XVM

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

doriansky1 #21 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28540 battles
  • [SKIL1] SKIL1
XVM is the worst aspect of this game, including Type5, Obj,268 v4, Ensk map, tier 8 MM etc. Just my 2 cents.

K_A #22 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Boohoo I'm bad at the game so I want to ban all the good players who are being mean to me by winning more!

Conjugator #23 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18542 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN

this is such a bot thread to make lmao

enu_ #24 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:43 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22557 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 19 February 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

Kinda wondering though what made the 'better' players change their mind. When XVM first came into the game a lot used it and every new player was advised to install it. And now they want it gone ...

when xvm first came into game it was called otm, and it displayed damage you make on enemy tank. later they added reload timer (then people made stand alone mod without need for xvm) then added last seen position on minimap, and view range circles later on. all those mods are now in vanila client, so basically now if you want to use xvm it's the in battle stats part. WG can make vanilla client better, just don't allow client to get player names from enemy team in battle and everything will be ok. if client can't get names from server, mod can't show their stats in battle.

soul3ater #25 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18750 battles
Tbh i wouldn't mind if they removed xvm, 200 win8 players spamming gg before the game even started is really infuriating.

Junglist_ #26 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36741 battles

View PostZinomov, on 19 February 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

for those of you who don't understand what XVM is doing to the community :

1-people become addictied to stats and start playing selfishly and passively, and using their allies as meat shield even when driving heavy tanks !

2-people start to spam gold to increase their win rate and wn8 which lead to the unnecessary buff of many heavy tanks aswell as medium ones

3-people start playing overpowered tanks just to boost their stats, thus no more variety in battles, actually we have too many type 5's and T67's in the match maker, this is outrageous

Win rate is a statistic that is available in the game itself without the need for any mod and even on this website I can see anyone's win rate with one simple click. 

Then there is WGs own Personal Rating, another statistics provided by WG themselves.

By banning or removing all of the ratings and statistics it wouldn't suddenly stop all the gold spam, Im still going to spam gold at tanks I can't pen with regular regardless of the statistics, because I like dealing damage and winning games.

I would like to remove the statistics part of XVM from the game too but rest of what you're saying doesn't make much sense if you think about it for 2 minutes.

Captain_Kremen0 #27 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37064 battles
Personally I like to know who hit me and with what, especially if it's one of my "team-mates".

Captain_Kremen0 #28 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37064 battles

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 19 February 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

I've rarely seen such a huge amount of [edited]in one sentence, congrats. Peoples don't decide to "show off" their stats, it's peoples who install XVM who see everything, regardless if you want them to see your stats or not. XVM shouldn't even be able to work on client and you shouldn't be allowed to see people's names nor clan tag during the game either. I whish i could know how many times i got yolo rushed by some bots just because of my color or my clan tag.

Also, it's two different things to XVM focus like the worst degenerate and to improve on your own, which has nothing to do with seeing other ppls stats or not.

Thanks - I like congratulations nearly as much as sprouts™. Some people do like to focus on certain colours they percieve as a threat, but isn't killing the main threat a valid tactic?

Zoggo_ #29 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27806 battles

Just ban XVM in the battle. It is utterly toxic. I gave up on XVM months and I'm playing better than ever. It often puts you in a negative mindset and you bcome a self fulfilling prophecy to the poor win chance. Also I've noticed most top streamers don't use it and they doing just fine.

I'm really okay with external XVM stat websites, I really like to use Wotzilla just to see if I'm improving.

Wargaming slow to do anything about it cause they make a lot of money from try hard re roll accounts chasing a colour to their name. 

Edited by Zoggo_, 19 February 2018 - 03:04 PM.

doriansky1 #30 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28540 battles
  • [SKIL1] SKIL1

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 19 February 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

...., but isn't killing the main threat a valid tactic?

No

Jumping_TurtIe #31 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6174 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsoul3ater, on 19 February 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

Tbh i wouldn't mind if they removed xvm, 200 win8 players spamming gg before the game even started is really infuriating.

1 - how do you know they are 200 wn8 players ?

2 - why would they stop doing that ?

Roudari #32 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34124 battles

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 19 February 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

Kinda wondering though what made the 'better' players change their mind. When XVM first came into the game a lot used it and every new player was advised to install it. And now they want it gone ...

Likely because players couldnt use it properly and it made them play even worse. Instead of following their progress and growth, players started to use it for hunting, grudges, insulting, suiciding, camping, taking stupid risks and stuff like that.

Jumping_TurtIe #33 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6174 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostZoggo_, on 19 February 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

Just ban XVM in the battle. It is utterly toxic. 

XVM isnt toxic. It are the players who can not cope with the info they get who are toxic.

Roudari #34 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34124 battles

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 19 February 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

Thanks - I like congratulations nearly as much as sprouts™. Some people do like to focus on certain colours they percieve as a threat, but isn't killing the main threat a valid tactic?

