Destroying tracks AND dealing damage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jakubloch #1 Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7631 battles
So I used to play a lot back in '13 and was awful back then, but I had a couple tricks, one of them was tracking turetless td's on turns and dealing damage. I once managed to win a clutch where I was fighting a 200hp T28 vs a full hp Jgtiger 8.8 because he couldn't move. Tried it again recently but no such luck, anyone have any tips on that?

Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 18462 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It works exactly the same as before. Just make sure there is something behind you can actually pen. Some tanks have this stupidly angled armor behind the wheels it doesn't make sense to shoot it when you have a low pen gun. 

Jakubloch #3 Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7631 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 19 February 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

It works exactly the same as before. Just make sure there is something behind you can actually pen. Some tanks have this stupidly angled armor behind the wheels it doesn't make sense to shoot it when you have a low pen gun. 

But where exactly? It was five years ago, and two shots today didn't work out. Was it the front wheel or do you have to shoot at the side through the tracks?

Enforcer1975 #4 Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 18462 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJakubloch, on 19 February 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:

But where exactly? It was five years ago, and two shots today didn't work out. Was it the front wheel or do you have to shoot at the side through the tracks?

If you shoot the tracks from the front you won't do damage to the tank. You normally shoot the tank in the side of the forst or last wheel. That tactic won't cork on the Churchills iirc. 

Somnorila #5 Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55179 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

Depends on your target. And your gun. If you're still talking about a t28, that was changed so you can't shoot in his frontal large track sprocket from the side and still do damage as with the HD model there is a big gap there, so no tank after the sprocket to do damage to. 

If you're talking about shooting the front of the track, you can't damage anything as the track is only seen as spaced armor, nothing to damage. And also i have noticed that shooting the front of the track, getting it to break is less probable. That's why a higher caliber or shooting HE is probable better to get it to break. I find that annoying when i'm in a fast tank and trying to circle a heavy and run from his gun. I think that the outer part of the track acts as armor for the inner parts. And same as any other module, if the shell doesn't damage it because of not having enough damage or because it didn't fully penetrate the outer armor, it doesn't break it. If i remember correctly it has to do at least 51% of damage to completely take it out, otherwise is just yellow with stats lowered. You also have to take in account the enemy as heavier tanks get tracks with more hp than lighter ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users