• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

9IBrownie #1 Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24006 battles
  • [507] 507

Hi,

since many people complain about gold usage in ranked battles I figured I simply use tanks that dont rely on armour to avoid frustration.

Sorry for ze German screenshots, but I guess you know how to read these pics anyway.

As you can see, this idea didn't really work out for me. The xp I gained is extremely disappointing.

I know that the experience you get for damage you do to targets that are spotted by someone else is split evenly.

However, this made me aware of the fact, that it is often difficult to understand how your gained experience comes together, as I have since then observed, that damage+spotted damage does not correlate as much with the experience earned as I thought. This is annoying, especially in Ranked battles, where the experience you gained is very important.

I just find it unfair, that the person with the most damage in the team doesn't even count as one of the guys who did enough to at least deserve one Chevron.

This might explain why I think this is unfair.

How to deal with that?

1. To make it more easy to understand, maybe add the information how much of the damage you did was also awarded to you as spotting. The "damage over 300m distance" does not help with that.

2. Splitting spotted and dealt damage evenly is fair, I get that. But I think its not fair, that damage, which was spotted by yourself is double as worthy as damage that was spotted by someone else. It migt be fair to be 1/3rd more worthy, but double? That sucks.

Thanks for reading, cheers.

9IBrownie #2 Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24006 battles
  • [507] 507
*push* some feedback maybe?

_EXODUZ_ #3 Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I like the way it is, red line snipers shouldn't be rewarded.

tankqull #4 Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20924 battles
  • [-FD-] -FD-

its quite simple - spot the targets you are shooting by yourself. once like in your examples the people you are shot at are only visible due to someone else lighting them up for you you are sharing your xp with that spot 50:50.

second point is you get a xp malus for targets you are shooting at above 300m and a bonus when shooting them at ranges below 200m so

the maus you are highligting did 1500m all at below 300m mostlikely at below 50m, thus he shot targets he could spot on his own not sharing the xp per dmg with anybody else, unlike you hugging the redline unable to spot anything at 600m distance you where shooting your targets having the malus for fighting above 300m the majority of the time on top of sharing your xp with those spoting for you.

_b_ #5 Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55203 battles

Haven't always dmg of own spotted ...and kills... been what counts the most as to rewarded exp? Closely followed by dmg dealt upon your spotting?

So brawlers in front with good viewrange that deal own dmg, spots for team so they can deal dmg, and kills as well almost always comes out on top ...!?

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #6 Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I guess the difference is that ze Maus does not need ze sniper. Whereas ze sniper needs ze Maus (or any other tank) to actually spot things to shoot.

Ze Maus in the mean time is targeted by opponents. Whereas ze sniper is nicely fapping away in his bush.

Simeon85 #7 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 21 February 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

I like the way it is, red line snipers shouldn't be rewarded.

This basically.

The Maus (probably) got his own damage from his own spotting so gets full XP value, plus he got 2 kills to your none, plus he did nearly 3k assistance. Whereas you got no kills and all your damage would have been off the back of someone else's spotting, hence the lower XP. 

If you half your damage/assistance because all of it was 'shared' then essentially you got the equivalent of about 2300 worth of 'full XP damage', whereas the Maus got 2700 worth of 'full XP' damage and also two kills. 

it's a risk/reward thing, the Maus was taking more of the risks, he gets the higher reward. 

Kozzy #8 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2
Talk about selective reading guys.  You are addressing just one of his points "fairness of damage spotted vs not spotted".  He also mentions adding this information so the player can see, after the battle, how much of their damage was through THEIR spotting - this is a very good idea.  So it could say "3,500 damage (1,800 spotted by you)" or something similar. 

kaneloon #9 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28090 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

View Posttankqull, on 21 February 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

second point is you get a xp malus for targets you are shooting at above 300m and a bonus when shooting them at ranges below 200m

Hi, where did you get those information ? Just curious, as it seems to fit my experience.

And : is there not some factor linked to each tank, since for "op" tanks it looks like they  don t get as xp as others.

Simeon85 #10 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostKozzy, on 21 February 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

Talk about selective reading guys.  You are addressing just one of his points "fairness of damage spotted vs not spotted".  He also mentions adding this information so the player can see, after the battle, how much of their damage was through THEIR spotting - this is a very good idea.  So it could say "3,500 damage (1,800 spotted by you)" or something similar. 

Fair point, not sure we need that really, but maybe there should be something in game that explains XP better. But then that is true of pretty much everything, there should be lots more in game help and explanations for players. 

Balc0ra #11 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66252 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

There are more variables on just damage alone that decides XP. And listing how much damage you did that counted on others spotting below would not be the worst idea to avoid more confusion for most. But that alone is not reflective as to why he got more then you.

The idea here is not to punish someone that did the most damage. But rather about it's not how much damage you do. But to whom and where. If not, red line snipers as we did see to much of in the first ranked season would just farm on it.

