Jump to content


Obj 268 4

NERF IT FOR F*CK SAKE !!!

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

mrgudez #1 Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:33 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16669 battles
  • 15
  • [PEJB] PEJB
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

Dear Wargaming,

 

I never complained, I never hated anything on forums, I rarely report anyone. I am average player, not Unicum not really a red player. I have advanced knowledge of game though and what I know that you really REALLY HAVE TO DO something about this Object 268 4 Russian Tank destroyer. That "object" , it really is object because it's not a tank, it's fu*king joke that you made. What is the purpose of test servers really ? Are you blind or just ignorant ? You are ruining my game, and game to many players. 

What is complainment ? It's [edited]unprenetrable from front. I know you will say : "flank it" . How to flank 1000m away tank who is faster then 90% tanks in freaking game. You an compare his speed to some light tanks. My Patton is slower  then that freaking tank , rally WTF ???? 

People find out that you can just go fukcing forward and make 5k dmg without getting even a scratch. Even today, I was playing with scout WZ and when they could't spot me on the map, the guy in that Obj just rush into my position assuming where I am and noone from back support couldnt even get him on 50% of HP because ITS [edited]UNPENETRABLE FROM FRONT !!!!!

DELETE TANK , MODIFY , NERF IT , I DONT KNOW , JUST DO SOMETHING FOR SAKE OF THE FREAKINKG GAME !!!!!
 

Jesus fuckign christ !!!


Regards,

Frustrated player who pays premium acc to you !!!
mrgudez !



Strizi #2 Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39201 battles
  • 665
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011


Stalin orders you to appreciate this balanced td.



divsmo #3 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:03 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33460 battles
  • 249
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012
Da comrade stronk tenk

Dampli #4 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:26 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 21391 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    01-18-2012
Flank it. Aim for weakspots. Duh

Dampli #5 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:30 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 21391 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    01-18-2012

View PostDampli, on 20 February 2018 - 12:26 AM, said:

Flank it. Aim for weakspots. Duh

 

Just kidding. It is what people say tho. At least the ones who are afraid of losing their precious toy. 

 

Tank is broken.



Warzey #6 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:35 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 57473 battles
  • 966
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View Postmrgudez, on 19 February 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

Dear Wargaming,

 

I never complained, I never hated anything on forums, I rarely report anyone. I am average player, not Unicum not really a red player. I have advanced knowledge of game though and what I know that you really REALLY HAVE TO DO something about this Object 268 4 Russian Tank destroyer. That "object" , it really is object because it's not a tank, it's fu*king joke that you made. What is the purpose of test servers really ? Are you blind or just ignorant ? You are ruining my game, and game to many players. 

What is complainment ? It's [edited]unprenetrable from front. I know you will say : "flank it" . How to flank 1000m away tank who is faster then 90% tanks in freaking game. You an compare his speed to some light tanks. My Patton is slower  then that freaking tank , rally WTF ???? 

People find out that you can just go fukcing forward and make 5k dmg without getting even a scratch. Even today, I was playing with scout WZ and when they could't spot me on the map, the guy in that Obj just rush into my position assuming where I am and noone from back support couldnt even get him on 50% of HP because ITS [edited]UNPENETRABLE FROM FRONT !!!!!

DELETE TANK , MODIFY , NERF IT , I DONT KNOW , JUST DO SOMETHING FOR SAKE OF THE FREAKINKG GAME !!!!!
 

Jesus fuckign christ !!!


Regards,

Frustrated player who pays premium acc to you !!!
mrgudez !

 

But it really is not impenetrable. 

You have view port on the top, lower lower plate, if you load HEAT the lower plate won't stop all of them, HEAT can also go through the upper plate if shooter has even a slight height advantage, and also HEAT can go through the flat parts of the super structure. 

If I try to yolo, enemies usually just track me and kill me, I'm not talking about flanking, just that once you get tracked you can't move your weak spots so they become easy target for any tank. As you know the gun on 268v4 has a rather mediocre DPM so you can't just bulldoze through enemies. 


Edited by Warzey, 20 February 2018 - 01:38 AM.


NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:52 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 30589 battles
  • 2,585
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View Postmrgudez, on 20 February 2018 - 12:33 AM, said:

 

People find out that you can just go fukcing forward and make 5k dmg without getting even a scratch. Even today, I was playing with scout WZ and when they could't spot me on the map, the guy in that Obj just rush into my position assuming where I am and noone from back support couldnt even get him on 50% of HP because ITS [edited]UNPENETRABLE FROM FRONT !!!!!

 

When you saw him coming towards you did you think at any point it might be a good idea to not stay where you were?

