Jump to content


Grinding Soviet at Tier 4s & wow


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

VsUK #1 Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14288 battles
  • 1,301
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012
I thought MM was bad at tier 9/10. But almost every single game in my T-80 or T-28 is put into a tier 6 game with SU-100's that can 1 shot kill you, KV-2's & the I-0 Exp that is another 1 shot killer. 
Grinding from tier 1 is horrible. Not because of the poor tanks & stupidly long aiming. But the sheer imbalance of MM. Now I think I realise why people don't bother grinding from tier 1 & just convert exp & skip it. Because it is just so horrid.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67404 battles
  • 17,133
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Well thank god the 450 average damage derps on tier 5 don't bother you.

 

T-80 is the definition of a support light even as top tier. It would not even be great with +0 MM.  Even if you had 600 HP to survive a 122mm hit. You are not going far with 75pen vs even most tier 5's.



VsUK #3 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14288 battles
  • 1,301
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012

Yeah. Seeing a lot of SU-100 1 shot kills that just ruin my day lol. I had fond memories of grinding from tier 1 back in the day. Used to be fun, competitive & fair. Now its just riddled with stupidity. 

 



BSHDBCG #4 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5625 battles
  • 458
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015

View PostVsUK, on 21 February 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Yeah. Seeing a lot of SU-100 1 shot kills that just ruin my day lol. I had fond memories of grinding from tier 1 back in the day. Used to be fun, competitive & fair. Now its just riddled with stupidity. 

 

 

It always was, you are just less adept at dealing with it now.

VsUK #5 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14288 battles
  • 1,301
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012

View PostBSHDBCG, on 21 February 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

 

It always was, you are just less adept at dealing with it now.

 

Probably right. Back when I was grinding from tier 1, I wasn't as experienced & considered the actions normal. But as you learn the game. You realise how stupid those actions we're lol

baribal_80 #6 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22268 battles
  • 539
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View PostVsUK, on 21 February 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Yeah. Seeing a lot of SU-100 1 shot kills that just ruin my day lol. I had fond memories of grinding from tier 1 back in the day. Used to be fun, competitive & fair. Now its just riddled with stupidity. 

 

 

This comment is stupid. Su-100 was the same ever since it was introduced. Hell before also the t6 kv1s had 390 gun with good dpm, You still had kv2, t150, m4 derp, pzIV derp. The only tank at t6 that has been added is the O-I. All others are the same

VsUK #7 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14288 battles
  • 1,301
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012

View Postbaribal_80, on 21 February 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

 

This comment is stupid. Su-100 was the same ever since it was introduced. Hell before also the t6 kv1s had 390 gun with good dpm, You still had kv2, t150, m4 derp, pzIV derp. The only tank at t6 that has been added is the O-I. All others are the same

 

At which point did I claim the SU-100s & other derp guns weren't in the game back in the day? I didn't. I was simply saying that I remember enjoying the grind from tier 1 back then & now I find it shockingly full of stupidity. 

So quit with the insults if that's all you've come here to do.

baribal_80 #8 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22268 battles
  • 539
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View PostVsUK, on 21 February 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

 

At which point did I claim the SU-100s & other derp guns weren't in the game back in the day? I didn't. I was simply saying that I remember enjoying the grind from tier 1 back then & now I find it shockingly full of stupidity. 

So quit with the insults if that's all you've come here to do.

 

Quote

I had fond memories of grinding from tier 1 back in the day. Used to be fun, competitive & fair. Now its just riddled with stupidity.

 

This comment shows you have claimed something has changed. As I've written before. Almost nothing did.



pecopad #9 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24449 battles
  • 1,009
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

View Postbaribal_80, on 21 February 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

 

This comment is stupid. Su-100 was the same ever since it was introduced. Hell before also the t6 kv1s had 390 gun with good dpm, You still had kv2, t150, m4 derp, pzIV derp. The only tank at t6 that has been added is the O-I. All others are the same

 

TPM...

 

We all have bad days...



VsUK #10 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14288 battles
  • 1,301
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012

View Postbaribal_80, on 21 February 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

 

Quote

I had fond memories of grinding from tier 1 back in the day. Used to be fun, competitive & fair. Now its just riddled with stupidity.

 

This comment shows you have claimed something has changed. As I've written before. Almost nothing did.

 

I've never claimed anything has changed. You've just assumed it by taking your own meaning out of what I've said. Maybe people we're equally as stupid back in the day & we we're all not experienced enough to notice. I was just expressing my view on how I see it today & why I now realise why people pay to skip that aggro of grinding from tier 1 because tiers 1-6 are a nightmare. No team functionality or support. Its pure free for all of stupidity. 

