• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Humansland #1 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12615 battles
  • [BULL] BULL
Hi Forum,

I decided that I want to improve my gameplay. Have been watching streamers, youtube vids, guides, how to-s and now decided to bring my issue to the forums.

By checking my stats (based on purely that), what could you recommend for me? What can I do different to improve? I am looking for some useful advice, but not those that saying uninstall or along those line :D

I welcome any harsh criticism.

Thank you if you spend the time checking my stats and give pointers,

Humans

http://wotinfo.net/e...name=humansland
http://www.vbaddict....r/humansland-eu

ZlatanArKung #2 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:20 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
No advices can be given to you by watching your stats other then 'git gud'.

Instead, upload like your latest 5 replays and maybe someone can have a look.

Draz_H #3 Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Mandatory git gud comment passing by.

Git gud.

OreH75 #4 Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 47894 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

Without looking at stats: Learn to stay alive and save hitpoints.

As long as you can fire your gun your can be useful, so don't go full yolo in the first minute(s) of the game and die.

Baldrickk #5 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
I second the posting of replays.

Either post your last 5-10, or even better, filter out the low quality ones (complete stomps or died in 60s where there is not any real content) and post those.

It's the best way to see how you play

Simeon85 #6 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:51 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Spots are quite low that is about all I can tell from your stats. 

By your recents you are improving and you are performing around the green level for WN8/WR so that tells me you have the basics down in general so it's likely about improving your decision making, positioning, awareness and micro-positioning and that would need replays. 

kaneloon #7 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28103 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

My advice : dont hesitate to play tiers X, if what refrains you is you game level, it shouldn t.

Tiers X is the most fun/easy tiers, as you depend less of the other top tiers, and the game level is better.

Axelfoley666 #8 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22398 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View Postkaneloon, on 21 February 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

My advice : dont hesitate to play tiers X, if what refrains you is you game level, it shouldn t.

Tiers X is the most fun/easy tiers, as you depend less of the other top tiers, and the game level is better.

And you're always top tier :teethhappy:

Tom_Deekanarry #9 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6862 battles

Ignore the stats try different positions and try to learn the maps, if you die who cares it's just a game.

I went from useless and now I'm up to garbage as I figured out where you shouldn't stick your head out no matter what the tank!

OneFromOne #10 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10811 battles
Your not gona become Unicum by advices from someone...you have it or not

shane73tank #11 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28146 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
Just do whatever our glorious leader Goldun tells you ! :hiding:

K_A #12 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I hear all you need to do is load lots of gold ammo for all tanks. That will instantly make you unicum playerer.

Xaneleon #13 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 22554 battles
Make sure you eat healthy, work-out/sport enough and most important probably, FEEL GOOD.
With a learning attitude and the things mentioned above, you'll have a much easier time.
Having <100 ms ping, constant 60 fps also work in your favour. Disabling certain features like track traces and track effects, binocular view in sniper mode, extra effects in sniper mode, removing foliage in the settings, all work towards processing the information on your screen as effectively as possible.
Learn everything on the top of your head:
  • Armor layouts (all the weakspots) of the tanks you face in battle. That's a lot of work though, homework!
  • Tank reloads, alpha, gun dispersion. (Do they snap or need to rely on aiming?) Counting shells in the clip is also good.
  • Map positioning at the start of the game (Take the hill fast, get into the opening spotting bush, get hulldown on the frontline as soon as possible.)
  • NEVER go on a flank with only 2-3 tanks, leave the flank and go base or the other flank.
  • Aim all of your shots, never rely on snapshots, only when driving from cover to cover.
  • Never miss a shot on distance by aiming, only by RNG. Just make sure you KNOW where your shot will go with whatever ammo you're shooting with. (HEAT vs APCR velocity)
  • While having a clip, when on reload, reposition if needed.
  • Predict what tank you are going to shoot, do you need gold to pen?
  • Predict the minimap 1-2 minutes ahead of time. This is probably the hardest of everything, predicting the battle. Knowing what flank can fall and which can win, will help you in whether to push or to fall back.
  • Don't zoom in too much, lots of shots can be done in 3rd person shooting allowing you to get less tunnelvision. (Disable x16/x25 zoom)
  • Always keep an eye on the minimap. Like 33% of the time you should be watching that thing and predict the battle!
  • Learn maps, learn every bush, every hulldown spot, every strong flank, every opening spot, every rock, every retreat.
  • Learn your tank. Learn what it can and can't do versus EVERY vehicle it faces. 
  • ALWAYS use your gun. Not firing means no damage. Make sure you're always on the frontline doing damage. The drawback is that arty will tend to focus you.
  • Know when to push and when to retreat, this can help you farm more damage or safe your life.
  • Know what climbs are useful if you're in a fast tank. It can make a lost game go into a damage farm for you. Meaninq; not just 2k damage and a loss, but 5k damage and a loss. 
  • Look at your mistakes. Stop playing after a couple (10) games and look at your replays! Look at the minimap. Look at where you could've pushed in faster or where you have had to retreat sooner. Look at what tanks did really well on what part of the terrain. Analyse what flank won and what had to be done in order to win or how to survive longer.

