• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Jam_in_a_Tank_TwitchTv #1 Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:05 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15690 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM

So hello boyz, :B

Played some of the new season ranked battles , i climbed the ladder fairly enough so far, all good. I am quite happy about the event as this is the first time i play it. 

What do you feel so far about the mode ?

For me i like it, it is competitive and even though is more intense and frustrated sometimes is still a mode with potential. :child:

Also i was thinking about the rewards, the are good, reserves are great for credits ofc, prem time and stuff everything looks great.

Although i would like to point out a thought i had,

Clan Wars are taking similar amount of days till the best clans will receive their rewards, gold-camos-tank which is a competitive gameplay similar to ranked, gold spam etc.

Wouldn't be logical if at the end of ranked we also receive a reward tank ? Even a tier 8 or something, don't get me wrong i appreciate the rewards and everything i am just asking what do you think about that tho.:popcorn:

As both modes are similar competitive and ''stressful''/intense (wtv you want to name it), takes similar amount of days and is actually the best/top players who could receive the best prices.

I do find it logical to see a reward tank at some point there :hiding:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:08 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30578 battles
You get bonds. WG have talked about introducing other things to spend bonds on so it may be you get the option to trade bonds you won for special tanks at a future time.

superfly2000 #3 Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 78085 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY

I climbed pretty well first day also. Especially for playing arty but that worked pretty well anyway. I think this mode only deserves me playing arty in it cause it is not good at all and doesnt do what it is supposed to do. Still its not unbearable and I can click myself through the whole thing it seems...(with one hand :P ;).

I could go on and on about what is wrong with the mode but I dont have time so I will only mention some things. First this mode just appeals to the egocentric nature of players that we already see too much of in normal random games...and rewards it even more. Doing anything remotely dangerous is "stupid" in this mode. Which just further validates my use of arty.

Its more of a grind and has really not much to do with "skill". You can't platoon.

Now I came to rank 6 and now im really starting to question the effort/reward ratio at this point. I would naturally not play this mode at all if they didnt wave goodies and bonds in front of me and at rank 6 it kind of becomes a lot slower...

Edited by superfly2000, 20 February 2018 - 05:02 AM.

Draz_H #4 Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsuperfly2000, on 20 February 2018 - 03:24 AM, said:

I think this mode only deserves me playing arty in it cause it is not good at all. Its more of a grind and has really not much to do with "skill". You can't platoon.

Yeah, I also hate that I can't sealclub players in lower Tiers in a 3-man platoon. :/

yun9 #5 Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5191 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View Postsuperfly2000, on 20 February 2018 - 04:24 AM, said:

Its more of a grind and has really not much to do with "skill". You can't platoon.

The whole basis of the mode is that you're playing solo. It is your own prowess that determines how far you'll end up in the long run, and not someone elses. Add a platoonmate into the mix and you might just pay someone to boost your account for you since they're both essentially the same thing. If you need platoonmates to do well then this mode isn't for you. Teamplay is good but it's not like you need 3 people sitting on TS3 to have people to play with. 

I also disagree with everything you said pretty much. I played the mode yesterday with full standard ammo, small consumables, no directives and 0 skilled 100% crews since I want to grind out both credits, bonds and crews for the event. I've played balls to the wall aggressive every single game and it works out just fine. The problem people have with the RBs in general is that people actually tryhard, which doesn't necessarily make them any better of a player but it does make it more annoying to play against, you're obviously going perform worse than in randoms because of this. Bored people won't drive out to force something, but will stay safe. The counter to it is to go dig them out, unless the game is snowballed in their favour already then there's always a way, breaking camps and taking risks become much more frequent and less dangerous when you actually have experience doing so. Without the triple platoon crutch and a lot of T10 experience this gets much easier. The game mode isn't the greatest but it's absolutely not bad; and certainly doesn't warrant arty. 

If you resort to arty in the skill-based mode to piggy-back off of your team rather than actually doing something proactive then it seems like you have the problem of wanting to have the cake and eat it too. (Wants the rewards but does not want to learn)

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:39 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11427 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
First off, I know ranked is definitely not intended for me. But I do agree with OP that if you put in so many hours, you should be able to get for example a reward tank. The bonds are hyped and might be usefull for pro players, but if you just play randoms these bonds will not make much of a difference I think.

TankkiPoju #7 Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21057 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View Postsuperfly2000, on 20 February 2018 - 04:24 AM, said:

Yeah isn't it terrible other people can't carry you to bond city. No skill at all required.

__cnb__ #8 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12620 battles
  • [2O1] 2O1
In this way there are fewer bots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users