Which performance rating should I use/follow?

WN8 Personal Rating Efficiency

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Jigabachi #21 Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRyn1k, on 17 February 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

Which rating should I be looking at now?

None. They're all similarly useless. Just check your stats as a whole and you get tons more information.

Gavrilac #22 Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33135 battles
you should use only your emotional rating and, a little, your rational rating...

soul3ater #23 Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18764 battles

Wn8 I guess.

also lul at people who say that they don't care about stats and just have fun, how are you supposed to improve yourself if you don't have access to said stats? I say use what ever at your disposal to improve yourself.

Ryn1k #24 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1655 battles

View PostShivva, on 17 February 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

Please point out the part of my post where I sound upset... you're in for a real shock once you grow up and are allowed outside by yourself if you feel what what I posted was the sound of someone who was upset.

Hmm nah, no need for me to grow up. The only juvenile comments were made by you, as indicated by this quote once again.

Aikl #25 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSpurtung, on 17 February 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

He's also delusional, and that's me being nice.

How can a  rating system that puts me over Brumbarr be even close to delusional? :P

Erwin_Von_Braun #26 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRyn1k, on 17 February 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

Title pretty much sums it all. I read a while back that the Personal Rating of WoT would now be similiar to WN8, but am not sure, couldn't find the text anywhere anymore.

Which rating should I be looking at now? WN8? Personal Rating? Eff? Few years back everyone was looking at WN8, but I'm not up to speed. Cheers for help.

View PostSteve8066, on 17 February 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

none, play the game to have fun. If its enjoyable for you, your rating is irrelevent.

This^

Seriously, pay attention to Steve8066 - these are wise words.

Archaean #27 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15179 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 18 February 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

This^

Seriously, pay attention to Steve8066 - these are wise words.

No, that's wrong in the general perspective.

If you perceive fun by just pressing the battle button and driving in there without any thought, well good for you. But if you hate any of these following things you are heavily in denial of your own comment:

• losing
  • dying quickly 
  • not dealing a lot of damage/not contributing a lot to a victory
  • not fulfilling your supposed role (e.g. heavy being somewhat of a lead  etc)

There are some more but you get the gist. And saying that these are wise words is wrong and an incredibly high level. Not everyone shares the same opinion as you and not everyone will look at the world as you do. 

Edited by Archaean, 18 February 2018 - 10:28 AM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #28 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:41 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostArchaean, on 18 February 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

No, that's wrong in the general perspective.

If you perceive fun by just pressing the battle button and driving in there without any thought, well good for you. But if you hate any of these following things you are heavily in denial of your own comment:

• losing
  • dying quickly
  • not dealing a lot of damage/not contributing a lot to a victory
  • not fulfilling your supposed role (e.g. heavy being somewhat of a lead  etc)

There are some more but you get the gist. And saying that these are wise words is wrong and an incredibly high level. Not everyone shares the same opinion as you and not everyone will look at the world as you do.

You misunderstand me entirely.

How one derives 'fun' is largely down to the individual.

The point I am making, and I suspect Steve was too, is that in the grand scheme of things, ratings are irrelevant unless you are concerned about the adulation of people you do not know

Bordhaw #29 Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

Major

• Player
  • 11548 battles

View PostRyn1k, on 17 February 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

Title pretty much sums it all. I read a while back that the Personal Rating of WoT would now be similiar to WN8, but am not sure, couldn't find the text anywhere anymore.

Which rating should I be looking at now? WN8? Personal Rating? Eff? Few years back everyone was looking at WN8, but I'm not up to speed. Cheers for help.

Steve8066 #30 Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12432 battles

View PostArchaean, on 17 February 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

Don't decide for others how to play the game. If he wants to play to reach certain stats then that's his freaking deal.

so the OP can ask a question but you decide because you dont like my answer that i cant reply?

Let me just underline the fact that he asked for opinions and i gave mine. Now crawl back under your stone before your dragging knuckles damage the carpet.

theSwedishTankDriver #31 Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24291 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY
DPG.

clixor #32 Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:49 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51483 battles
MOE.. seriously i think this should be added to xvm (in addition to win8). The reason being that's the only indication of how a player is performing in a PARTICULAR tank. Also it will show if someone just started playing a certain tank and needs to get used to driving it.

dimethylcadmium #33 Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6247 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View Postclixor, on 19 February 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

MOE.. seriously i think this should be added to xvm (in addition to win8). The reason being that's the only indication of how a player is performing in a PARTICULAR tank. Also it will show if someone just started playing a certain tank and needs to get used to driving it.

bad idea

250swb #34 Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22667 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postclixor, on 19 February 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

Yes, and that wouldn't lead to chaos on the first day a new tank is released and all the tryhards go out to get a mark on it before the true stats are established...................... Besides which nobody should feel obliged by a metric that forces them to play a tank for more games than they want or need to in order to move on. It also doesn't mean any skill is involved anyway because some MOE's are 'won' simply by playing one tank obsessively until circumstances/RNG conspire. And don't get me started on an MOE metric making players not only rush the tiers but also stay in the mid-tiers that are easiest. And while I'm at it the 'early adopters', for example those who started in 2011 and with 50,000 battles, will have a massive advantage over brand new players because the more competitive a metric becomes the harder it is to achieve it, so it's a 'stuff you' to any kid trying to stat pad.

