Light Tank Missions - How hard is these days?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

albee9 #1 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63643 battles
  • [ACIDO] ACIDO

So I did all the personal missions for the light tanks months ago, I think just before the tier 10 light tanks were introduced. Thank God I did so. I just find so hard these days to spot for more than 5k. I think the problem is the 'nerf' on the light tanks, as the tier VII cannot see tier 10 and tier VIII can only see 3 tier X max, there is not enough HP in a match for those tanks. Probably the best light tanks for spotting are tier 9, but even so, they only see five tier X maximum in a match. And tier X light tanks are not good as light tanks, they cannot spot better than a tier X medium tank with a good crew most of the times.

So I wonder how people are doing these missions these days? And if WG is planning to do something about it?

I never liked the light tank nerf, I think WG changes to light tanks over the last 3 years have made this type of tanks worse scouts.
So what do you think?

Btw, I love the new french e-wally, imo this is what scout tanks should be in the game, ninja tanks that can get close to the enemies but are penalized if they try to do damage as a medium tank at the start and in the middle of a match. I love to see a version of e-wally in tier X, just with 4 shells and 10% better stats -- that would be my scout dream :-)

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Same here - despised the LT changes (and still do to some extent).

Most of the high end missions that I completed were done purely by accident, all depended on having the right tank on the right map against the right opponents.

I found trying to do them by design was nothing short of very frustrating.

divsmo #3 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:10 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32634 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Finished LT15 with honours for the 260 with the elc even last night but had to wait to get lucky and end up on fiery salient in a tier 10 game.
I think the main 2 issues with light tanks atm are the lack of open maps where scouting is possible and on the maps where scouting is possible you end up with 5 lights per team all trying to fight to get into the 2 or 3 good positions.

8126Jakobsson #4 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:12 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 66616 battles
I'd say the spotting missions are pretty much the same now. It's still about getting the right map and circumstances. Did 9.7k spotting yesterday in a tier 8 light by parking in a bush at the start and the stars aligned themselves.

Erwin_Von_Braun #5 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 18 February 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

I'd say the spotting missions are pretty much the same now. It's still about getting the right map and circumstances. Did 9.7k spotting yesterday in a tier 8 light by parking in a bush at the start and the stars aligned themselves.

'Tis nice when RNJeezus smiles on you isn't it?

9.7k spotting - wp sir, wp indeed.:medal:

Search_Warrant #6 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:49 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27201 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Should have kept the dam +3mm and reduced viewrange on other tank types to give LT there god dam purpose. outspot the enemy. but nooo. make LT's even worse after the changes and then screw them again making them worse mediums on most tiers even more. they still have no hitpoints/armor/guns but face same stuff as a medium while being worse. they dident fix sh**. give me back +3mm and buff there god dam penetration to deal with the tiers. along with viewrange nerfs to tanks like VKP with its 400 base viewrange on a god dam tier 8 HEAVY.

vasilinhorulezz #7 Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles
I was on highway, and pretty close to 5k spoting (4.7k), when a friendly Mauerbrecher rammed me and pushed me out of the bush.

Jotneblod #8 Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:24 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1007 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

They aren't hard, they are just time-consuming. Just like the TD missions, many of them have stupid clauses like "remain unspotted" that just tell you to sit in a bush and never fire your gun if there's any chance of being spotted even if it was the right play. The flaw with these missions is that they just tell you to play badly and require very specific circumstances to happen during normal gameplay.

I did complete the LT-15-4 with honors just the other day(yesterday even?) and I can't say it was particularly hard. Having played at least 1000 battles with light tanks as of late in a normal fashion, winning games and being useful but without success with the LT-15-4. I was close several times but never quite got there. I feel I was quite unlucky in a few instances but fundamentally I didn't prioritize the mission completion over playing well. Then when I finally decided to just sit in a magic bush of Malinovka I get the thing done with 2k done and 10k spotted for a total of 12k of which 7.5k spotting was done by sitting in the magic bush of Malinovka without firing my gun once and having a camper bot team and co-operative enemies who kept peeking despite being spotted every time. I have to say that it feels quite lame. At least it's done now.

Edited by Jotneblod, 18 February 2018 - 11:25 AM.

Omeron_1 #9 Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11423 battles
When zr team isnt try their best to kill you not bad, but experienced i go to bush in midle of map nice spoting my team dealing dmg all going well, then a amx 1375 parks behind me spoted afkorse, and a med tank does the same, i dont need te tell u how that went do i?

Homer_J #10 Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postalbee9, on 18 February 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

So I did all the personal missions for the light tanks months ago, I think just before the tier 10 light tanks were introduced. Thank Goodness I did so. I just find so hard these days to spot for more than 5k. I think the problem is the 'nerf' on the light tanks, as the tier VII cannot see tier 10 and tier VIII can only see 3 tier X max, there is not enough HP in a match for those tanks.

I don't see how introducing tier X lights would make any difference, you just use a top tier light (tier X) instead of what was then a top tier light (tier VIII).

mortalsatsuma #11 Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13242 battles

I'm currently trying to complete LT-15-1 with honours as it's the only mission left in the first group I haven't completed with honours and whilst it doesn't seem too hard(3K spotting) and I do have a number of LTs (T71 DA, AMX 13-75 and AMX 13-57) it seems like quite a 'luck of the draw' as if you get the wrong type of map, it's pretty much impossible to complete. 