Yes, taking out the main threat sounds nice but what the colors has to do with main threats? The main threat can be anyone.

Coldspell #35 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19214 battles

View PostZinomov, on 19 February 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

Good Day Everyone,

As you may already know, XVM is a popular mod among the community, and is claime to enrich the game experience of many, however most of you cannot see the devastating results of its use.

We must understand that this mod brings more harm than good to both players and most importantly to the game itself, for the only reason that the people today are becoming addicted to statistics, to the point that they rely on the numbers rather than the actual thing, keep in mind that what's on paper is one thing, and what's in practice is an other, never the less XVM has pushed many to a passive playstyle that simply destroyed the game, aswell as heavy premium round spam, and this is noticible every day that passes.

Many of us complain to WG for buffing vehicles that dosen't need those tweaks, but what you must understand is that WG would never have buffed those vehicles if the gold spam were not so massive, thus the one thing that can help us right now is to ban the XVM mod aswell as every website that usese WN8 as a mesurement for stats.

Wargaming claim that only 5% of all rounds fired are gold so that doesn't explain the powecreep.

The passive play at higher tiers is the influence of ranked. 

Prem ammo has always been an issue, the increase in tanks that have weakspots in excess of 200mm thick have increased the gold spam.

Just play down around tier V-VII where there are slightly less tard armour tanks and you will notice less gold spam...  Except for the odd t67 fail roll gold spammers. 

If I play above tier VII I just automatically assume every incoming shot will be prem ammo so I try not to be shot or I show angled tracks.

Dr_ownape #36 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 42710 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostZinomov, on 19 February 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

no matter the reasons, all mods MUST be banned and removed for good, after that we will be able to balance the game correctly

whilst i agree all mod which might show someones skill ingame that won't solve the issue.

The reason WG bring out better tanks is then people use gold to free exp to get those tanks first. XVM doesn't cause power creep - money does

Simeon85 #37 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostZinomov, on 19 February 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

for those of you who don't understand what XVM is doing to the community :

1-people become addictied to stats and start playing selfishly and passively, and using their allies as meat shield even when driving heavy tanks !

2-people start to spam gold to increase their win rate and wn8 which lead to the unnecessary buff of many heavy tanks aswell as medium ones

3-people start playing overpowered tanks just to boost their stats, thus no more variety in battles, actually we have too many type 5's and T67's in the match maker, this is outrageous

High WN8 99% of the time correlates with high win rate. Those players are most of the time better players, no metric is perfect and can be padded to an extent but generally a high wn8 player is a better team mate than a low one. 

People will also play OP tanks because they are OP and has nothing to do with stats, loads of people have no idea about XVM, Wn8 etc. but they will still flock to tanks like the Type 5 because it makes the game much much easier for them and they will win more games by just playing that tanks.

Stats are also an important self improvement tool.  I look at stats because I want to see evidence of my in game improvement or lack of it. 

Strappster #38 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I appreciate that OP started his argument by telling everyone who's going to disagree that they don't understand. It's good to get that out of the way early, we normally have 5 or 6 pages of counter-arguments before that point.

As for the actual content in this thread, meh.

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 19 February 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

... isn't killing the main threat a valid tactic?

Positioning, active movement, map awareness, team disposition, noting who's been spotted and who hasn't ... if you need some arbitrary numbers to tell you who's the main threat then by all means crack on. I'd prefer to hit the tank leading a push that might over-run our defenders than the one who's played most battles in his T67.

soul3ater #39 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18750 battles

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 19 February 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

1 - how do you know they are 200 wn8 players ?

2 - why would they stop doing that ?

I have xvm myself?

what do you mean why would they stop that? stop what? you don't make any sense.

Sergeant_Antaro_Chronus #40 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13895 battles
  • [EL-G] EL-G

XVM in terms of showing the player's skill and the % of win the team has, is shitty.

The best action this far is to remove every single mod (for a time) including the visual and sound ones. Once the mods are gone then WG can re-balance the game, without having a third party application messing with the numbers. When the re-balance has been done the WG and players (haha..) can see which mod seems to "break" the balance of the game and ban it.

For example;

• A visual and sound mod that covers your tanks with anime wifus and changes the voices with Japanese wifus voice overs isn't going to break the game since the mod affects only the player using it...that mod should be allowed.
  • A mod like XVM (part of XVM) that shows the % of the players skill and win % of the team should be banned. A bad player that sees a good player would feel that he/she has to fire gold ammo instead of having to study the weak spots and learn how to move around the map in order to flank in order to win or do damage. (of course broken tanks like the Type 5 that only needs gold to fire upon to have a chance to do some damage while it has to aim at the general area around you to crapa 500+ dmg is an other story)

Then again with all the steam rolls and massive defeats of 0-15 or 2-15 doesn't seen to favour the XVM been banned instead it boosts it's use because nowadays it gets some very accurate results.

Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users