Edited by 250swb, 19 February 2018 - 09:14 AM.

ZlatanArKung #35 Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Number of heroic and epic medals / game.

Draz_H #36 Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Number of how many times you've platooned with QB. More than 2 and you're already a MEGAZOID UNICUM!

Edited by Draz_H, 19 February 2018 - 09:19 AM.

Anthony_1972 #37 Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8167 battles

Let's just answer seriously, and not go for unwarranted personal attacks?   

Obviously, win rate is the only performance rating that really matters.  It is the only one that includes all aspects of the game.

Unfortunately, win rate needs a huge amount of battle to become accurate enough to be useful.   100 battles says nothing.  The WR can still fluctuate by 10 % points.  You would need something like 1000 battles to get somewhat reliable statistics.   So this is really a problem for your per vehicle stats.  

The personal rating from WoT is totally useless.   It is basically the normalized addition of the WR and the amount of damage you do.  The latter is however very dependent on your battle tier. So the higher the tier you play, the higher the personal rating from WoT, which obviously means absolutely nothing for how good you play.  

WN8 is a way to make a better personal rating.   It is decent, in the sense that it tries to put in as much objective parameters as possible, and tries to normalize them to battle tier.  So it will give a better overall picture.   It is also independent on winning or loosing, so that is much more stable in the output.     However, WN8 cannot distinguish a situation where you do absolute nothing, from the case where you, in a single tank threaten one flank, even without landing a single hit, blocked half the enemy team from advancing, and allowing your team you swipe in from the other flank, winning the game.  WN8 (and other performance ratings) can never include all the important things that are going on during the battle, when there isn't any damage caused...  Nevertheless, this very often can be very decisive. Win rate is the only rating that includes that aspect of the game.    

So you have the choice...   focus on WN8, and get an incomplete picture.  Focus on WR, and realized that it takes an incredible amount of battle to get accurate numbers.

OR: do not focus on performance ratings at all, but just try to get better....  

In my opinion, you do not need performance ratings to see that you did good or bad in a battle.  Very often when I die, I think "that was stupid".  And then I know I messed up, and will try not to do it the next time.  Even when I thought I did well, and died, I try to force myself to not go back to the garage, but keep looking at the game.   You can learn for seeing what happens.  From seeing how things develop from what you saw on the mini map in the beginning. 

You don't need performance ratings for getting better at the game.   What does it tell you when your WN8 is low?   It doesn't tell you how to improve.   So why would you want to focus on that?

Use WR to get a global indication of how well you are doing.   And for the rest, learn from your mistakes.   

Edited by Anthony_1972, 19 February 2018 - 09:26 AM.

adameitas #38 Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63256 battles
wr per tier. If player manages to have good wr in higher tiers means he is playing right.

MrClark56 #39 Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6097 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

i guess the really important metric to take into account... is damage...

1. deal more damage than hp of you own tank.

2. prevent enemy from dealing damage, either by blocking with armor, or by baiting enemy tanks to shoot you and miss... what wins battles is the general damage output of teams..

you can have a unicum on one side, and loads of bots on the other, but if the bots deal more damage than the unicum and his minions, then he will have a hard time wining. what differentiates ( at the very base ) a noob to a good player is his damage output...

To reach that damage output potential you need to learn, where to position yourself to shoot, learn where to shoot tanks, at what moment to do so.. who you need to shoot first, etc... map awareness to know which damage deals a bigger blow to an enemy.. (do you shoot low tier scout? or high tier HT oho decimating your ranks, if you have the choice?)

Then you will find that nothing else matters, all the metrics will follow this one.. call it DMG8 if you want... but this is it.. it all runs around damage.

shisxh tainted on me... damage is damage.... his cat said it..

of course all this jazz is my opinion..

Edited by MrClark56, 19 February 2018 - 10:42 AM.

Axelfoley666 #40 Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22410 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

I love the way this forum works.

OP asks "what is 2+2?".

Several pages later we get to "I am gonna burn your house down with your family still inside".

Ah, good times :popcorn:

Also tagged with WN8, Personal Rating, Efficiency

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users