• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Kissa_ei_kuulu_pakkaseen #41 Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8475 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

View PostTacticusMK2, on 21 February 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

I dont think you really know what Pay-2-win means, otherwise you wouldnt rant this utter horsecrap. 

A pay-2-win model is where players who spent REAL money on a game, have a significant advantage over free-2-play players. p2w content is NOT available to f2p players. Credits are available to everyone as far as I know and last time I checked premium rounds could be bought by gold AND credits.

Per your logic this whole game is pay-2-win content. Credits can be bought with gold and therefor effectively making every single tank starting at tier 1 pay-2-win. By your flawed logic anyway.

Edit: doesn't mean i'm not 100% against the current premium round system. The spam needs to stop before it ruins the game beyond repair.

With your winrate it's not even profitable to buy premium ammo with credits without buying premium account. Tier X cost is totally different thing, without premium account it's not possible to use premium ammo on higher tiers constantly...

Therefore premium ammo is basically P2W, because it requires you to spend money to the game...

TacticusMK2 #42 Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17794 battles
  • [DUAL] DUAL

View Posttest_2018, on 21 February 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

With your winrate it's not even profitable to buy premium ammo with credits without buying premium account. Tier X cost is totally different thing, without premium account it's not possible to use premium ammo on higher tiers constantly...

Therefore premium ammo is basically P2W, because it requires you to spend money to the game...

He played the Win Rate card!!! Good job! How was your reroll? Worth it?

You can cry all you want about my low winrate, fact stays premium ammo is accessable to free to play. 

Edited by TacticusMK2, 21 February 2018 - 10:16 PM.

Cobra6 #43 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16506 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTacticusMK2, on 21 February 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

He played the Win Rate card!!! Good job! How was your reroll? Worth it?

You can cry all you want about my low winrate, fact stays premium ammo is accessable to free to play. 

He is actually right, most players in this game have a winratio around 48%, that is the average, and those players need to either grind *A LOT* to be able to fire even a few premium shells......*OR* you get a premium account/tank and you can use premium ammo whenever you want.

Yes, premium ammo is available for credits so technically it's not a Pay-2-Win mechanic *HOWEVER* if you want to use it in all the situations you need it in (to prevent you from losing the match) you will need a premium account/tank unless you are a unicum player. They have a bit more leeway as they win more matches so they earn more credits than the average player.

For Joe average however, it's either pay Wargaming money to shoot premium ammo or lose matches.

Certainly now more and more tanks are getting ever thicker armour and weakspots that have more armour than same tier standard ammo has penetration, you should see where this is going unless you are truly oblivious or blind.

Pay-2-Win encompasses everything you *CAN* spend money on to get an advantage over other players, the only thing that is not Pay-2-Win is purely cosmetics that do not affect gameplay in any way.

If premium ammo cost exactly the same as standard ammo, then it would no longer be Pay-2-Win as everyone would be able to afford it even without handing over cash to Wargaming but at the moment the price is so high that you either grind into oblivion to be able to afford a few shells *OR* you give WG cash and make all the troubles go away.

Cobra 6

m4RxXx #44 Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30220 battles
why i have 0 battels  ? wher is my tanks from my garage :(

ibrox3 #45 Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68006 battles
  • [KUDOS] KUDOS

View PostTacticusMK2, on 21 February 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

I dont think you really know what Pay-2-win means, otherwise you wouldnt rant this utter horsecrap. 

A pay-2-win model is where players who spent REAL money on a game, have a significant advantage over free-2-play players. p2w content is NOT available to f2p players. Credits are available to everyone as far as I know and last time I checked premium rounds could be bought by gold AND credits.

Per your logic this whole game is pay-2-win content. Credits can be bought with gold and therefor effectively making every single tank starting at tier 1 pay-2-win. By your flawed logic anyway.

Edit: doesn't mean i'm not 100% against the current premium round system. The spam needs to stop before it ruins the game beyond repair.

Tacticus it's you who does not understand.

The average net credits for a battle in Tier X is  about -25,000

That is a LOSS for every battle.

