8k battles in Löwe, still 46% wr

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

avr7002 #1 Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32302 battles

I have 8000 battles in my Löwe, still 46% wr. I play hard to win every battle. I use lot of gold ammo and consumables. My Löwe has every crew member with 6 skill or perk. But wr is out of my control. All my battles are 100% solo random. I dont use any mods. I never camp, my survival rate is 20%. I hardly survive winning battle. I had tried different tactics (stay with others, go with others, go in key point and defence, support, sniping) but nothing works for win. I am not burden in my team. Often, I am among top 3 by raw exp (I have 440 view range on move) and I spotting for others, I have patrol duty medals in my Löwe and more than 4000 spotting dmg in one battle too. BTW I had spent 3400 on WoT, so it is proof, WoT is not p2w. MM and RNG is random. WR is out of my control. I dont know, why I am not able to get at least 47 % wr in my Löwe? There are some replays, not cherry picked, just different from yesterday and one from 16 feb to show, that I will support my team from back, if I assume, that enemy will anyway break through flank.

http://wotreplays.eu...c3b8f13bcae1bac

EltvilleTiger #2 Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21315 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Just from the top of my little brain - with 8000 battles, to look over the last four is a bit misleading.   This is not how you've always played.  If you really sucked in your Lowe in the first 4k-5k games, you are just going to have a very slow march to higher win percentages as you have to overcome the past.  What is your win percentage over the past six months, by chance?

At 30k battles overall, you are only pushing a 47% win rate so your Lowe is just about average for how you are playing.  I think you have some overall gameplay improvements that need to be made as you are below average in your win percentage for the numbers of battles you've played.  Your past 30 days are really average when compared to your stats for all 30k games.  Your wn8 is okay but you don't seem to be pulling your weight in the right places in battles... like maybe when you are top tier, you fail more often than succeed because your game play simply needs improvement or adjustment.

Your past 24hours looks like you had some good games.  Watching four games out of 8000 for this particular tank will not tell us much.

jack_timber #3 Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34514 battles

The one 'bit' I was amazed at is 3.4k Euros...

Now that's good proof WoT isn't P2W, isn't?

250swb #4 Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:55 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23153 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postavr7002, on 18 February 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

I use lot of gold ammo and consumables. 

Perhaps this is the problem? 

If you aren't thinking enough during the battle about what ammo to use, and end up using premium ammo by default, or you are putting yourself in situations and thinking your repair kit will save you, then you also aren't thinking enough about tactics and conserving your tanks own hit points. It's no good having a great crew, premium ammo, and premium consumables, if your management of the tank just gives them away to the enemy. Being at the front of the battle if you are top tier, or at the back of the battle if bottom tier, doesn't mean you should throw hit points away cheaply, which is a prime cause of low WR. 

So try to stop thinking your Lowe should be invulnerable with it's great crew and consumables and concentrate on tactics, such as side scraping, protecting your lower plate, etc. The Lowe is a powerful tank but it still needs to be played with the same skills as any other.

Edited by 250swb, 18 February 2018 - 09:57 AM.

Long_Range_Sniper #5 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:02 AM

General

• Player
  • 33491 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I'm sorry but I only looked at your last replay.

You're south spawn on Serene Coast in a Lowe with no arty and mostly heavy tanks on each team. Your decision at the start is go left or right up the coast. 

The strengths of your tank are the gun and the turret, but it's not got a great reload so you shouldn't be alone. You take the back road around to flank to the coast and then stop to shoot a light that's gone in the normal early spotting area on the other side of the lake for North spawn. Good shot, but you're now isolated as you stopped. Your heavies have pushed the coast, but you then go back to snipe. The thing is, you can't snipe much from there, and your heavies are now a gun down in the brawl.

They get out brawled, and you're now alone and die. 

Secondly this is the view you gave the enemy to shoot at.

JV1j7X8.jpg

You're hardly using the best parts of your tank.

At the beginning I'd have been tempted to go the 2 line with your meds and lights. There's no arty, so you can stay at the back if you want and stop the enemy meds poking the ridge. If the enemy meds don't push you can advance and use the ridge and your accuracy to help win past the next rock and then you can snipe all over the base. You'll also act as a deterrent for any meds that want to push. 

Your indecision was probably your killer. You didn't go and help the heavies and you didn't help the meds, so you ended up alone and numbers won.

Jamadeus #6 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:20 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18701 battles
  • [LOC-A] LOC-A

Thanks for that Long_Range_Sniper. It's bloody brilliant. That shared wisdom has to be worth + 5 on my WN8. I really appreciate you taking the time to post (and with pics) on this forum where the current meta is whine/ slag off WG .

