Do premium tanks get bad teams?

premium matchmaking teams

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Testudo_san #1 Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1241 battles
So I got a Matlda IV because there was a huge discount on it. It seems to me that I end up with very, very bad teams with this tank almost every time. No one knows where to go on the map, no one does enough damage, and I'm seeing some very awkward playing...as if teammates don't know how to drive the damn thing. Some guys die on purpose and troll in the chat, some guy is afk...very weird stuff. I haven't seen this so frequently with one tank before. Am I imagining stuff?

Zinomov #2 Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20604 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN
nothing is wrong with the vehicle, it's all about the MM
so long it will be broken we won't enjoy the game

Balc0ra #3 Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66286 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

You barely have 3 shots of damage pr game in it, that's not much even for a tier 5. I know it's slow. But even with a bad team you should be able to do something in it. It has 86 pen, and that's the worst part about it. And if you only use AP, it's not gonna carry much either. As 86 AP can roll 65mm pen on a low roll. And that's not even good vs a tier 4 target like the sloped armor of the Hetzer or a Matilda, yet alone a KV-1. Not that 102mm gold pen is fantastic either. But if you want to do well in it with AP only, you need to look at the enemy list and consider what you should stay away from. And just bully the rest down hard. As due to the low pen. The DPM vs alpha is actually great.

Mine works just fine and has a nice 61% WR after 597 games of training crews for almost 6 years. But I did not get that by only using AP tbh. As it's one of 3 tanks I have a 50% gold load on. As it's been outdated on the gun for years. As it's 10 metats behind.

Edited by Balc0ra, 16 February 2018 - 08:00 PM.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #4 Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles
In a 3/5/7 game all you need is one bad top tier tank to lose the game. 90% of the result rests on the shoulders of those 3 tanks.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66286 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTr0gledyte, on 16 February 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

In a 3/5/7 game all you need is one bad top tier tank to lose the game. 90% of the result rests on the shoulders of those 3 tanks.

It's tier 5. They don't have 3-5-7 as top tier. And most of the top tiers in a 5-10 games on both teams will be bad apples on that tier. There it's more down to if they have a padding T67 or not etc on the enemy team. As that can ruin a lot fast if you are in a slow medium on a more open map.

NoPoet406 #6 Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2441 battles
  • [USAW] USAW
My experience is that premium tanks get superior matchmaking, so while your team composition is still important (if you're saddled with 14 bots you're in trouble), you can usually have a bit more fun as you won't see ridiculous super-tanks on the enemy team.

However, premium tanks are a mixed bag. It's nice to have a special tank but they are usually hobbled in some way. The best case in point is the Excelsior which is a fantastic tank except for a gun that would probably be crap at tier 3: no accuracy, no penetration, only passable damage and unimpressive gold ammo. This makes the game much more challenging as you need to make the best use of what you've got -- no free xp to take the pain away.

When playing with a flawed tank you will naturally have a tougher time in battle and will need to play with greater skill and intelligence than in, say, a KV1S. The KV1S is the same class and same tier as an Excelsior but being Soviet it does nearly everything better than the plucky Brit.

So while WoT is a team game, and everyone must share responsibility for a defeat, remember that each player has their own burden to bear during each game and tank choice is a huge factor.

Also tagged with premium, matchmaking, teams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users