88 replies to this topic

STLR #41 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30738 battles
  • [MIND] MIND

View PostZinomov, on 19 February 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Good Day Everyone,

As you may already know, XVM is a popular mod among the community, and is claime to enrich the game experience of many, however most of you cannot see the devastating results of its use.

We must understand that this mod brings more harm than good to both players and most importantly to the game itself, for the only reason that the people today are becoming addicted to statistics, to the point that they rely on the numbers rather than the actual thing, keep in mind that what's on paper is one thing, and what's in practice is an other, never the less XVM has pushed many to a passive playstyle that simply destroyed the game, aswell as heavy premium round spam, and this is noticible every day that passes.

Many of us complain to WG for buffing vehicles that dosen't need those tweaks, but what you must understand is that WG would never have buffed those vehicles if the gold spam were not so massive, thus the one thing that can help us right now is to ban the XVM mod aswell as every website that usese WN8 as a mesurement for stats.

I tend to disagree, altough i am not an XVM user while in game. I had XVM installed for a period but then i realised is not good for my gameplay. Still...we need to have a way to separated good players from bad . the fact that i don't like to use it in game so it won't spoil my fun of not knowing if im fighting a god or a noob, is purely for having fun at the same time.

My advice to your is NOT to use it and check your  stats after the session. Because right now you are in the middle of a problem you will not be able to solve, believe me :) there will always be better players than you and if you can't use XVM to your advantage ( like pushing with a good player along a flank or attack a low stat player from the opposing team ) then just uninstall it. Is the best choice :) 

TheFurst #42 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12722 battles
  • [HD16] HD16

Best method of dealing with xvm on the active and passive end in my opinion? - Grow up.

Solved.

Sirebellus #43 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18742 battles

View PostZe_HOFF_fverhoef, on 19 February 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

I've stopped using the xvm mod in game. Playing now has actually become a lot more fun :)

Why has it become more fun ?

The mechanics of the game haven't changed, the other 29 players haven't changed - so why has the game become more fun by not using XVM ?

Shivva #44 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29774 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View PostZinomov, on 19 February 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

Good Day Everyone,

As you may already know, XVM is a popular mod among the community, and is claime to enrich the game experience of many, however most of you cannot see the devastating results of its use.

We must understand that this mod brings more harm than good to both players and most importantly to the game itself, for the only reason that the people today are becoming addicted to statistics, to the point that they rely on the numbers rather than the actual thing, keep in mind that what's on paper is one thing, and what's in practice is an other, never the less XVM has pushed many to a passive playstyle that simply destroyed the game, aswell as heavy premium round spam, and this is noticible every day that passes.

Many of us complain to WG for buffing vehicles that dosen't need those tweaks, but what you must understand is that WG would never have buffed those vehicles if the gold spam were not so massive, thus the one thing that can help us right now is to ban the XVM mod aswell as every website that usese WN8 as a mesurement for stats.

UserZer00 #45 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9858 battles

View PostDraz_H, on 19 February 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

Let's ban all numbers from the game just to be on the safe side!

Except 0 and 1. The programmers need those.

UserZer00 #46 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9858 battles

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 19 February 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

I've rarely seen such a huge amount of [edited]in one sentence, congrats. Peoples don't decide to "show off" their stats, it's peoples who install XVM who see everything, regardless if you want them to see your stats or not. XVM shouldn't even be able to work on client and you shouldn't be allowed to see people's names nor clan tag during the game either. I whish i could know how many times i got yolo rushed by some bots just because of my color or my clan tag.

Also, it's two different things to XVM focus like the worst degenerate and to improve on your own, which has nothing to do with seeing other ppls stats or not.

You are guving the "bots" way too much credit if you think they are yolo-ing you based on clan tag or stats.

I'm sure it's much more likely that they are doing it because you happen to be the on in front of them

Good players say they get focused because of XVM.

Light tanks say they get focused because they are one shots or a threat to arty

Heavies say they get focused because they are easy targets

Arty say they get focused because they are arty

XVM or not, people are going to see what they want.

I just want them to implement an insta ban to anyone who reacts to a bad MM balance (negative comment in chat, drowning, etc).

Aside from that I can take or leave XVM. (Since I'm lazy and don't want to bother updating it each patch I mostly leave it)

Edited by UserZer00, 19 February 2018 - 04:36 PM.

IncandescentGerbil #47 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
A lot of people who play online games are by definition loners with low self-esteem. They need validation, and likely wouldn't play the game without the ability to flaunt their stats. That wannabe attitude also promotes gold spam. Can't ever see it being banned.

Strappster #48 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 19 February 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

A lot of people who play online games are by definition loners with low self-esteem. They need validation, and likely wouldn't play the game without the ability to flaunt their stats. That wannabe attitude also promotes gold spam. Can't ever see it being banned.

2003 called, they'd like their preconceptions back. :rolleyes:

malachi6 #49 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49636 battles
Another poster confusing XVM with WN8.  One is an interface mod.  The other is a stats display shown by XVM. I use XVM, I do not use WN8.

