78 replies to this topic

McB0t #1 Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30735 battles

Hi Guys,

Is the ELC Even 90 as bad as it seems?

CONS:

Worst amount of HP in any tier 8 : 900 HP - The same as tier 7 light but facing tier X.

Worst DPM: 1152 - What I find exasperating is that any light tier 8, tier 7 and even tier 6, 5 and 4 light tank (yes, this is true) has better DPM. 

Horrendous gun handling.

Bad mobility: One of the worst power/weight ratio (24.90 hp/t) among tier 8 light tanks.

PRO:

Size: It is really small, but when you drive it, you feel that even while moving, shots seems to hit you 80% of the times.

The best camo rating of the game: Really hard to spot beind the bushes, but there are many city maps without bushes to hide in.

To those who have bought it, has this tank disappointed you?

8126Jakobsson #2 Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 61193 battles
Not really as bad as its stats would suggest. I think it's very fun to play and it's - naturally - a great spotter. Good stuff as long as you stay away from the fight. Any fight, really. Spot stuff. Take some cheeky shots. Drive around. Repeat.

Mr_Burrows #3 Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43193 battles
It is sometimes fun BUT often extremely frustrating to play. And everything you have read about the poor dpm, sluggish turns/speed bleed and inabillity to fend off other scouts is true. 

dimethylcadmium #4 Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4643 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
I see people often do well in it, especially in 4+ minute battles where there is enough time to make the DPM work

vasilinhorulezz #5 Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21244 battles

View PostMcB0t, on 17 February 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

Hi Guys,

Is the ELC Even 90 as bad as it seems?

CONS:

Worst amount of HP in any tier 8 : 900 HP - The same as tier 7 light but facing tier X.

True.

Worst DPM: 1152 - What I find exasperating is that any light tier 8, tier 7 and even tier 6, 5 and 4 light tank (yes, this is true) has better DPM. 

Horrendous gun handling.

It's an autoloader, they often have worse gun-handling than same tier, single shot tanks, dpm doesn't matter this much.

What kills it for me is the incredibly slow rounds, making long range shots a no-no, unless it's target is stationary.

Bad mobility: One of the worst power/weight ratio (24.90 hp/t) among tier 8 light tanks.

Mobility is bad, it bleeds speed when turning, and especially when it drives through soft terrain.

PRO:

Size: It is really small, but when you drive it, you feel that even while moving, shots seems to hit you 80% of the times.

No, the amount of shots that miss you is quite high actually, just wiggle a bit left and right while driving,

and as a  bonus, on close range, a lot of tanks don't even have the gun depression to aim at you when trying to cycle them.

The best camo rating of the game: Really hard to spot beind the bushes, but there are many city maps without bushes to hide in.

The camo is actually epicly good, I've managed to go to spots, that wouldn't even dare to go with other lights.

To those who have bought it, has this tank disappointed you?

I've a good amount of pretty fun games in it, and I can say that it's decent as a tank, and it's fun driving it.

In ideal circumstances it can do very well, although it wouldn't hurt to buff it a bit, maybe a better engine, or lower the terrain resistances, and maybe lower the reload to 25 sec.

It looks bad on stats, but in a LT friendly map, it can really shine.

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 17 February 2018 - 04:40 PM.

zargblatt #6 Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31531 battles

Its a fun tank. However if you are a WN8 statspadder then you will hate it because its a dedicated spotter.

Use it activly by drive it around like crazy.

Oh, and its the best creditmaker in game.

Easely gain 60-80k and tank repair is just 5k :)

Jotneblod #7 Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 839 battles

No, it's bad in the heads up comparison but the battles in World of Tanks are 15 vs. 15 and as a tier 8 tank you spend 75% of those battles as bottom tier. In effect what makes a tier 8 tank good is good bottom tier potential. A tank that sucks as bottom tier is a bad tier 8 tank no matter how good it is when top tier. ELC EVEN does have plenty of potential as bottom tier because it's still the fastest and stealthiest tank in most battles while also having some burst damage, so it's a good tank. Being a good top tier isn't that big a consolation if you get to see top tier games once or twice every 10 battles.

View Postzargblatt, on 17 February 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

Its a fun tank. However if you are a WN8 statspadder then you will hate it because its a dedicated spotter.

Use it activly by drive it around like crazy.

Oh, and its the best creditmaker in game.

Easely gain 60-80k and tank repair is just 5k :)

Only bad players play it as a 100% passive spotter. Just because it has "ELC" in its name doesn't mean you have to play it like a retarded tier 5 tank and sit in a bush with binocs and camo net and waiting for the enemies to run into your gun.