314WTNK #7 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30143 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
when u dont know how to play a tank after 8k battles nobody can help u

JocMeister #8 Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23935 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Your recent average WR is 46%. Why do you think your Löwe gameplay should be different from your other tanks?

avr7002 #9 Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32302 battles

There is not, that I have bad past in my early Löwe, what I have cover now. My current in Löwe is even worse. My current (today), past 88 battles in Löwe have 44 wr, thank for good wr yesterday. Before yesterday I had 38% wr over 67 battles in Löwe. And it is not rare to me. I have often long sessions (more 100 battles) with about 40 wr. in row. Replays are just to show, that I am not shooting my teammates. I am not even blocking them, blocking fire lines or occupying good spots for good players in my team.  Yes, my problem is, that I am too aggressive and dont save at all costs my hp. Way too often when I die, I discover in horrors, that left teammates are even worse than I. Just replay. When I died, we lead 8:0 and we were very lucky, that we didnt lost.

mateyflip #10 Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32010 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-
To the positive feed backers thank you I found your replies useful.

Long_Range_Sniper #11 Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:43 AM

General

• Player
  • 33491 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostJamadeus, on 18 February 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

Thanks for that Long_Range_Sniper. It's bloody brilliant. That shared wisdom has to be worth + 5 on my WN8. I really appreciate you taking the time to post (and with pics) on this forum where the current meta is whine/ slag off WG .

Thanks. Other players may have different opinions on how to play that game, but when someone actually posts a question about Gameplay in the Gameplay section it's worth a peek!

View Postavr7002, on 18 February 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

There is not, that I have bad past in my early Löwe, what I have cover now. My current in Löwe is even worse. My current (today), past 88 battles in Löwe have 44 wr, thank for good wr yesterday. Before yesterday I had 38% wr over 67 battles in Löwe. And it is not rare to me. I have often long sessions (more 100 battles) with about 40 wr. in row. Replays are just to show, that I am not shooting my teammates. I am not even blocking them, blocking fire lines or occupying good spots for good players in my team.  Yes, my problem is, that I am too aggressive and dont save at all costs my hp. Way too often when I die, I discover in horrors, that left teammates are even worse than I. Just replay. When I died, we lead 8:0 and we were very lucky, that we didnt lost.

Did you buy the Lowe quite early for your account? I've had a look at your other tanks, and in comparison to tier VIII you've played virtually no games at lower tiers, where you also did very poorly.

Why not go back to tier V-VII and concentrate on playing a heavy tank at that tier with a goal to reach +50% winrate. Focus on learning about map control, and early decisions based on the map and team compositions.

Go to the map guides part of the forum

http://forum.worldof.../forum/37-maps/

or the player tutorials part as well.

http://forum.worldof...ayer-tutorials/

EltvilleTiger #12 Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21315 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

avr7002, thanks for being open and honest.  Dude, that took some guts to admit that you need help improving... you didn't blame everything on the rest of the team.  

Thanks for posting a Gameplay related post.  That can be a rarity these days.

Thanks to all of the posts so far as they seem to be honest (and mostly) without salt.  :)

arthurwellsley #13 Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52133 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View Postavr7002, on 18 February 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

I watched this replay. Your low win rate is down to your tactical decisions.

The game is Lakeville, south spawn. Tier X at top of 3,5,7. Your tier VIII Lowe is bottom tier, but most of both sides tier Xs are mediums. Most of the tier IX and VIII tanks on both sides are heavies. Each side has two big arty.

1. Your first decision to go to the town is correct.

2. You take a high line and are not spotted as you cross the open space to get behind the first ridge = good.

3. You get to the gap in the ridge, you spend almost three minutes from then on poking out of the ridge, pointing your gun at an enemy T55 behind a rock on the 4 line. You are not firing, you are doing nothing, plus the enemy is gaining map control = this very poor decision making.

4. Your ally in an M103 has moved more towards town but only so far as the buildings behind the gap you are in the middle of. When a bunch of enemy tier VIII and IX tanks advance to the last building in town they light him up and have a field day four against one, your poor positioning, and not supporting him, throws away your ally cheaply.

5. You wake up to the reds almost on you (late), and cross the gap to engage them (late), you are lit in the gap in the ridge, and stunned by enemy arty. Luckly for you it does little damage. Again this is due to your earlier error at 3 above.