Rod_75 #8 Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:26 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 25847 battles
  • 167
  • [ORKI] ORKI
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012
Naaa.
Get yourself a 268v4 and then you will understand.
You will be penetrated frontally (small weak spot but it has).
You will be focused by arties.
And you will have to play aggressively to achieve any result, cause :
- no accuracy
- no alfa
- no DPM
- no turning (very poor)

And actually enemies are fearing you, for reading posts like your.
And they won't face you, you have to run and chase enemies.

Not even close to be nerfed.
Not OP.
Of course imo.

AND, last but not least, the grind is actually MUCH BETTER, cause now you have a 263 at tier 9,not the [edited]122-54 i had to grind.

Enjoy the Russia, get yourself that monster obj.
(or try it on the CT).

Good luck!

Jeg_er_mig #9 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34914 battles
  • 936
  • Member since:
    10-20-2014
Tell that to the IS7 who pen 4 out of 5 gold shots on me....

mrgudez #10 Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:52 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16669 battles
  • 15
  • [PEJB] PEJB
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 20 February 2018 - 01:52 AM, said:

 

When you saw him coming towards you did you think at any point it might be a good idea to not stay where you were?

 

 

I was unsure what to do to be completely honest with you and here is why : I have solid crew on my WZ-132-1 and I played it after ranked battles closed so I played few with boosted coated optics with bonds ( forgot to remove ) and food buff. I had few very strong tanks behind me, at this point I can't remember who was there, but I think it was Grile and few more tanks. The map was Fiery Silent or the original version of map, and I was at E1 collected around 6500 spot dmg and since I spotted him from very long distance, I wasn't expected he would survive for such a long path, and didn't expect to approach me so close. When I realized that he wont die it was too late to move my tank away because I would be spotted anyway, so I was praying that my support tanks behind will kill 268 4. So yes, I know you think I'm dumb but believe me most of players would do the same. The only thing I could do is to predict such situation and move away earlier and still got him spotted but from different position back. 

 

View PostWarzey, on 20 February 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

 

But it really is not impenetrable. 

You have view port on the top, lower lower plate, if you load HEAT the lower plate won't stop all of them, HEAT can also go through the upper plate if shooter has even a slight height advantage, and also HEAT can go through the flat parts of the super structure. 

If I try to yolo, enemies usually just track me and kill me, I'm not talking about flanking, just that once you get tracked you can't move your weak spots so they become easy target for any tank. As you know the gun on 268v4 has a rather mediocre DPM so you can't just bulldoze through enemies. 

 

I was a bit frustrated, and wrote this post immediately after the game. I know he has few very small weak spots if you shooting heat. But hey "shooting heat" . The weak line in lower lower plate is very thin, and if it's driven by experienced player who moves back and forward while reloading, you will find hard time to hit with most of the tanks medium or long distances. His DPM maybe is not the best in the game but considering it's hard to hit him on lower plate and on viewport with his average reload time you are doomed. Also depending with what tank you are facing 268 4, because medium distances he penetrates you 100% and you can't be always that effective. 

All in all let's be honest here and say it's really faceroll tank, don't want to mention if I'm bottom tier, it's almost impossible to flank it, because it's rare situation you will play 1 on 1 against him, it's always someone around, you know I don't want to explain obvious things :) 
 

View PostRod_75, on 20 February 2018 - 03:26 AM, said:

Naaa.
Get yourself a 268v4 and then you will understand.
You will be penetrated frontally (small weak spot but it has).
You will be focused by arties.
And you will have to play aggressively to achieve any result, cause :
- no accuracy
- no alfa
- no DPM
- no turning (very poor)

And actually enemies are fearing you, for reading posts like your.
And they won't face you, you have to run and chase enemies.

Not even close to be nerfed.
Not OP.
Of course imo.

AND, last but not least, the grind is actually MUCH BETTER, cause now you have a 263 at tier 9,not the [edited]122-54 i had to grind.

Enjoy the Russia, get yourself that monster obj.
(or try it on the CT).

Good luck!

 

I read you, and I understand what you want to say, but isn't it the same with the most tanks in game generally ? Of course arty will target you if you are top tier dangerous tank. But let's examine what you said : No accuracy, well you don't really need too much accuracy for tank who is designed to faceroll short and medium distances and yet it's TD so you can get yourself some cover and shoot from distances and take your time aiming.Isnt it the case for large pool of tanks in WoT, especially for Russian tanks, accuracy is not that they have as a perk, not every tank in game is Leopard. Alfa and overall DPS is not the best but with this speed and armor it compromises that, you can bounce a lot of shoots for 15 secs reload time. What I want to say if some experienced player is sitting in that tank you will have really hard time to eliminate it.