Geno1isme #50 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42054 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostZinomov, on 19 February 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

You got that backwards: WG is buffing tanks because they want people to spam more gold. Because more gold = more profit for WG. Nothing to do with XVM or WN8.

Jumping_Turtle #51 Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60855 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postsoul3ater, on 19 February 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

what do you mean why would they stop that? stop what? you don't make any sense.

Why would they stop saying gg without xvm

soul3ater #52 Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18750 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 19 February 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

Why would they stop saying gg without xvm

because they won't have access to people's stats and stupid win chance?

I don't really get the point of your questions. you can't be this dense. 

BicycleOfDeath #53 Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15533 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 19 February 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

Couldn't agree more, good stats and gold ammo are for insecure nerds with noodle arms, real men don't need any of that. Anyway, back to bench pressing this school bus full of supermodels

Warhawk1984 #54 Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Clan Diplomat
  • 16268 battles

For me the biggest problem is the win chance % people see the 5% win chance and give up before the fight even starts all you get is some idiot with a wn rating of around 1500 shouting abuse to everyone on the team while they just sit back next to arty saying there is no point.

remove the win chance and let the battle flow naturally you may be surprised by the result.

Also anyone who shouts abuse at people in game because of stats should be chat banned for a hour as a first offence 24 hours for 2nd offence 1 hour game play ban for 3rd offence 24 hour game ban for 4th offence reset weekly

I am sick of the get cancer/ebola crap that comes out these kids mouths and having lost family members to cancer i wouldn't wish it on anyone and to say it over people stats in a online game is sicking and borderline cyber bullying    

Sirebellus #55 Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18742 battles

View PostWarhawk1984, on 19 February 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

For me the biggest problem is the win chance % people see the 5% win chance and give up before the fight even starts all you get is some idiot with a wn rating of around 1500 shouting abuse to everyone on the team while they just sit back next to arty saying there is no point.

remove the win chance and let the battle flow naturally you may be surprised by the result.

never saw a win chance lower than 10% myself but I assume it can happen.

These days though a standard XVM installation doesn't give you a Win Chance (and hasn't for nearly a year), but there are additional mods which give your teams % of the total WN8 of the players in the game (which is presumably all that the Win Chance was in the first place)

HaZardeur #56 Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33257 battles
I used XVM myself till about 2 years ago... if people like their screen to look like the cockpit of a space ship... fine by me but give me the right as ( now ) vanilla user to op out in general settings.

Zinomov #57 Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20517 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN

last time i used XVM was in 2015, man that was aweful

the garage features are nice, but in game its horrible

ApocalypseSquad #58 Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26378 battles

View PostWarhawk1984, on 19 February 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

Also anyone who shouts abuse at people in game because of stats should be chat banned for a hour as a first offence 24 hours for 2nd offence 1 hour game play ban for 3rd offence 24 hour game ban for 4th offence reset weekly

I am sick of the get cancer/ebola crap that comes out these kids mouths and having lost family members to cancer i wouldn't wish it on anyone and to say it over people stats in a online game is sicking and borderline cyber bullying  

I have seen this once.  Once in twenty-odd thousand games.  And then we won easily despite the complete absence of one of our top tier heavies.  I think it is a much over-stated problem.

I personally like XVM, it adds a lot of colour to the encounter.  I get to play "predict the winner" based on everyone's stats (best algorithm so far? - count the tomatoes.  Fewest tomatoes wins.  Much more reliable than counting unicums.)

Does it effect my targeting choices? - If I am being honest, yes, I think it does.  But not always the same way.  First of all it only really applies when I am playing the occasional arty game, I don't think it has any impact on (my)  tank to tank encounters.  I don't usually have a wide choice of targets.  However in arty, first of all there has to be a choice of targets in the area I am pre-aimed.  I am not going to blow my aim circle just to target someone else.  However if I have a choice of target, then their stats may become a factor.  If I have a choice of a unicum or a tomato, if the unicum is in a slow moving heavy, then he is going to get my shot.  He's dangerous and heavies are a priority arty target anyway. However if said unicum is in a medium or light, then the tomato probably gets the shell regardless of what he is driving.

Why? - Well, tomatoes have a tendency to sit there in the open.  It's a guaranteed hit and a gun out of the game for a while at least.  Unicums move too well.  It's one of the reasons they are unicums I guess.  They are bloody hard to hit and unpredictable.  I would rather take the guaranteed damage rather than risk a likely miss...

<edited for typo>

Edited by ApocalypseSquad, 19 February 2018 - 06:50 PM.

HeidenSieker #59 Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostZinomov, on 19 February 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Good Day Everyone,

Various posters have in the past said "Stop XVM from showing in-game stats for the opposition team". I tend to agree with them. The rest of XVM does not seem to interfere with play or give users an advantage.

vasilinhorulezz #60 Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22794 battles

View PostCrazyTracks, on 19 February 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

Likely because players couldnt use it properly and it made them play even worse. Instead of following their progress and growth, players started to use it for hunting, grudges, insulting, suiciding, camping, taking stupid risks and stuff like that.

And how exactly is this the mods fault?

XVM is a tool, and as a tool it is only as strong as it's user.

If you use it to suicide at the start of the game because "it's lost GG"

it's your own fault.

Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users