Jump to content


Update 1.0: The Second Beta — HD Garage, Glacier Map, and Music


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:34 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 26,440
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Discover the remastered Garage, a new Nordic map and see details you’ve never noticed before.

The full text of the news item

SyJoMa #2 Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:29 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25227 battles
  • 93
  • Member since:
    01-03-2015
I'll quote myself from the Status report blog:
 

Block Quote

 SJ

The Karelia map must be based on some random location in the current Karelia oblast rather than the actual battle locations of WW2 as WG says the theme is based on russian and slavic epics… The parts of Karelia where battles were fought have been habited by ppl who were not russian. They spoke finnish, their folk music is considered to be part of the finnish folk song tradition. Anyways, nice soundtracs, will keep battle music on after 1.0

 

But despite the unsuited soundtrack, nice job. The new "garage" is great.


Edited by SyJoMa, 19 February 2018 - 12:34 PM.


Gremlin182 #3 Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 49263 battles
  • 8,251
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Normally have music turned off but some appropriate music from the period would be good.

 

 



kalo_voli #4 Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:29 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 62867 battles
  • 22
  • [V4VDZ] V4VDZ
  • Member since:
    10-13-2015

I got hit twice from a long distance and I had only a graphic info (red arrow) that somebody shot me - no sound. 

I had to pay attention to the info panel in order to see that half my HP was gone.

Then, all the shells fired from a short distance could be heard when they hit me.

Happened once, I'll keep an eye on it, next days, and I'll post again.

*Default sound, nothing changed in settings.

 



Send_Him_Off #5 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8303 battles
  • 54
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013
Maybe with this new garage update, add in some garage party system? When you're in a platoon you can see the tanks people are readied up in on the HUD.. Be cool if they also showed up inside your garage too! Sort of like it is in Rocket League. Good idea?

Sael_ #6 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:47 PM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 749 battles
  • 605
  • Member since:
    09-26-2016

View Postkalo_voli, on 20 February 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

I got hit twice from a long distance and I had only a graphic info (red arrow) that somebody shot me - no sound. 

I had to pay attention to the info panel in order to see that half my HP was gone.

Then, all the shells fired from a short distance could be heard when they hit me.

Happened once, I'll keep an eye on it, next days, and I'll post again.

*Default sound, nothing changed in settings.

 


It is an issue we are aware of, the devs are already working to fix it :)
 

View PostSend_Him_Off, on 21 February 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

Maybe with this new garage update, add in some garage party system? When you're in a platoon you can see the tanks people are readied up in on the HUD.. Be cool if they also showed up inside your garage too! Sort of like it is in Rocket League. Good idea?

 

Yes, good idea - sounds like a lot of fun. Will include it in the report to the devs :)

sutyomatic #7 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:05 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 48519 battles
  • 619
  • [GC] GC
  • Member since:
    03-07-2011

View PostSael_, on 21 February 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:


It is an issue we are aware of, the devs are already working to fix it :)
 

 

Yes, good idea - sounds like a lot of fun. Will include it in the report to the devs :)

 

Any news when will be the CT servers up again? ATM they are down, possible 3rd update coming in?

NoPoet406 #8 Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:40 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 2441 battles
  • 502
  • [USAW] USAW
  • Member since:
    07-01-2016
The new theme tune sounds awful. There is a reason why orchestral music (like the original) has been famous for centuries and modern era music (like the messy new version) is outdated within ten years.

THETALENT #9 Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:23 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1938 battles
  • 7
  • [BA-JU] BA-JU
  • Member since:
    02-05-2018
Thanks, WOT  Finally something interesting




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users