6. You shoot the enemy T34 four times for nil damage ..... given your lengthy reload make sure you hit.

7. Your T95 ally is pushing hard and you support him - better, but your positioning could have been better. If you had kept your tank behind him, his armour would have protected you, and you are tall enough to shoot over the top of him. I am not even sure that you were aware he was to your left.

8. The T34 is finished your advance along the top road towards the church, the enemy tier IX USSR heavy has retreated from you, but as you come out onto the green above the church you look down the hill with your gun towards the 4 line. Why? that heavy will not be there, he will be above that position, he punishes you with a shoot for looking in the wrong place.

9. You engage the USSR heavy, get two good shots into his lower plate from behind a row of houses, but take damage.

10. On his death you immediately rush out into the open and die to enemy arty. Why not count to 10 before leaving the buildings so that you are no longer spotted? The enemy team at that point were 2 arty and remaining tds.

So poor positioning, both as to where you go (on the map), and with the T95 how you angle and positions you place your tank in with regard to nearby allies, shooting when you cannot get a penetration (4 shoots into T34 nil damage, 12 second reload = 36 seconds of game nil damage), after the tier IX kill not reading the remaining enemy list (spg & td) and rushing out into an open space while still lit.

Long_range_sniper makes some very good suggestions. So good I feel that they are worth repeating;

Did you buy the Lowe quite early for your account? I've had a look at your other tanks, and in comparison to tier VIII you've played virtually no games at lower tiers, where you also did very poorly.

Why not go back to tier V-VII and concentrate on playing a heavy tank at that tier with a goal to reach +50% winrate. Focus on learning about map control, and early decisions based on the map and team compositions.

Go to the map guides part of the forum

http://forum.worldof.../forum/37-maps/

or the player tutorials part as well.

http://forum.worldof...ayer-tutorials/

Edited by arthurwellsley, 18 February 2018 - 12:07 PM.

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #14 Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9513 battles
This is how it should be. Its great to see someone being helped.

avr7002 #15 Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32302 battles

Yes, Löwe is my first tank. Past then I knew only general rules for start. On first battle in Malinovka I thought, that to win I have to drive to enemy base circle. After battle starts, I drive straight over open field, toward enemy base, with my Löwe.  All were shocked, all comes out and shooting themselves to death, ignoring me. So, I managed to drive over field, to base circle. There was nobody. Wonder, why it is not already win? I had no idea. Maybe I must break flag? Broke, but still not win? Maybe I must destroy enemy head quarter? So, I drive out of enemy base circle and start destroying nearby buildings, until we lost. First 500 battles I drive my Löwe with empty slots, I dont know, how to fill slots. This time my wr was 44%.  Then I read in forum Garbad proposal, that 44 players should be banned, and start to improve my wr to 45. Now I had reached to 46 and wonder, is Löwe wr is just occasional? I drive my Löwe at MOE1 level. It is huge difference. Better than 65% others Löwe players, but 46 wr, on very long run. Do I have to drive Löwe at MOE2 level to reach 47 wr? And MOE 3 level to reach 48 wr? Löwe is not bad tank after past updates, but win or lost depend, what is your team TD-s and Arty-s RNG. Unless you are very good player to carry team.

314WTNK #16 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30143 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
u have to be usefull for ur team to get a good wr. playing at moe2 level will not be enough as long as u dont support ur teammates with ur hp armor or other things

Axelfoley666 #17 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23043 battles
  • [TWD] TWD
Agree, this is a good post and how the forum should be. Nice to see helpful posts but still a few posters that just can't seem to help themselves with the odd jab here and there.

Shivva #18 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29809 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View PostAxelfoley666, on 18 February 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

Agree, this is a good post and how the forum should be. Nice to see helpful posts but still a few posters that just can't seem to help themselves with the odd jab here and there.

Folk need a couple of jabs to snap them out of this 'I'm not a burden to my team' mantra that the bad players keep repeating.

Axelfoley666 #19 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23043 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostShivva, on 18 February 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

Folk need a couple of jabs to snap them out of this 'I'm not a burden to my team' mantra that the bad players keep repeating.

Agree, but some folk on this forum just want to watch the world burn and jab even those that are REALLY looking for help.

malachi6 #20 Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50462 battles

View PostFAME_skill4ltu, on 18 February 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

when u dont know how to play a tank after 8k battles nobody can help u

This, right here, is the single most asinine comment any intelligent person can make.  It shows a complete lack of understanding of how people can learn. It is also indicative of the average WoT boor's attitude to the game and the people they play with.

@ shivva,  Constructive criticism is one thing cheap shots is just schadenfreude. 

Edited by malachi6, 18 February 2018 - 02:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users