The thing I really don't like is how for spotting, you're relying on teammates the majority of whom seem to be brain-dead. I have had multiple games now on maps such as Malinovka where I have lit up half the enemy team on a flank by passive scouting and my allies have for one reason or another just not bothered shooting them.  

Edited by mortalsatsuma, 19 February 2018 - 12:54 PM.

Simeon85 #12 Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

I'd say they are easier than before thanks to tier 10 lights, especially ones where your damage counts like LT-15.

I have pretty much gone through all the secondaries of missions I hadn't previously completed without trying and have now done almost all LT missions for all four tanks with honours. 

PointZero #13 Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43443 battles

If they seek to improve the next set of personal missions (soontm) they should get rid of the "remain unspotted" condition since standing still in a bush with camo net and binoculars active isn't a skill. Making the missions achievable both by active and passive spotting would benefit players who prefer one style over the other and hopefully emphasize the importance of trying to extend your teams viewrange in late game when the enemy lines have been thinned out and there's just a few campers left to dig out from a corner. It would also allow players to take calculated risks like exposing their turret over a ridgeline for a few seconds to get some spots for the team.

Other major improvement would be to always choose Assistance damage over Spotting damage as the metric that is being measured in a mission. That way even if you land on a city map like Paris with your LT you still have a theoretical chance of completing some of the missions by detracking tanks your team has managed to isolate and overpower.

Hedgehog1963 #14 Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51287 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

I managed to spot in 7.5 k for LT-15 for the HTC a long time ago (it doesn't need that much). The LTTB was a Tier VII tank still, arty had not been reworked and I spotted it in from the magic bush for the south spawn on Prokhorovka/salient. I didn't understand that I could add my own damage as well.

I've been trying to get LT-15 for the T55A since shortly after and managed it a couple of weeks ago.  T-54lwt.  Same map, same spawn, same bush only towards the end I had to go looking for approx 600 damage.  I got an MOE as well.

IMO the Lt-15 missions are really very hard.  I don't think they should be easy,.

baribal_80 #15 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21540 battles

View Postalbee9, on 18 February 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

So I did all the personal missions for the light tanks months ago, I think just before the tier 10 light tanks were introduced. Thank God I did so. I just find so hard these days to spot for more than 5k. I think the problem is the 'nerf' on the light tanks, as the tier VII cannot see tier 10 and tier VIII can only see 3 tier X max, there is not enough HP in a match for those tanks. Probably the best light tanks for spotting are tier 9, but even so, they only see five tier X maximum in a match. And tier X light tanks are not good as light tanks, they cannot spot better than a tier X medium tank with a good crew most of the times.

So I wonder how people are doing these missions these days? And if WG is planning to do something about it?

I never liked the light tank nerf, I think WG changes to light tanks over the last 3 years have made this type of tanks worse scouts.
So what do you think?

Btw, I love the new french e-wally, imo this is what scout tanks should be in the game, ninja tanks that can get close to the enemies but are penalized if they try to do damage as a medium tank at the start and in the middle of a match. I love to see a version of e-wally in tier X, just with 4 shells and 10% better stats -- that would be my scout dream :-)

Doing 5k spot is super easy. 

TheR3dBaron #16 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34354 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

Also completed quite a few Object 260 light missions lately. So I'm done with it now. Grinding had been on a halt and only got resumed to research the tier 10 tanks. Nearly done grinding all tier 10 scouts and got nearly all missions with honours now.

I think the light missions are the easiest of all provided you have decent crews.

The introduction of the ELC EVEN 90 makes them even easier I think. Alternatively, get the tier 10 Russian scout if you are having issues. A larger hit pool, makes it easier.

Simeon85 #17 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles
Tier 10 lights plus Grand Battles also makes it easier, there is around 55,000 HP in those games, getting 5-6k spotting is not that hard

ironcross39tr #18 Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34424 battles
  • [CMYK] CMYK
For the last light tank mission to get Obj260 I used amx 13-90. For this mission I put coated optics and binocular together plus camo net. In tier 10 game match I made 13000 spot by passive scout. I think It was my record for spotting. I really like light tanks so I try to learn good spotting spots in every map. By the way in this game all enemy tanks just camp in their base waiting for us. I just close them and open binocular ıt was enough to take them down in a 2 minutes. I was luck for this game  

Enforcer1975 #19 Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I rarely see LT get a lot of spotting damage lately. For one most of them yolo and two, many players don't shoot spotted tanks because they camp too far behind. I only remember one game where a player in a iirc RU had over 5k spotting but 0 damage done. He survived by running away and i almost got him in the end but our bots capped out...i spotted for my team too and got over 5k dmg, almost 3.3k assist and patrol duty....in the T30.

OneSock #20 Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34970 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

you need to get campinovka, with a LT +BINOs +CAMOnet. park in a good bush in the middle and hope to god their LTs don't have the same idea.

with luck you will spot most of their campers in the usual positions.

In my experience all other maps are hard mode, because the campers are too dumb to move into positions to shoot your spots. eg. 1 line on Prokhorovka they sit too far back so cannot hit what you light up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users