Couldn't find the report button..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

iLuvMiku #1 Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1633 battles
I was not able to find the report button so i decided to put this here.. I was playing with my new arty.. Then i realised i was not able to shoot anywhere anymore.. I went out of the sight and then i saw a player just making me stuck in a corner and he would not let me out.. So i killed him.. Team mate ofcourse.. He said he reported me.. Should i be scared? I just really do not want to be banned.. Screenshot attached..
*edit

wsatnutter #2 Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:06 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25424 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Report him in garage right click on his name 

And don' kill your team mates 

No matter what 

Balc0ra #3 Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67411 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostiLuvMiku, on 16 February 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

I was not able to find the report button so i decided to put this here.. I was playing with my new arty.. Then i realised i was not able to shoot anywhere anymore.. I went out of the sight and then i saw a player just making me stuck in a corner and he would not let me out.. So i killed him.. Team mate ofcourse.. He said he reported me.. Should i be scared? I just really do not want to be banned.. Screenshot attached..

A: Don't shoot friendlies. B: One report is not something to be scared of if that was it.  It's if you get 3-4 a game often WG will notice and take action. And C: Team damage is automated. As in it tracks how often you do it. Not on a pr game basis, but across all games. So one shot here and there often enough, and you will turn blue and banned by the system on the next shot. So play nice, and you should have no worries.

As for reporting back? Well hold down CTRL to get the mouse pointer up during a battle. Right click their name to the the drop list and use report. Or do it in the garage on the after action report and find them on the score list and right click there to find "complaint". Tho you only have 10 a day, and can only use 1 report pr player pr function.

TheComfyChair #4 Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8080 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
There are muppets who do this on a regular basis to get a reaction from you and hopefully get you a ban. Not sure of the logic but obviously limited IQ. You shoot them and they get what they wanted, don't shoot them and they annoy the feck out of you all battle. Best policy get a beer and hopefully when you return from the fridge someone has killed them. (if you are not of drinking age I would recommend a good soft drink...what's a good soft drink?)

AliceUnchained #5 Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322
Definitely worth it to create a thread for...

Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39185 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostiLuvMiku, on 16 February 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

Don't be afraid - just laugh at them and move on to the next game.

Also, DO NOT SHOOT YOUR OWN TEAM:facepalm:

Archaean #7 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15733 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 February 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

Don't be afraid - just laugh at them and move on to the next game.

Also, DO NOT SHOOT YOUR OWN TEAM:facepalm:

I like shooting my own teammates from time to time. Stupidity needs to be punished in the most painful way yes? Imagine there's an idiot harassing you half of the game. The game proceeds well and both of you are still alive with another couple of things. Now that idiots harassing you in the beginning of the game is still alive but only with a sliver of their HP pool. 

There is nothing more comforting knowing that I'll piss this person off by killing them at that moment. 

That feeling is truly enjoyable.

True, you might say I'm such a bad person, but at least I'm not a hypocrite. If someone on the street hits you, will you kindly tell him that's not nice or even better, do nothing at all, ignore him and move on? If you do that, then... Well... Congratulations!

Therefor I'm definitely not going to say OP did something wrong.

Erwin_Von_Braun #8 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:32 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39185 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostArchaean, on 16 February 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

I like shooting my own teammates from time to time. Stupidity needs to be punished in the most painful way yes? Imagine there's an idiot harassing you half of the game. The game proceeds well and both of you are still alive with another couple of things. Now that idiots harassing you in the beginning of the game is still alive but only with a sliver of their HP pool.

There is nothing more comforting knowing that I'll piss this person off by killing them at that moment.

That feeling is truly enjoyable.

True, you might say I'm such a bad person, but at least I'm not a hypocrite. If someone on the street hits you, will you kindly tell him that's not nice or even better, do nothing at all, ignore him and move on? If you do that, then... Well... Congratulations!

Therefor I'm definitely not going to say OP did something wrong.

You know what, I'm going to declare myself a hypocrite - I have done such things:(

Aikl #9 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26079 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Don't worry, the report system is effectively useless (or at least appears to be for those who eagerly report everyone and their mother).

The team damage system and filing a ticket for e.g. blocking and pushing, however, is not. That tends to earn people a ban, at least if they e.g. push you into enemy fire. Had a guy do that to me a few weeks ago. Support kind of implied that he got a ban (despite stating that they won't comment on the punishment type), the guy didnt play for at least five-six days after.

Didn't exactly ruin a crucial game or anything; IIRC my tank was already low on HP and effectively useless at that point in the game. I was mostly curious after a less helpful conversation on a related topic.

