Regarding the Tiger I's new HD Model,

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Desyatnik_Pansy #1 Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:31 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

How does this look (ignore the blatant texture issues at the moment, all I've done is edit the model thus far and this just a test version). All I've done is modify the hull slightly (nothing more) with regards to some of the complaints I've seen about it.

Spoiler

I believe the main complaint was to do with the mudguards and whatnot, namely the missing ones. I've replaced them all with the 217 Parts (just patching the holes with the 217 Parts wouldn't have looked good IMO, so I opted to just switch them entirely). The missing tracks were re-added, as was the missing engine cover, and I also just modified some of the other minor details such as the shovel on the front of the tank, or some other small stuff.

I recall some people also didn't like the StG 44 Attached to the tracks on the turret. Heck some people probably would prefer the clean turret with no tracks, but not sure I really want to attempt that since it would require attempting to completely fix the missing space left by the tracks. That's not impossible, but it's extra stuff I'd rather not have to do (I could just test the idea of swapping it to the 131 Turret and reskinning it Panzergrau but I fear that would not match the rest of the tank's textures).

The only thing I'm not personally a fan of is the tow cable. Due to the damaged right mudguard on the original model, it looks fine but I had to bend it a little to not clip into the replaced mudguard, which makes it look pretty bad IMHO. I'm considering removing it and just mounting the tow cable as it normally would appear.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 19 February 2018 - 02:23 AM.

mortalsatsuma #2 Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13101 battles
Yeah, not really getting all the hate the new HD model is getting tbh. I like it. What I would like to see is an ability to customise our own tanks, add bits and pieces etc. Would be nice to have a bit of customisation beyond painting tanks stupid colours. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postmortalsatsuma, on 18 February 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

Yeah, not really getting all the hate the new HD model is getting tbh. I like it. What I would like to see is an ability to customise our own tanks, add bits and pieces etc. Would be nice to have a bit of customisation beyond painting tanks stupid colours. 

I don't like the missing tracks or the log personally. Don't care about the reasons really behind them, I just prefer the look of it with tracks on the lower front and no log on the side. :P

Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:25 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Updated the images in the OP. Removed the tow hook that extends over the front hull and replaced it with the appropriate one from the 217 To match both the original Tiger's appearance and because, as I said in the OP, I wasn't a fan of the hook extending over the front hull.

Spoiler

Maschinenkanone #5 Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35422 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

I like the skin. But please, dont be as silly as the WG team. Remove the Stg-44. It's not plausible to have firearms hanging at the outside of a tank being happily exposed to all kind of weather conditions. It's not only nonsensical. It's actually stupid.

Simeon85 #6 Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:57 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles
I like the new Tiger model but giving you a like for the quality of the work anyway and all modders in games should be appreciated. 

Axelfoley666 #7 Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21943 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostSimeon85, on 19 February 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

I like the new Tiger model but giving you a like for the quality of the work anyway and all modders in games should be appreciated. 

This.

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:16 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostMaschinenkanone, on 19 February 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

I like the skin.

Remodel, just correcting that. It's a small thing that ticks me off when people call a remodel a skin. :P

View PostMaschinenkanone, on 19 February 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

But please, dont be as silly as the WG team. Remove the Stg-44. It's not plausible to have firearms hanging at the outside of a tank being happily exposed to all kind of weather conditions. It's not only nonsensical. It's actually stupid.

I haven't actually touched the turret files at all hence why I haven't tried removing it. After the initial post I went back and redid the model from scratch just to fix some small clipping and whatnot, as well as replace the tow cable.

This isn't finished at all, but I'm having FastestClassic (NA Modder) reskin the extra parts to Panzergrau for me and this is just a preview version of the 217. I'll have to actually compare parts when I have the textures.

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #9 Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:42 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 19 February 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

I haven't actually touched the turret files at all hence why I haven't tried removing it. After the initial post I went back and redid the model from scratch just to fix some small clipping and whatnot, as well as replace the tow cable.

Removed the StG 44. There's some small textures issues on the tracks as a result, but nothing that shouldn't be unfixable. Hopefully no AO Problems, as though not impossible to fix, they're just much more annoying to.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 19 February 2018 - 10:42 PM.

Dava_117 #10 Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18559 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

That's a fantastic art work! Like your model a lot! 

Really good job! :medal:

Desyatnik_Pansy #11 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:36 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 19 February 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Removed the StG 44. There's some small textures issues on the tracks as a result, but nothing that shouldn't be unfixable. Hopefully no AO Problems, as though not impossible to fix, they're just much more annoying to.

This has been fixed now, so I'd say the turret is done. Next on the plan is to fix the textures where the log is now missing and then it'll just be reskinning 217 and 131 Parts to match the original model's Panzergrau.

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #12 Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Not sure if I'm ready to upload it, there's a few things that might still need fixing but nonetheless.

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #13 Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:43 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

So pardon that I forgot to actually assign textures before exporting.

Anyway, I forgot about these engine cover things which I recall seeing a few complaints about so I'm going to in theory replace them unless I run into some problems. Sadly to do so I'm going to have to recreate the actual model again since opening the already done model in Blender creates some smoothing issues that are really annoying. After that, all there is to do is fix the camomask on the sideskirts slightly and I'll make a separate thread for the download when it's done.

Simeon85 #14 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 22 February 2018 - 02:43 AM, said:

Anyway, I forgot about these engine cover things which I recall seeing a few complaints about 

Aren't they correct though? Looking at some pictures the model seems to be correct to me. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSimeon85, on 22 February 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

Aren't they correct though? Looking at some pictures the model seems to be correct to me. 

All of our Tiger variants have the wire mesh engine covers (or whatever), like the HT No. VI (using this over the others since I can actually preview it without owning it) except for this new model (even the old model had them) 

Spoiler

I remember seeing in one of the threads about the new model (I can't be bothered digging it up tho) someone made mention of the lack of these and looking at them, I personally would agree it would be better if I re-added them.

Desyatnik_Pansy #16 Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Ignore some of the texture issues that are back since I added the new engine deck stuff and also switched from my own textures to the redone ones by FastestClassic. Anyway, which looks better. This:

Spoiler

or this,

Spoiler

I'm personally towards the latter.

Desyatnik_Pansy #17 Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:06 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 24 February 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

Ignore some of the texture issues that are back since I added the new engine deck stuff and also switched from my own textures to the redone ones by FastestClassic. Anyway, which looks better. This:

Spoiler

or this,

Spoiler

I'm personally towards the latter.

Well, further delayed since I have to redo it once more tomorrow. Feels bad man, but it's my fault for missing this.

Spoiler

If it isn't immediately obvious, let me highlight it.

Where you see the red square, you can see a little circle thing that I'm not going to pretend to know what the heck that is. However, there's supposed to be one on the other side too (the blue square), albeit it's missing as I must have accidentally deleted it. Thus, the tow cable or whatever is floating and since I can't just edit the model as is without causing smoothing issues, I have to restart it again. It's always the small but obvious things that you miss. :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users