, point 1 aren’t you?

Dava_117 #6 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:20 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20306 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 16 February 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Now you’re just waiting for someone to refer to Communications, point 1 aren’t you?

sure, that's not my field... :hiding:

UserZer00 #7 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10207 battles

View PostDava_117, on 16 February 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

But everyone already knows that WG introduce gold ammo to eliminate skill. (According to information easily available in numerous posts)

The suggested rules just complete the process they've already started. 

ThebaldEagle #8 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 766 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 16 February 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

Gameplay:

So a karma feature haha

UserZer00 #9 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10207 battles

Gameplay:

We'd have to adjust that based on player skill level, but it seems reasonable.

Bot players hitting a skilled players tank cause auto ammo rack explosion.

Skilled players hitting a bot players tank would receive double the damage in return.  In addition they'd be tracked, ammo racked,  the commander would be wounded and any arty shell fired for the next 10s would automatically land near the skilled player tank.

Good enough?

undutchable80 #10 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8267 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The uglier the non-historical camo scheme: +25% RNG to enemy trying to shoot you. I.e. you are too ugly to die.

Superheavies camping in the rear get their "W" key automatically activated after 10secs of inactivity (including rocking back and forth). Duration of W key activation: 30seconds. S key disabled for that duration.

Arty focus fire: If 2 or more arty in game; 1 arty can 'take over' the other one / two. Where that arty shoots, all shots land simultaneously. Limitation: once per battle. Penatly: All participating arty are immediately 'spotted' for 30 secs.

:trollface::popcorn:

UserZer00 #11 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10207 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 16 February 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

The uglier the non-historical camo scheme: +25% RNG to enemy trying to shoot you. I.e. you are too ugly to die.

Superheavies camping in the rear get their "W" key automatically activated after 10secs of inactivity (including rocking back and forth). Duration of W key activation: 30seconds. S key disabled for that duration.

Arty focus fire: If 2 or more arty in game; 1 arty can 'take over' the other one / two. Where that arty shoots, all shots land simultaneously. Limitation: once per battle. Penatly: All participating arty are immediately 'spotted' for 30 secs.

:trollface::popcorn:

I agree with the camo idea, but only if they remove the option to deactivate non historic camo and add bright pink to the color options.

Since I'm sure that the heavies were only waiting in the back out of jealousy to their faster team members I'd revise your rule change so that the speed of the heavy is increased to 80 for the duration of the boost.  That way they could enjoy the looks of jealousy as they flew past their team mates.

I think that in terms of fairness to arties instead of just the participating arties, everyone is immediately spotted for 30s.  We can't be mean to arty afterall.

Azgabast #12 Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19005 battles
I'd love to have an in-game model of each tanks's armor, with layers for the spaced armor and also crew an module positions (so I could maybe shoot ammo rack/fuel tanks more). But I guess this would actually be useful so it has no place in this topic (which is for fun).

UserZer00 #13 Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10207 battles

View PostAzgabast, on 16 February 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

I'd love to have an in-game model of each tanks's armor, with layers for the spaced armor and also crew an module positions (so I could maybe shoot ammo rack/fuel tanks more). But I guess this would actually be useful so it has no place in this topic (which is for fun).

Maybe add a skill called "x-ray" that activates when you auto-aim on a tank? 

It would either activate once trained to 100% or provide more and more info as the training progressed?

It could be used to increase the effectiveness of the gunner skill that increases crit chances.

I'm sure they can add it for the next patch

Draz_H #14 Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Gameplay:

If someone hits and damages my ammorack twice an automatic ticket is written and sent to WG Support with the following title: "Player clearly cheating, no way he hits my ammorack twice like that?!"

UserZer00 #15 Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10207 battles

View PostDraz_H, on 16 February 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

Gameplay:

If someone hits and damages my ammorack twice an automatic ticket is written and sent to WG Support with the following title: "Player clearly cheating, no way he hits my ammorack twice like that?!"

Since support is configured to send automatic replies should it be configured to continue the cycle until you get a non standard reply?

Element6 #16 Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29873 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostUserZer00, on 16 February 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

But everyone already knows that WG introduce gold ammo to eliminate skill. (According to information easily available in numerous posts)

Don't you think it's more likely that since tanks, if you think about it, have relatively low parameters to distinguish them from eachother, premium ammo is here to negate some of the extreme differences between tanks? If you take the relatively low number of parameters into account, and that humans tend to be bad at spotting minute differences, and the fact that there are a crapton of tanks in each tier, then if everything was balanced properly most players would feel that most of the tanks were too similar, and thus not give them incentives to gring many lines of tanks.

So we have slow hulks with huge guns that smack you in the face, and small quick and nible tanks with high speeds and good mobility, in the same tier. The nimble tank can't be fitted with a howitzer so it needs premium ammo to pen the hulk while it can zoom around and hide in bushes.

Stuff like that.

But, humans are not bad at spotting minute differences in all walks of life, have a human walk a flight of stairs where the height to the next step is identical on all but one, that is 2mm higher than the others, and a lot of us will stumble. We notice it the instant we encounter it, but we do not notice it before we stumble, only after.