ELC EVEN has easily the best camo of all tier 8-10 tanks and it is best utilized in active spotting, not by sitting in a bush with camo net. If you are a light tank, you keep your camo on the move as long as you don't fire your gun. On the move, yes. Use that. Of course you will sometimes passive spot with the tank when the opportunity arises and the tank is great in that duty but it isn't a viable option most of the time and narrowing down the tank to passive scouting entirely is just wrong.

The gun also has 660 burst damage so the key is to actively put yourself into situations where you can first spot enemies and when the window of opportunity opens up you clip something, escape and return to your spotting position or find a new one. Alternatively ambushing someone for 660 damage and leaving is a good way to. If you do this 2-3 times in a game you'll have racked up a healthy amount of damage on top of the assist and quite frankly that makes a pretty good tank in tier 8 where you're bottom tier all the time.

Edited by Jotneblod, 17 February 2018 - 09:12 PM.

_b_ #8 Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 54009 battles

It is a fun tank!

Gun handling and clipsize ...perhaps also turning/handling on terrain?... is what keeps it from not being totally balanced.  I'd say it's slightly UP comparing to other tier 8 lights...but being fun who cares :D

Jotneblod #9 Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 839 battles
Nvm. Combined to 1 post above.

Edited by Jotneblod, 17 February 2018 - 09:12 PM.

Jotneblod #10 Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 839 battles

I also finished my 3 marks on it earlier today. According to my mod the total amount required at the moment is 2960 combined which definitely doesn't paint a picture of a weak tank. Also looks cool with the WG Fest camo.

Gavrilac #11 Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30068 battles
  • [-WBZ] -WBZ
Its a nice and fun tank to play with. Its not the best tank, but you can make credits, train team and have fun in the same time. Its enough to be an average player.

TungstenHitman #12 Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18677 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV
Well I twice witnessed an Even 90 pic up a Radleys so it ain't half bad if it can do that! Twice proves was no fluke or "One of those" battles, generally they appear to go very well in most battles. Tough little fokker to hit too

Search_Warrant #13 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:47 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 25990 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Honestly i had allot of fun in it (friends account). the guns aiming is a tad derpy and the reload is stupidly long but other than that it got a nasty sting and its mobile AF. seriously dont see anything wrong with it. i like it more than T92 easily just coz it actually has such good camo and its tiny. 70kmh top speed is so much nicer than crappy 60.

Very fun tank but still team dependant coz..well..its a LT and LT's as a whole really suck for carrying.

Balc0ra #14 Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62857 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It can be great fun regardless of style. It's a fun bully tank if you like hit and runs. Crew skills etc can make the aim time less horrible. Low DPM can be a hinder. But if you have enough support, and your team still has numbers. It won't matter as much if you just clip what you can and keep moving.

Late game when your support fades, and you are outgunned. Then you will notice it lacking. Or when you try and help in a 2 vs 1, and the 1 is higher tier vs both of you. Your 660 burst damage and long reload might not make all the difference then.

But for the price vs most tier 8's towards income? It's not bad. The fact that a half backed 3K spotting game even gets you a nice income. And it's cheap to run as it costs nothing to repair etc. It's profits even on a "meh" game is not the worst.

Search_Warrant #15 Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 25990 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Sigh.... batchats love yoloing this thing and killing me constantly. 1 just rammed and got under my tank.. flipped me and it got me killed from a flip. the yoloing little c*ntbag died a second later after he flipped me. stupid sh*ts like that need purging.

vasilinhorulezz #16 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21244 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 18 February 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

Sigh.... batchats love yoloing this thing and killing me constantly. 1 just rammed and got under my tank.. flipped me and it got me killed from a flip. the yoloing little c*ntbag died a second later after he flipped me. stupid sh*ts like that need purging.

Happened to me too,

losing a top tier medium to kill a bottom tier light,

never understood the mentality in that.

Still, even in death you manage to achieve your purpose, so still a win for you :)

Aikl #17 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 18 February 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

Figured someone would gift it to you sooner or later, even to me it seems like a tank you'd hate with a burning passion. :D

In related news:

(No, there is no sound because I can't figure out OBS when the headset is plugged in.)

Search_Warrant #18 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 25990 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostAikl, on 18 February 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

Figured someone would gift it to you sooner or later, even to me it seems like a tank you'd hate with a burning passion. :D

In related news:

(No, there is no sound because I can't figure out OBS when the headset is plugged in.)

Gift? no i actually bought this one coz i actually like playing it (tried it ona friends account). just teams are seriously terrible and the enemy really hates this thing.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 18 February 2018 - 01:29 PM.

Joggaman #19 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22542 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Fun tank!

Watch to the end:B

Enforcer1975 #20 Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 18481 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I wouldn't say it's the worst. It could use some tweaking on the reload. It's very bad compared to the 1375 which is one tier lower. 

Also tagged with elc, even, 90, elc even 90

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users