• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Smegger213 #21 Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14325 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

View PostCobra6, on 20 February 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Airstrikes are something in Skirmishes/CW's/Advances, basically an artillery strike by AI which is very powerful, completely negates armour and positioning and is basically a guaranteed damage dealer. Very annoying and not a system which should be in competitive play where things should be all about skill and not RNG.

Jap heavies, especially the higher tier HE guns are bad for this game and should be removed. Especially the premium ammo that does more damage than the regular HE ammo which is by definition Pay-2-Win, you pay money to do more damage.

Cobra 6

View PostCobra6, on 20 February 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Airstrikes are something in Skirmishes/CW's/Advances, basically an artillery strike by AI which is very powerful, completely negates armour and positioning and is basically a guaranteed damage dealer. Very annoying and not a system which should be in competitive play where things should be all about skill and not RNG.

Jap heavies, especially the higher tier HE guns are bad for this game and should be removed. Especially the premium ammo that does more damage than the regular HE ammo which is by definition Pay-2-Win, you pay money to do more damage.

Cobra 6

Is he on about the airstrikes that appear on some maps as the countdown is playing. The airstrikes that do no damage to you, but knock down a few trees etc lol.

GB3000 #22 Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18294 battles
  • [PA503] PA503

View Postsatarica, on 20 February 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

i agree with everything but removing artillery from game and reducing accuracy rng from 20 to 10(imagine derp guns without need to aim long)

artillery problem can easily be fixed by reducing them to 2 or even one single arty per team and acuracy rng is there for reason.

derp gun got better accuracy than the most german guns .. getting snap't by t49, kv2, sheridans, and derp jap-tanks is standart.

yesterday i got hit by t49 over 300m for 996dmg in my ru251  @ fullspeed  .. t49 was driving too 

edit:

2min's ago i got snapped by i-o in my t67 over 250m ... i was driving downhill @ fullspeed

Edited by GB3000, 20 February 2018 - 12:47 PM.

Technocrat_Prime #23 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 32131 battles
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-

View PostHammerhead20, on 19 February 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

Perhaps, FIX THE DAMN GAME and stop wasting your time with these maps?

​You can't fix what isn't broken. And here's a pro hint: don't whine on forums of games that you think aren't fun. Makes everybody else think you have no life.

Fodboldt #24 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 877 battles
At work, so now I finally got the time to see what this is all about :teethhappy:

Kissa_ei_kuulu_pakkaseen #25 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8485 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP
It's like a turd wrapped into nice gift box. Looks new but still same old shiet inside...

alphadec #26 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23752 battles
when will 1.0 be released. ?

NoPoet406 #27 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2444 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

It looks fantastic, although there still appears to be no word on when this is coming to the players. I would appreciate it if you put this much effort into rebalancing what's already in the game.

At present I don't like playing the higher tiers. Coming back from a week away from the game, I was struck by how high the skill level is and how horribly unbalanced the games are. If you make even slightly the wrong move, or use a tank you are not familiar with or that's not correctly equipped, you are guaranteed to be dead without doing anything in return. The lower tiers seem to be much more fun as it feels more like a game than an Instant Death Simulator, and it doesn't feel as unfair when you are constantly bottom tier, as games seem to be +/- 1, as opposed to going into tier 5-up games where you are always bottom tier in +2 games. (Who on earth is getting top tier?)

I think in the two weeks before I stopped playing, I was top tier 5 times in dozens of games and yep, you've guessed it, they were all same-tier battles. I cannot remember the last +/- 1 or 2 game where I was top tier at all.

Another thing is, for all its flaws and for all the people urging me to switch to a new tech tree, and for me agreeing to do so, the British tech tree is MY CHOSEN TREE, dammit. I want effective and fun to play tanks above tier 4. There is no light tank line from there, so my runs of up to 3300 recent wn8 in British lights stops with the Covenanter. I then have to move up to a dreadful, dreadful medium tank with no firepower, limited mobility and no overall combat effectiveness outside of the hands of a veteran. My daily wn8 in the Crusader is probably 350 at best and my win rate plummets. Russian tanks from heavier classes run rings round all British tanks except maybe the Alecto, which still has crappy acceleration off the line. And if I choose to go TD, well you ruined the AT2 - absolutely ruined it. The Archer? Don't get me started on that mess of a tank, which again requires veteran ability to play well.

There are so many things about the current game that have needed fixing for years and you aren't doing anything about it. Tiers exist below 8 - fix them. Otherwise, how do you expect new players to bother getting to your expensive favourite tiers?

Hammerhead20 #28 Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29238 battles

View PostTechnocrat_Prime, on 20 February 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

​You can't fix what isn't broken. And here's a pro hint: don't whine on forums of games that you think aren't fun. Makes everybody else think you have no life.

So, you think that this game is NOT BROKEN at all?

According to you everything is just fine, right?

And I don't think that this game is not fun. This game is fun, but not so much fun as it used to be.

Edited by Hammerhead20, 20 February 2018 - 04:33 PM.

Cobra6 #29 Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16506 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostHammerhead20, on 20 February 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

So, you think that this game is NOT BROKEN at all?

According to you everything is just fine, right?

And I don't think that this game is not fun. This game is fun, but not so much fun as it used to be.

He is the epitome of the target audience for Wargaming, a big wallet, thoroughly mediocre performance on average, dreadful performance in higher tiers, he basically bought all the premium tanks without fully understanding the gameplay itself but more importantly, the subtleties of balancing it properly.

Obviously he thinks the game is fine, it's completely aimed and balanced at players of his calibre.......

Cobra 6

th013 #30 Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41681 battles

Not impressed with map functionality, but serious issue is first game - it almost never loads in time, and today it loaded at 1:18 sec already in game (Ensk, Foch 155 was already full, luckily still alive).

