Jump to content


G.W. Panther or S-51?


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Condono #1 Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10028 battles
  • 423
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

Which is better? And how? 

 

Please, I am doing this just doing for campaign mission, please, dont hit me! StoP! No!  I am not skypig! WG MADE ME do them! NO ! NOT IN THE FACE! My mom g**?!??! No u!


Edited by Condono, 19 February 2018 - 12:51 PM.


TheFurst #2 Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12722 battles
  • 162
  • [HD16] HD16
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

Haha :D

 

Id say S-51 since you can get it via the KV-2, which is never a bad approach of wasting time.



Condono #3 Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10028 battles
  • 423
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

View PostTheFurst, on 19 February 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

Haha :D

 

Id say S-51 since you can get it via the KV-2, which is never a bad approach of wasting time.

 

I do have S-51 but the gun arc is so small and I have to move entire tank... while GW panthers gun arc is enormous. So it made me think that maybe I should go for GW panther since I don't have to move myself every 10 seconds. Or am I wrong?

Edited by Condono, 19 February 2018 - 01:03 PM.


LIL_Veky #4 Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:10 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7916 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    10-31-2015
None. Arty is cancer.

Condono #5 Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10028 battles
  • 423
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

View PostLIL_Veky, on 19 February 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

None. Arty is cancer.

 

 ​*googles Top 10 good things about having cancer*

 



Agent_327 #6 Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 17204 battles
  • 456
  • [CAF] CAF
  • Member since:
    09-20-2010
GW Panther is awesome! But note that is the last fast maneuverable arty in that tech tree. I dropped that line when I got to the GW Tiger (P) you are stuck where you spawn:amazed:

Condono #7 Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10028 battles
  • 423
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

View PostAgent_327, on 19 February 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

GW Panther is awesome! But note that is the last fast maneuverable arty in that tech tree. I dropped that line when I got to the GW Tiger (P) you are stuck where you spawn:amazed:

 

Well, that was my original plan after all. I read that you don't need to go past tier7 to finish the arty missions since they are all do-able there.

TheFurst #8 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12722 battles
  • 162
  • [HD16] HD16
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015
Pardon, my only argument is the KV-2, i dont have anything else to offer since i dont play the class.

Lord_Edge #9 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5987 battles
  • 834
  • Member since:
    11-26-2016

View PostTheFurst, on 19 February 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

Id say S-51 since you can get it via the KV-2, which is never a bad approach of wasting time.

 

This is what I did, picked it up via KV-2 xp so I could do arty missions, the S-51 is a great artillery piece and if you get in a good position you can do some mental support for your team but it does have the huge downside that the stock gun is better (more dpm, more stun, etc) than the top one AND the next vehicle in the line is effectively the same thing with a roof, so it will be a long time until you see anything resembling progress for your work if you go down that line.



dolnodon #10 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17646 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    03-13-2014

View PostCondono, on 19 February 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

Which is better? And how? 

 

Please, I am doing this just doing for campaign mission, please, dont hit me! StoP! No!  I am not skypig! WG MADE ME do them! NO ! NOT IN THE FACE! My mom g**?!??! No u!

 

definitely go for G.W.Panther, due to gun arc and reload, I have the S-51 and it is frustrating like hell.

Gremlin182 #11 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:11 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 49244 battles
  • 8,243
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

When I was choosing SPGs for the personal missions I made a point of stopping at the point they had usable firing arcs 8 or 10 degrees sounds just too painful.

GW Panther M44 and AMX 13 F3 AM is where I ended up though I will continue up the french line eventually for the 360 turret.

No mad rush for me though as long as I have enough orders to do the SPG personal missions I will not bother playing them.



P33K #12 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 21679 battles
  • 78
  • Member since:
    03-26-2015
GW Panther is great, but if you are doing the missions for HTC or up, you will want at least GW Tiger (p). Especially for stun duration.

krismorgan #13 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:28 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32805 battles
  • 404
  • [UKT] UKT
  • Member since:
    10-18-2013

View Postdolnodon, on 19 February 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

 

definitely go for G.W.Panther, due to gun arc and reload, I have the S-51 and it is frustrating like hell.

 

as above.

MeNoobTank #14 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12047 battles
  • 450
  • [R3L4X] R3L4X
  • Member since:
    02-16-2017
I had both, and for me G.W. Panther was way better that S-51. Now I am on G.W. Tiger (P) and is not as good imo. the mobility is nonexistent.

Strappster #15 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:50 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24898 battles
  • 9,639
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

S-51 has much more alpha and better pen but the reload is twice as long as the GWP's, it's nowhere near as accurate and as you've noted, the gun arc is virtually non-existent.

 

That said, the GWP suffers from not having enough thump to deliver on some of the later arty missions, the ones where you have to stun for 150s, delivery 3k damage, etc. I don't mean that it can't do those missions, more that it's probably going to require more work (or a luckier draw) to get them done.

 

If you're already part-way up the German arty line, the GWP is a good place to stop. I wouldn't start playing German arty in order to get the GWP if it'd be a new line for missions, however, I'd play the US instead. Or the French, if you enjoy relocating.



P33K #16 Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 21679 battles
  • 78
  • Member since:
    03-26-2015

View PostStrappster, on 19 February 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

S-51 has much more alpha and better pen but the reload is twice as long as the GWP's, it's nowhere near as accurate and as you've noted, the gun arc is virtually non-existent.

 

That said, the GWP suffers from not having enough thump to deliver on some of the later arty missions, the ones where you have to stun for 150s, delivery 3k damage, etc. I don't mean that it can't do those missions, more that it's probably going to require more work (or a luckier draw) to get them done.

 

If you're already part-way up the German arty line, the GWP is a good place to stop. I wouldn't start playing German arty in order to get the GWP if it'd be a new line for missions, however, I'd play the US instead. Or the French, if you enjoy relocating.

 

German tier 8-10 arties are pretty good, even the most immobile (P). But ofc you dont really know it, since u never had them.



Balc0ra #17 Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66609 battles
  • 16,623
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
GW is a good all rounder for missions. But S-51 with the stock gun has a faster ROF, more alpha and a longer max stun time. So if you want to do stun missions, pick the S-51. For everything else, pick the GW.

Strappster #18 Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:32 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24898 battles
  • 9,639
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostP33K, on 19 February 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

German tier 8-10 arties are pretty good, even the most immobile (P). But ofc you dont really know it, since u never had them.

 

Do you know what the "test server" is? Does the name convey even the slightest bit of information to you? :rolleyes:



Bordhaw #19 Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:27 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 11747 battles
  • 2,649
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostCondono, on 19 February 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

Which is better? And how? 

 

Please, I am doing this just doing for campaign mission, please, dont hit me! StoP! No!  I am not skypig! WG MADE ME do them! NO ! NOT IN THE FACE! My mom g**?!??! No u!

 

Out of those two the GW Panther but I'd choose US arty. 

Condono #20 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:44 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10028 battles
  • 423
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

*Falls down, moaning in pain* Ahhh! I never knew people were so bad!  Arty view really gives you view of truth, it is truly the pinnacle of clarity. Person who has this view is really a god. You can observe foolish tomatoes in the natural habitat as you fire away your shells and then observe them again for 30 seconds. Honestly, I am not good but this truly god given gift really opened up my mind to what is going on on battlefield when I am driving around in my peasent third person view tank. Thank you wargaming for giving me this godly ability.

 

*moaning continues with 41% winrate grille* *turns into a skypig*






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users