As for you vs the Maus? He had over 2K assist as well. Combine that with damage on his own spotting. And getting first spots on targets that alone gives XP. 2x more xp if one of them was an arty. It's not difficult to see why he got more then you. That and he has a close combat bonus. You don't.

View Postkaneloon, on 21 February 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

Hi, where did you get those information ? Just curious, as it seems to fit my experience.

And : is there not some factor linked to each tank, since for "op" tanks it looks like they  don t get as xp as others.

There is a brawling bonus on top of spotting your own targets. It's called an close combat bonus. Any damage done closer then 200m gives a very small bonus. How much? Who knows.

The only tank that gets more for less then others is the Churchill III. Everyone else gets the same as the rest. The class difference that was before was removed years ago. As SPG's and TD's got way less vs others for their support role. Now it's just the 50% less on others spotting they get.

There are so many factors that decides XP besides damage. Module damage, first spot, what range you do damage on, killing shots, base cap etc. So if one tank does 2K damage on others spotting, one does 2K damage up close on his own spotting on mostly lower tiers. And one does 2K damage up close on his own spotting, gets kills shots, gets the first spot on 3 SPG's, wrecks more modules, damage more equal tiers vs lower tiers and caps. He will get more XP for the same damage then the other two.

It's explained in detail on the WOT wiki page under experience and credits, and how they are rewarded.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics

Edited by Balc0ra, 21 February 2018 - 01:27 PM.

jabster #12 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostKozzy, on 21 February 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

Well I did post that in the suggestions thread and I’m quitely confident that it has been included in a report for the devs as they do listen to feedback. 

Kozzy #13 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Postjabster, on 21 February 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

Well I did post that in the suggestions thread and I’m quitely confident that it has been included in a report for the devs as they do listen to feedback. 

WoT devs carefully storing all the suggestions...

...ready to be looked at by 'top people'.

baribal_80 #14 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21527 battles

View Post9IBrownie, on 20 February 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

Hi,

since many people complain about gold usage in ranked battles I figured I simply use tanks that dont rely on armour to avoid frustration.

Sorry for ze German screenshots, but I guess you know how to read these pics anyway.

As you can see, this idea didn't really work out for me. The xp I gained is extremely disappointing.

I know that the experience you get for damage you do to targets that are spotted by someone else is split evenly.

However, this made me aware of the fact, that it is often difficult to understand how your gained experience comes together, as I have since then observed, that damage+spotted damage does not correlate as much with the experience earned as I thought. This is annoying, especially in Ranked battles, where the experience you gained is very important.

I just find it unfair, that the person with the most damage in the team doesn't even count as one of the guys who did enough to at least deserve one Chevron.

This might explain why I think this is unfair.

How to deal with that?

1. To make it more easy to understand, maybe add the information how much of the damage you did was also awarded to you as spotting. The "damage over 300m distance" does not help with that.

2. Splitting spotted and dealt damage evenly is fair, I get that. But I think its not fair, that damage, which was spotted by yourself is double as worthy as damage that was spotted by someone else. It migt be fair to be 1/3rd more worthy, but double? That sucks.

Thanks for reading, cheers.

Sorry but you find it unfair only because you want to kemp bush in the back. The tanks in the front are actually what is preventing the enemy tanks from coming to your td and raping you. So they should get extra XP for that. If you want more xp play a tank that actually requires 2 hands to play. 

tankqull #15 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20924 battles
  • [-FD-] -FD-

View PostKozzy, on 21 February 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

WoT devs carefully storing all the suggestions...

...ready to be looked at by 'top people'.

well that would be an improvement over their old feedback department...

Posted Image

Simeon85 #16 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Could have been worse for the OP, saw this one on WOTlabs -

Posted Image

430U lost the 'best loser' place to a Super Conqueror that did zero damage, struggling to work that one out. 

baribal_80 #17 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21527 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 21 February 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

Posted Image

430U lost the 'best loser' place to a Super Conqueror that did zero damage, struggling to work that one out. 

If all the dmg done by the 430U is over 300 m and not self spotted than it's not super weird. This happens on lost games when everyone gets craplow amounts of exp because you get a few xp for critical hits, you get a few xp for extra spoting and when you fight for 284xp those extra 20-50xp bonuses stack up

Dava_117 #18 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19422 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSimeon85, on 21 February 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

Posted Image

Also take into account that the superConqueror survived the battle. There is a malus on exp if you get destroyed.

baribal_80 #19 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21527 battles

View PostDava_117, on 21 February 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

Also take into account that the superConqueror survived the battle. There is a malus on exp if you get destroyed.

Wait what? The Sconq on the screen you quote has "Destroyed by..." 

Dava_117 #20 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19422 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postbaribal_80, on 21 February 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Wait what? The Sconq on the screen you quote has "Destroyed by..." 

Oh, your right. I saw the grey line and tought it survived. Looks like it's just because it's highlighted.

BTW, the malus does exist. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users