Its FX-6300 with 8GB RAM + RX470 (4GB), memory is not issue, checked resmon and it shows 50% available RAM, but just loading all the files killed quite fast regular 2TB HDD.

Second game and after that usualy loading at -15 sec timer... 

Maybe you need to preload general files before first game engaged.

PanzerSjegget #31 Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:16 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 19491 battles

I think a lot of people are over thinking how to fix the game.

Premium ammo - Reduce the dmg with the same % amount as you gain pen. Don't want to aim for weak spots? Fine, but you sure as hell should have to take your sweet time getting there.

Arty - Give them support rounds like flares and smoke

Lights - reduce view range of mediums and heavies, making them relay more on the lights. What is the point when many meds and heavies can outspot the lights?(sure, it'll be unpopular, but the present state is not working).

There. Some tweaks to the MM regarding tier 8 premiums and you've got your self a damn fine game.

Kartonas #32 Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46786 battles
  • [-W-O-] -W-O-

important Q for developers:

now! on test no cheats! its great! i believe they will gone on pach 1.0 !!

then i will think to stay in game :) draw skills is good!

cheaters now crying in forums:D no cheats omg:D

Mis_fit #33 Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9764 battles

View PostKartonas, on 20 February 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

important Q for developers:

now! on test no cheats! its great! i believe they will gone on pach 1.0 !!

then i will think to stay in game :) draw skills is good!

cheaters now crying in forums:D no cheats omg:D

nope,they still here

Kartonas #34 Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46786 battles
  • [-W-O-] -W-O-

View PostMis_fit, on 20 February 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

nope,they still here

game over then

Vildkortet #35 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16350 battles
  • [BENGT] BENGT

Hi!

Im one of those premium users, that WG is supposed to favor and I enjoy the game very much. I think the new HD maps and engine is good for the game.

But I also think that work needs to be done to matchmaking. An example is when you are a tier 6 heavy tank, slow as a turtle matched up with tier 8 lights or meds that circle you and kill you in 2 shots. You bounce every shot trying to defend. This heavy tank is just food for top tier and not very useful at all. I think that you need to remake this into something better. Heavy tanks that normally are slow should always be top tier and maybe limit the amount of heavies to 3. They are intended to break enemy lines and if supported correctly by meds that flank and lights that spot it will be a good game. The worst threat to these heavies are arty and TDs. That said we need to extend view range of lights to really be useful in spotting as now even heavies are better in some tiers. Meds should be meds and not have the speed and movement of light tanks and firepower of heavy once.

And finally look at what you did to the T110E5 with a nerf that hurts. And shortly after you buffed the whole Russian tree. Now your so called re-balance is balanced on Russian tree instead. Ok, UK tree needed buff also and even Super Conqueror is better than T110E5 in every situation. I understand that as Russian developers you favor Russian tech tree but after last patch this is ridiculous. Dont you want people to play different nations? No, please rethink this path of so called re-balance. Its getting out of control with more armour, better guns and more premium ammo. Rather do nerfs than more buffs to re-balance the game.

Lastly, the premium tanks are ok in my opinion. I have a few and dont feel they are overpowered. The only one might be the Defender but I play some team battles and Stronghold and its not a game changer.

Sael_ #36 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 1014 battles

View PostStinkyCamper, on 20 February 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

Eye candy won't make the gameplay better.

Well, we didn't just change how the maps look but their balance and gameplay as well. For sure, things can still be bettered, but that's the whole point of gathering your feedback - we are not going to be done tackling the issues of the game now that we have given a new look to it, quite the contrary: the developers will take care of the rest of the problems with the same passion and dedication that went into making the game look so shiny. It's just a matter of time :)

HappyNovemberFungus #37 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7578 battles

Maybe give us Obj. 263B that holds our statistics and stabs us in the heart every time we look at them :V

And premium ammo - remove/nerf it

AldoSsb #38 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8582 battles

View PostCobra6, on 19 February 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

Easy to get all the info on one page, helps greatly with user friendliness.

That being said, slapping new paint (graphics) on a broken and rusted through suspension (gameplay mechanics) still maintains the problems why most people have left in the past years so I do advise to finally start tweaking the mechanics that are the actual issue:

- Imbalanced premium ammo (mechanics).

- Broken Matchmaking (especially for tier 7-8).

- Overbuffing of armour in the past 2 years making premium ammo spam more and more a necessity if one wants to remain competitive.

- Broken/overpowered premium tanks.

- etc.

Sure, your fancy new graphics will attract some new players and will bring some old ones back but once they release the game under the hood is still as broken as ever they'll quickly leave again.

Cobra 6

What is broken according to you? The game looks pretty fine to me.

Oswaldo #39 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17323 battles
  • [BOCS] BOCS

When are the servers going alive again?

TacticusMK2 #40 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17794 battles
  • [DUAL] DUAL

View PostCobra6, on 20 February 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

Cobra 6

I dont think you really know what Pay-2-win means, otherwise you wouldnt rant this utter horsecrap. 

A pay-2-win model is where players who spent REAL money on a game, have a significant advantage over free-2-play players. p2w content is NOT available to f2p players. Credits are available to everyone as far as I know and last time I checked premium rounds could be bought by gold AND credits.

Per your logic this whole game is pay-2-win content. Credits can be bought with gold and therefor effectively making every single tank starting at tier 1 pay-2-win. By your flawed logic anyway.

Edit: doesn't mean i'm not 100% against the current premium round system. The spam needs to stop before it ruins the game beyond repair.

Edited by TacticusMK2, 21 February 2018 - 05:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users