250swb #11 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 23153 battles
  • 5,271
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015
I would certainly skip the T-28, it's only function in the game seems to be as the first tank on the team to get killed, irrespective of MM. You see them setting off into the distance at full speed and then 'blam!' they are gone.

Edited by 250swb, 21 February 2018 - 03:29 PM.


Tom_Deekanarry #12 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7695 battles
  • 336
  • Member since:
    06-28-2012
I followed the BT7 to T34 line and to be honest the A20 really did my head in, a light tank with no spotting range, wtf?, I was very happy to bin it!

baribal_80 #13 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22268 battles
  • 539
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View PostVsUK, on 21 February 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

 

I've never claimed anything has changed. You've just assumed it by taking your own meaning out of what I've said. Maybe people we're equally as stupid back in the day & we we're all not experienced enough to notice. I was just expressing my view on how I see it today & why I now realise why people pay to skip that aggro of grinding from tier 1 because tiers 1-6 are a nightmare. No team functionality or support. Its pure free for all of stupidity. 

 

Sorry but you didn't express how you see it today. You didn't write "I thought it was..." or "I had more fun back in the day". You said "It used to be more competitive' you wrote this like this was a fact. So if you want to backpedal now it's ok. Just don't pretend you wrote it as an opinion when your previous posts were not constructed as a subjective "feel" of what it was back in the day.

 

Also nope. People dont skip low tiers because they are somehow horrible. Low tiers are simply costing very little and have shity meta with people doing random crap. If I could afford it I'd only play above t7 because of that but don't tell anyone 1-6 is a nightmare when there is t8 which sees t10 constantly and is much weaker vs t10 than a t4 vs t6. 



malachi6 #14 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 50462 battles
  • 3,704
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
If you have learned anything,  the grind now should be easier.  You know camo and camping spots.  You know bush and corner mechanics.  You know side scraping and vision.  Most of the people you are facing do not.

baribal_80 #15 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22268 battles
  • 539
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View Postmalachi6, on 21 February 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

If you have learned anything,  the grind now should be easier.  You know camo and camping spots.  You know bush and corner mechanics.  You know side scraping and vision.  Most of the people you are facing do not.

 

Yeah but when you are crapyou expect less of yourself. This means that when you start doing 400dmg in t4 feels amazing but when you get better it feels like crap. 

AliceUnchained #16 Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:19 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38414 battles
  • 8,928
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostMajor_Madfokker, on 21 February 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

I followed the BT7 to T34 line and to be honest the A20 really did my head in, a light tank with no spotting range, wtf?, I was very happy to bin it!

 

I actually recently re-bought the A-20. Think it was the first, or second after the Stuart, Tier IV Light tank I played back in the day with Scout MM. Left it at 44% I think, now sitting at 56%. You just need to invest in view range enhancing items, and scout more actively; it's nimble enough (although it does seem somewhat bouncy). 

VsUK #17 Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14288 battles
  • 1,301
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012

View Post250swb, on 21 February 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

I would certainly skip the T-28, it's only function in the game seems to be as the first tank on the team to get killed, irrespective of MM. You see them setting off into the distance at full speed and then 'blam!' they are gone.

 

Can't side scrape in the T-29 I've noticed

FatigueGalaxy #18 Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:21 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19499 battles
  • 2,138
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011
My experience in tier 4 is the opposite. Lots of top tier battles because tier 3 has limited MM and usually there is not enough "baby tanks" for tier 2 & 3 battles.

Nishi_Kinuyo #19 Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:13 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7880 battles
  • 4,572
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Dear OP,

 

Git gud scrub.

 

Your's sincerely,

Nishi Kinuyo.

:girl:

 

Tier 4 is my go-to tier for doing those minimarathons and some other daily missions like the supply drop ones.

If you can't handle tier 6 matches in them, then either you're playing the wrong tank, or the problem is you.

And in all fairness, the T-80 is a poor tank to play.

The T-28, though, is a fine tank as long as you remember to use the 57mm (which you'll have from the T-34 if you played that).

View PostMajor_Madfokker, on 21 February 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

I followed the BT7 to T34 line and to be honest the A20 really did my head in, a light tank with no spotting range, wtf?, I was very happy to bin it!

Still sorta-works for me though, even in the spotting department when bottomtier.

Although it is an active scout rather than a passive one; so use that speed to your advantage.



DracheimFlug #20 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:33 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 9127 battles
  • 4,041
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostVsUK, on 21 February 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

 

At which point did I claim the SU-100s & other derp guns weren't in the game back in the day? I didn't. I was simply saying that I remember enjoying the grind from tier 1 back then & now I find it shockingly full of stupidity. 

So quit with the insults if that's all you've come here to do.

 

Actually the derp guns are considerably nerfed from 'back in the day.'




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users