UserZer00 #17 Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10207 battles

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 16 February 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

Don't you think it's more likely that since tanks, if you think about it, have relatively low parameters to distinguish them from eachother, premium ammo is here to negate some of the extreme differences between tanks? If you take the relatively low number of parameters into account, and that humans tend to be bad at spotting minute differences, and the fact that there are a crapton of tanks in each tier, then if everything was balanced properly most players would feel that most of the tanks were too similar, and thus not give them incentives to gring many lines of tanks.

So we have slow hulks with huge guns that smack you in the face, and small quick and nible tanks with high speeds and good mobility, in the same tier. The nimble tank can't be fitted with a howitzer so it needs premium ammo to pen the hulk while it can zoom around and hide in bushes.

Stuff like that.

But, humans are not bad at spotting minute differences in all walks of life, have a human walk a flight of stairs where the height to the next step is identical on all but one, that is 2mm higher than the others, and a lot of us will stumble. We notice it the instant we encounter it, but we do not notice it before we stumble, only after.

So, in essence what you want is a tank that's 2mm lower than all the other tanks so that when you are fighting the ridge line most of the shots fired at you will sail 2mm above the top of your tank while your shots will continue to hit the cupola of enemy tanks?

How about if we just pimp your tank and add pneumatic shocks that allow you to raise and lower your tank using the up and down arrow keys?  That way when you need that extra 2mm of height to shoot at an enemy you can raise your tank up and then right back down again afterwards.

It'll only be allowed if you select a bright orange camo with cherry red flames along the side, to be in line with the style.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But to be honest. I think (meaning this is my opinion) the reason they added tanks requiring the use of gold ammo to penetrate effectively is simply because they are greedy bastards and want to increase their revenue.

When it wasn't in the game (or when you had to pay for it with gold instead of credits) the tanks were more balanced with regards to weak spots or other reduced attributes to compensate for heavy armor.

When an "overpowered" tank came into the game it was usually nerfed within one or two patches.  Now, they continue to introduce "overpowered" tanks, knowing that it will increase their income and if they do balance them, it's done a lot slower than previously 

Element6 #18 Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29873 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostUserZer00, on 17 February 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

So, in essence what you want is a tank that's 2mm lower than all the other tanks so that when you are fighting the ridge line most of the shots fired at you will sail 2mm above the top of your tank while your shots will continue to hit the cupola of enemy tanks?

How about if we just pimp your tank and add pneumatic shocks that allow you to raise and lower your tank using the up and down arrow keys?  That way when you need that extra 2mm of height to shoot at an enemy you can raise your tank up and then right back down again afterwards.

It'll only be allowed if you select a bright orange camo with cherry red flames along the side, to be in line with the style.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But to be honest. I think (meaning this is my opinion) the reason they added tanks requiring the use of gold ammo to penetrate effectively is simply because they are greedy bastards and want to increase their revenue.

When it wasn't in the game (or when you had to pay for it with gold instead of credits) the tanks were more balanced with regards to weak spots or other reduced attributes to compensate for heavy armor.

When an "overpowered" tank came into the game it was usually nerfed within one or two patches.  Now, they continue to introduce "overpowered" tanks, knowing that it will increase their income and if they do balance them, it's done a lot slower than previously 

I do not ask for anything, I simply provided one viable explanation for the use/introduction of premium ammo that had nothing to do with the developer being a greedy bastard. It's hard to tell, but I would think that they made more money in the past on premium shells, since players can play low tiers or a premium tank to fund premium ammo use for all eternity now. In the past you could only get it with real money, or if you won gold in some contest. I would call that being less greedy and making the game less pay to win.

UserZer00 #19 Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10207 battles

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 17 February 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

I do not ask for anything, I simply provided one viable explanation for the use/introduction of premium ammo that had nothing to do with the developer being a greedy bastard. It's hard to tell, but I would think that they made more money in the past on premium shells, since players can play low tiers or a premium tank to fund premium ammo use for all eternity now. In the past you could only get it with real money, or if you won gold in some contest. I would call that being less greedy and making the game less pay to win.

I know you didn't ask. I just added a silly assumption based on what you contributed in order to link it to the thread topic.

As to the premium shells. I believe that when the premium shells sold for actual money that there were few people willing to pay money directly.  It was more the big clans who had a steady income of gold from clan wars that were making use of the advantage.

The "generous" move of making premium ammo available for credits and increasing the armor on certain tanks made it more a choice of "use premium ammo to remain competitive or watch you stats suffer".

Now, people still didn't have to spend money, but the choices now are to use premium ammo and advance slowly as you have less credits available, buy premium tanks to generate credits, buy a premium account to generate credits or spend money on credit packagages.

Again, this is all based on opinion, but I think that the switch making premium ammo available for credits linked with the OP tanks, corridor maps and even the increased critical damage chance have all contributed to generating income for WG.

vasilinhorulezz #20 Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

Gameplay:

And of course, get credited with damage equivalent to it's remaining HP and awarded with the kill.

Yea, no more premium spam from type 5s, they will only drive around waiting to get shot :D:D.

You sir, just fixed tier 10 MM :trollface::D.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users