• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Jumping_TurtIe #81 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6246 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 20 February 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

The bit that confuses me more is why WG don’t consider it bad for gameplay and therefore illegal.

My guess is that a lot more use and like it than people not liking it and complaining.

VonGoofy #82 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:31 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34846 battles
XVM is cool. XVM is not responsible for ego's and personal addiction to stats. It's a good mod to track your record over time and see others stats so you know what to expect ingame. But if you are addicted to stats, that's on you, not the mod.

Agent_327 #83 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16920 battles
  • [CAF] CAF

I use XVM because it gives me an edge I would otherwise not have. I never give up on a battle just because i have all the reds and the enemy team is filled with greens. I use it to help me decide where to go and what to expect from a fellow tanker. But XVM also have a lot of other nice features that just makes wot a better experience. You can for instance see the amount of HP left in your team and enemy team and using that to see that you are behind even though the enemy team have less tanks left. It also have way better battle logging and post game info.

Tankers that complain before the battle have even started that we have lost, I usually recommend they uninstall XVM as they can clearly not handle it. :harp:

Yes I do use it if I have to equal valued targets to target the better player. But is that really cheating? I don't think so and it can't be removed from the game unless player statistics were removed from the website. That wont happen so better make it publicly available or even better implement it in the vanilla client.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #84 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostVonGoofy, on 20 February 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

XVM is cool. XVM is not responsible for ego's and personal addiction to stats. It's a good mod to track your record over time and see others stats so you know what to expect ingame. But if you are addicted to stats, that's on you, not the mod.

Actually, what you're talking about it probably the WN8 stat, not so much the XVM mod. XVM makes the WN8 stats (and more) visible within the battle, and therefore is less about your own ego, and more about finding the good players on both teams (and also the bad ones in your own).

VonGoofy #85 Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:04 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34846 battles

View PostZe_HOFF_fverhoef, on 20 February 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

Actually, what you're talking about it probably the WN8 stat, not so much the XVM mod. XVM makes the WN8 stats (and more) visible within the battle, and therefore is less about your own ego, and more about finding the good players on both teams (and also the bad ones in your own).

You are right of course. I was referring to the stat part of it, but I should've mention that. 

Hedgehog1963 #86 Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51287 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 20 February 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

My guess is that a lot more use and like it than people not liking it and complaining.

Yep.

Dru_UK #87 Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6562 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostIsharial, on 20 February 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

true that...

but it should fall under the "its banned" banner. purely because the advantage is there and a big one at that.

but what we all think differs and as you say, who really cares? :sceptic: its sad....

what is the big advantage? I'm struggling to see what it is?

Stohne #88 Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28495 battles

I use XVM, with the win8-stats turned off.

Best thing I've done since I installed it.

Has some other great features, though.

Warhawk1984 #89 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Clan Diplomat
  • 16268 battles

View PostWarhawk1984, on 19 February 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

For me the biggest problem is the win chance % people see the 5% win chance and give up before the fight even starts all you get is some idiot with a wn rating of around 1500 shouting abuse to everyone on the team while they just sit back next to arty saying there is no point.

remove the win chance and let the battle flow naturally you may be surprised by the result.

Also anyone who shouts abuse at people in game because of stats should be chat banned for a hour as a first offence 24 hours for 2nd offence 1 hour game play ban for 3rd offence 24 hour game ban for 4th offence reset weekly

I am sick of the get cancer/ebola crap that comes out these kids mouths and having lost family members to cancer i wouldn't wish it on anyone and to say it over people stats in a online game is sicking and borderline cyber bullying    

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 20 February 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

To those who mentioned it - you do know the win chance was removed donkeys ago?

I will stick with my original statement yes if has been years since i used XVM it made me ( a fairly average player ) a much worse player.

but regardless if win% is there or not it was never difficult to work out which team was more likely to win say you got 2 teams, team 1: 13 red stats 1 yellow and a purple for instance vs Team 2: 14 greens and 1 blue

The purple unicum on team 1 is always gonna feel like they have been shafted from the beginning of the battle and 9 times out of 10 they let that feeling well known in chat, well guess what not everyone can be pro and in the 99th percentile if they was you wouldn't be purple you would be yellow purely because you would no longer be in the 99th percentile you will be at the 50th percentile

stats make players give up before the game even begins, hell for all you know the dude with awful stats might get 2 lucky hits and ammo rack the biggest threats out there  

Edited by Warhawk1984, 20 February 2018 - 09:58 PM.

Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users