I was trying fight that tank several times in Patton which I consider one of the best tanks in game, and hard really hard time to get out of fight as a winner. But as I said I'm average player, not close to the 2k ( wn8 ) players maybe that is the problem too to be completely honest, but I'm learning each day. And you have to understand , that this game is playing a lot worse players then you and me so it can be frustrating experience. 

My opinion this tank need some kind of nerfs, maybe to decrease it's speed limit for example. We already have Strv 103B :P
 



NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 30589 battles
  • 2,585
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View Postmrgudez, on 20 February 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

 So yes, I know you think I'm dumb but believe me most of players would do the same. The only thing I could do is to predict such situation and move away earlier and still got him spotted but from different position back. 

 

I don't think you're dumb, I'm just saying if you're at that point where you've realised your team isn't going to stop the guy and he's going to find you any second you might as well make a run for it on your terms rather than let him find you and get first shot on you.


Edited by NUKLEAR_SLUG, 20 February 2018 - 11:02 AM.


Dr_Oolen #12 Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:34 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22359 battles
  • 1,641
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012
Lmao at people trying to convince others in this thread that the tank isnt op. LMAO. Its funny as those are the same guys that are regularly claiming other 52+ global wr tonks are just fine, or even straight up bad.

Cobra6 #13 Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:57 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16345 battles
  • 16,055
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Classic Wargaming balancing in action, releasing a tank which is blatantly broken/overpowered (and they knew this in advance) to get the maximum amount of players converting XP via gold (short term financial gain) to unlock it as soon as possible.

 

In other words, long term damage to the game itself for short term financial gain. Wargaming's modus operandi since quite a while.

 

=====================

 

Edit: And always hilarious when bad players say a tank is not OP because they do badly in it. The fact that I bounce more damage in it than Tier 10 heavy tanks and dish out more damage should tell you enough. But then again I'm not a 50% player.

 

It's broken because it has *too* much speed for the armour it has (which is very effective) and the gun handling is very good as well on top of that. Literally the only drawback it has is that it turns like the Titanic on a Gravel Beach, that is the *ONLY* drawback it effectively has.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 20 February 2018 - 12:00 PM.


The_Georgian_One #14 Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38106 battles
  • 1,716
  • [KOFN] KOFN
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015
Remember the days when Skorpion G, Patriot and Liberte were released and considered OP? I know, these are tier 8s, but can you see nowadays anyone complaining about them on the forum? Every new release (with some minor exceptions) is one step further on the powercreep path.

Spioszeqq #15 Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 12039 battles
  • 60
  • Member since:
    06-07-2015
Wg forgot that 10 tiers also are meeeting 8 and 9 

Dava_117 #16 Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:10 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20349 battles
  • 3,685
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

First of all, I strongly belive this tanks is OP and baddly designed.

Never the less we can't expect a nerf really soon soo here a trick to counter them:

Try to engave them from higher or lower position. The top plate on the hull and the bottom one became really easy to pen from there. Not necessarily steep bumps, because even 5° in the right direction will change those playes in paper and if you're lucky, the player will get panicked and fall back.



mrgudez #17 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:58 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16669 battles
  • 15
  • [PEJB] PEJB
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 20 February 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

Remember the days when Skorpion G, Patriot and Liberte were released and considered OP? I know, these are tier 8s, but can you see nowadays anyone complaining about them on the forum? Every new release (with some minor exceptions) is one step further on the powercreep path.

 

You really compare those tanks as same OP status with Obj 268 4 ? Dude, how can someone say Skoropion is OP ? Its just massive alpha dmg and some speed, literally nothing else, average camo rate, paper armor etc. Obj is really hard to flank if he is not alone, if he has company behind its very hard to do it, he is super fast, thin weak spots which you can penetrate only with gold, or just a few tier X tanks, not to mention that X can meet IX and VIII, what to do then ? its really unbalanced. 

Coldspell #18 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:05 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19487 battles
  • 2,126
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013
It will be nerfed after ranked season and they will release another broken tank right before the next set.

VsUK #19 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14288 battles
  • 1,301
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012
It's not broken. It's exactly how WG intended it to be. To be superior in every way frontal & the likelihood of you being able to flank it is being reduced with every map cycle change. Maps you could flank are being removed & more maps that make you play head on being introduced. The TD is a gold spam requirement. I've seen JP E100s lose badly to these. I've been in my Badger & they penned my fictional 355mm upper plate armour like it was made of cheese. Unless your team leaves you on your own, they've all died or the your really useless at playing the game. You will succeed in the tank. You only have to look at the stats of players on tanks & then see the spike in the new Soviet tanks. You can see the same thing happen when they introduced the type 4/5s. The tanks carry the player. You really have to not try to win to fail in it. 

lifelessgamer #20 Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5462 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    02-27-2014
Everything that is being said about the V4, it was also said about the 263 when it was introduced.  263 wasn't changed.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users