Edited by Aikl, 16 February 2018 - 10:38 PM.

Homer_J #10 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostArchaean, on 16 February 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

I like shooting my own teammates from time to time. Stupidity needs to be punished in the most painful way yes?

Because virtual damage to pixel tanks is so painful?

Don't kid yourself.  You are punishing nobody.

Archaean #11 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15733 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostHomer_J, on 16 February 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

Because virtual damage to pixel tanks is so painful?

Don't kid yourself.  You are punishing nobody.

Oh! We found the first hypocrite. 

Can words hurt? Yes!

Can actions hurt without directly affecting you? Yes!

Can looking at a dying person hurt? Yes!

etc.

Many things can hurt and so can actions in a game lead to people getting infuriated. Denying could have differing reasons. I don't care what your reason for your comment is but please:

remove yourself form here with your double standard and reply in un-smart ways in another thread.

Edited by Archaean, 16 February 2018 - 10:56 PM.

Homer_J #12 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostArchaean, on 16 February 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

Oh! We found the first hypocrite. 

And there's me thinking I chose the nickname Homer_J not Judge_Dread

Thanks for sorting that out for me. :rolleyes:

You shoot someone pixel tank with your pixel gun you might feel better but you are not punishing them.  Especially not trolls like the OP is talking about, in those cases you are rewarding them.

Archaean #13 Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15733 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostHomer_J, on 16 February 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

And there's me thinking I chose the nickname Homer_J not Judge_Dread

Thanks for sorting that out for me. :rolleyes:

You shoot someone pixel tank with your pixel gun you might feel better but you are not punishing them.  Especially not trolls like the OP is talking about, in those cases you are rewarding them.

Rewarding them? In what way can it possibly be rewarded to get by your own team mate?Having less HP to begin with? Having potential modules damaged or crew members killed? 

Getting shot by a team mate is not rewarding. There is no occasion where you actually get rewarded for being shot by a team mate. And don't tell me, the credits you gain for getting shot is the reward. You wouldn't have had to pay the credits you gain in the first place if you didn^t get shot by a team mate.

Moving on. Why would you ignore this:

View PostArchaean, on 16 February 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

Can words hurt? Yes!

Can actions hurt without directly affecting you? Yes!

Can looking at a dying person hurt? Yes!

etc.

You can't say "pixel tanks don't hurt" while believing that the comment I wrote is true. While it's indeed a game it still has individuals behind it. Different people react differently to certain actions. I don't know why you try to deny that possibility.

Maybe you believe it's not worth it getting worked up over "pixels", but that would only be you. If your claim is true, why are there so many people complaining on the forum about team killers?

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 February 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

You know what, I'm going to declare myself a hypocrite - I have done such things:(

Na, you are good. Honesty where it matters, lies where it's needed. And not speaking honestly but at the same time not lying when it's important.

K_A #14 Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13670 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You're still new here OP, so I'll give you some pointers:

1. There will be d**ks in some games, and there are some people who hate arty enough that they want to be complete tw*ts to anyone who plays them. Try to ignore them as best you can.

2. Never, and I repeat, NEVER, shoot friendlies. This game has an automated friendly fire ban system which will not care if they bothered you or blocked you, it only counts if you do damage to friendly tanks. These trolls want you to shoot them so you will get banned. Don't do it. 

3. If they bug you so much that you can't take it anymore, just quit the battle and go to the next one. The penalty for doing that, at the harshest, is that you don't get any credits or XP for the game you abandoned, but that's better than getting banned.

4. Really, most players are good guys, so just don't pay attention to the few idiots there are. Every game has them, wot isn't any special in that regard.

Fighto #15 Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35326 battles
  • [TAC] TAC

View PostAliceUnchained, on 16 February 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

Definitely worth it to create a thread for...

No??? So Highlighting fools acting like c*nts should be ignored , no wonder we have the standard of player we have playing this game.

Homer_J #16 Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostArchaean, on 16 February 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

Getting shot by a team mate is not rewarding. There is no occasion where you actually get rewarded for being shot by a team mate.

It is when that's what you set out to do.  If you set out with the intention of getting someone to get themselves banned and you see them go blue then you see them stop moving that is very rewarding.

Jbnn #17 Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10029 battles
When someone is blocking your gun while driving arty or pushing, you can send a replay to customer support explaining shortly what happened. 
Such behaviors use to get sanctioned.  But never shoot green tanks.

I have to close this thread as it promotes unsportsmanlike conducts. 

Have a nice day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users