This is a business model for WG.

Do everything possible to get players in Tier X - Ranked battles Tier X only - Bonds - weighted to Tier X - Grand Battles Tier X - Rankings on Hall of Fail Tier 7 + but you start with 1000's of games at lower tiers so you only get a rank if you balance those games with higher Tier X games. 

Matchmaking you are always top in Tier X so no more moaning about how crap Tier 8 is.

I'm sure I have missed some.

WG knows full well you are going to lose credits.

However originally this was designed to make players play a range of tiers - to make a battle profit and that would keep a player pool so that new and lower tier players would have someone to play.

However they don't care any more, they just spend the whole time pushing premium tanks and selling gambling boxes with some in , or selling premium accounts.

That results in absolute noobs with no skill and no map knowledge playing and wrecking Tier 8 games - but WG does not care they are spending money , right?

ibrox3 #46 Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68006 battles
  • [KUDOS] KUDOS

Oh yeah and it helps the losses to flow if there are more super heavies or heavies in general so we all spam more premium rounds at them - hence they make it much easier now to play a heavy - better view range , massive arrows to point at unspotted tanks , better armour, less accuracy from range, no weak spots .......

Just to get more in heavies - imagine 1 % more players in heavies probably gets 5% more premium ammo spam - 5% greater losses and 5% more Premium Accounts to pay for it .....

So what does that give them 5% of $471m a year?

Say $25m a year !

Promote the guy that flattened the maps - makes every incline heavy friendly , removes ALL USEFUL TD cover - just leave the bush on its own in the open we will soon see where a shot comes from - nerf all climbs and unusual angles etc etc......

It's about the CA$H not the game any more.....

Flint_74 #47 Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13315 battles

Pretty graphics are no compensation for continually poor gameplay mechanics, thus:

* reduce number of arty per team to maximum of one. This allows more actual tanks per team to actually fight the opposition thereby meaning more 'dynamic gameplay', instead of having multiple arties all sitting in a bush at the back of the map constantly waiting to reload thus mostly not helping their team.

* entirely remove +2 matchmaking. Particularly for lower tiers (e.g. T4 & T5) where you can end up against much higher tier tanks that not only can one-shot you, but are also essentially impenetrable to your tanks own gun in normal gameplay with normal ammunition (and sometimes even with premium ammo)... not fun.

* adjust the frequency of bottom and top tier +1 matchmaking per player (as much as is practical to do), so that all players get a more equal shot at being either top or bottom tier in each battle they fight, instead of the imbalanced and currently ridiculously low top tier chance and extremely high bottom tier chance.

Also, what happened to this thread, which appears to be inaccessible/broken - http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/663658-community-qa-stream-232018-ask-your-question/ ?

Edited by Flint_74, 24 February 2018 - 01:09 PM.

Mobax #48 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12018 battles
when is release date ???? simply march is not a date ... it is now a day before march and you can not even call a precise day and time. really impressive that this company can not even call the release date of their oh so biggest updates. just a day with time should not be so difficult

Gremlin182 #49 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:19 AM

General

• Player
  • 57126 battles

View Posttest_2018, on 21 February 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Game has always worked the same way you have to pay to play you either pay with time or with money or a combination of both.

OK an average player who only wants to play tier 10 will probably struggle to keep up the ammo and repair costs unless they pay for a premium account.

I don't play that much tier 10 some but not a lot mostly I'm at tiers 6-8 with some tier 9 and occasional tier 10.

I do have a premium account at the moment Christmas treat to myself.

Usually I play lower tiers and some premium tanks to earn the credits to finance the high tiers where usually I am in the red at the end.

Here's the thing as long as a player spends some time at lower tiers they can pay for their high tier habit.

The player who can throw money at the game will its true progress faster but that does not improve their chances of winning in a game.

If the only way to get a tier 10 tank was by paying for one with cash then it could be called pay to win because you have a better tank. 

Cataphractarii #50 Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35486 battles
  • [AGEM] AGEM

the presentation of information here is utter rubbish, it's all fur coat & no knickers

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users