Simeon85 #14 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostXaneleon, on 21 February 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

Make sure you eat healthy, work-out/sport enough 

When is Xan's 'WOT's Work Out' DVD coming out then? :P

Azgabast #15 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18727 battles

I see you've got decent stats in light tanks and some faster mediums. I guess you have to keep playing them.

Abuse camo if possible and be sure to have a way out if/after you shoot an enemy and get spotted.

Always have patience, don't rush to save a teammate who's gone far in front, for it is probably too late for him.

In autoloaders: analyze the map while you reload.

Never go alone on a flank (we're talking about improving stats here, this may win you games, but you will lose the other stats).

Good luck.

Balc0ra #16 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Your stats show you are above average. So going on those alone is not easy. Only thing that sticks out is that you have way more cap points then defense points, or even battles. So you seem to favor a fast cap vs going back to defend. I have half the cap points vs battles played. But defense points is almost at 60K to. I've won more games going back, then I have capping fast. Situation depending ofc.

Then again you know your style better then most. You probably got a good feel for what you feel you lack in, or what makes you lose more then not etc. Be it a tank class that you feel less confident in, or even maps you feel you always play bad on etc. If you point those more out along with a replay showing the situation. Ppl can give you way better pointers.

Simeon85 #17 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles
Playing when you aren't tired is a good tip, sadly with a baby that doesn't sleep that well I don't have much choice, otherwise I wouldn't ever play! but I do notice when I am tired my mistakes increase and my awareness drops. 

dimethylcadmium #18 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6170 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View PostXaneleon, on 21 February 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

Make sure you eat healthy, work-out/sport enough and most important probably, FEEL GOOD.
With a learning attitude and the things mentioned above, you'll have a much easier time.
Having <100 ms ping, constant 60 fps also work in your favour. Disabling certain features like track traces and track effects, binocular view in sniper mode, extra effects in sniper mode, removing foliage in the settings, all work towards processing the information on your screen as effectively as possible.
Learn everything on the top of your head:
  • Armor layouts (all the weakspots) of the tanks you face in battle. That's a lot of work though, homework!
  • Tank reloads, alpha, gun dispersion. (Do they snap or need to rely on aiming?) Counting shells in the clip is also good.
  • Map positioning at the start of the game (Take the hill fast, get into the opening spotting bush, get hulldown on the frontline as soon as possible.)
  • NEVER go on a flank with only 2-3 tanks, leave the flank and go base or the other flank.
  • Aim all of your shots, never rely on snapshots, only when driving from cover to cover.
  • Never miss a shot on distance by aiming, only by RNG. Just make sure you KNOW where your shot will go with whatever ammo you're shooting with. (HEAT vs APCR velocity)
  • While having a clip, when on reload, reposition if needed.
  • Predict what tank you are going to shoot, do you need gold to pen?
  • Predict the minimap 1-2 minutes ahead of time. This is probably the hardest of everything, predicting the battle. Knowing what flank can fall and which can win, will help you in whether to push or to fall back.
  • Don't zoom in too much, lots of shots can be done in 3rd person shooting allowing you to get less tunnelvision. (Disable x16/x25 zoom)
  • Always keep an eye on the minimap. Like 33% of the time you should be watching that thing and predict the battle!
  • Learn maps, learn every bush, every hulldown spot, every strong flank, every opening spot, every rock, every retreat.
  • Learn your tank. Learn what it can and can't do versus EVERY vehicle it faces. 
  • ALWAYS use your gun. Not firing means no damage. Make sure you're always on the frontline doing damage. The drawback is that arty will tend to focus you.
  • Know when to push and when to retreat, this can help you farm more damage or safe your life.
  • Know what climbs are useful if you're in a fast tank. It can make a lost game go into a damage farm for you. Meaninq; not just 2k damage and a loss, but 5k damage and a loss. 
  • Look at your mistakes. Stop playing after a couple (10) games and look at your replays! Look at the minimap. Look at where you could've pushed in faster or where you have had to retreat sooner. Look at what tanks did really well on what part of the terrain. Analyse what flank won and what had to be done in order to win or how to survive longer.

This should be a sticky in the Newcomers forum and in-game (for those 30k battle 500 wn8 players)

kaneloon #19 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28103 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

View PostXaneleon, on 21 February 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

Oh yes and this one is so hard to get rid off !

It is a very handicaping habit ...

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #20 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostXaneleon, on 21 February 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

<bla bla>

Actually good advice, but with a big BUT....

.... don't play just after a heavy workout. It plays really terribly when your arm is missing all subtle arm movements, because of the workout you just had.

Unless of course you play arty, in that case carry on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users