Jump to content


3/5/7 template and the top 3s


  • Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

dimethylcadmium #1 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4556 battles
  • 770
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    11-24-2017
Since now high tier games are decided by who has the least r*tarded top tiers, what can WG do to motivate them, feature wise, to play better, and by doing that, actually give their team a fighting chance?

Horatio__Caine #2 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26492 battles
  • 4,275
  • [SA-AS] SA-AS
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

You can't give any advice to the people who have 300 wn8 after +10k battles. If your top tiers are useless gg. That's it.


Edited by Horatio__Caine, 21 February 2018 - 01:29 PM.


dimethylcadmium #3 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4556 battles
  • 770
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    11-24-2017

I had an idea i was reluctant to post, but here it goes:

 

If the top tier player in 3/5/7 at the end of the battle isn't in the Top 5 players by XP, punish them by giving them 0 XP (or xp_from_top_xp_player / 5 = xp_won_for_top_tier_player), win or loss. There is no excuse (skill-wise) NOT to be in Top 5 when you have 2+ Tier advantage.

 

It may seem harsh and there are some situations where the player would be punished not because of his own fault (like connection problems, AFK, getting shot for 80% of your HP by a teammate, etc), but i think it would motivate top tier monkeys to actually give a damn, so many times they just rely on bottom tiers to do everything for them and they feel entitled to do nothing because they have a Tier 9/10 vehicle with better MM.


Edited by dimethylcadmium, 21 February 2018 - 04:19 PM.


brisha #4 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15242 battles
  • 1,484
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

Well the sad fact is you have to pray your top tiers aren't brain dead, but most of the time they are.

 

It's sad now that WG have let the game get to the very real situation that you really are dependent on who has the best top tiers win.


 

There is just to much of a gap now between 2 tiers. It's alright saying as bottom tier your support you shouldn't' be taking on an IS7 but when everyone else is dead what choice or chance does your T8 have against a competent IS7, type 5 heavy etc. So support is one thing but bottom line is, influence as bottom tier is restricted to having competent top tiers on your team.



Axelfoley666 #5 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:45 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21639 battles
  • 356
  • [TWD] TWD
  • Member since:
    04-17-2012
Water boarding is a good motivator. Just putting that one out there. :hiding:

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #6 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:50 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 14858 battles
  • 3,092
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

Just look at those top tier tanks on your team as big fatty meat shields. 

Something I've learnt from our cuddly fame player and wannabe dinger Shishxi (who, as far as I know, sees everyone else on the team as meat shields)



Coldspell #7 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 18583 battles
  • 2,095
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013
Well one issue with using them as a meatshield is that on many occasions I've seen a type 5 in a 3-5-7 setup sit behind spawn and try to snipe for a full game.

tankqull #8 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19124 battles
  • 1,120
  • [-FD-] -FD-
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

View PostZe_HOFF_fverhoef, on 21 February 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

Just look at those top tier tanks on your team as big fatty meat shields. 

Something I've learnt from our cuddly fame player and wannabe dinger Shishxi (who, as far as I know, sees everyone else on the team as meat shields)

 

the problem is if everybody behaves that way you will end with two teams redline hugging drawing every game...

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #9 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 14858 battles
  • 3,092
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

View PostColdspell, on 21 February 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Well one issue with using them as a meatshield is that on many occasions I've seen a type 5 in a 3-5-7 setup sit behind spawn and try to snipe for a full game.

 

Nothing beats stupidity :)

I stand corrected. Nothing you can do about that.

 

View Posttankqull, on 21 February 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

 

the problem is if everybody behaves that way you will end with two teams redline hugging drawing every game...

 

In order to make use of your team mates as meatshields, you first need to acknowledge that there are team mates on the map. Most players already have difficulties with that, let alone making use of them.



Thejagdpanther #10 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33024 battles
  • 4,235
  • [TKBS] TKBS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2012

Theoretically it's not a problem, it could be improved with a dinamic formula where top tiers are always less than middle tiers and middle tiers are always less than bottom.

 

The issue of 3-5-7 come out with "statistics and percentages".

With this template you have 20% of chance to be a top tier tank, 33,3% to be a middle and 46,6% to be bottom.

At the end of the day you will have more battles as a bottom tank than a top tier (let's exclude of course the extreme tiers) and without an intervention from WG we could not do anything about that.

That's pretty annoyng, especially if you constantly depend from your pathetic top tiers.

The most annoyng of them all is ending bottom with people that have just bought a tier 8 and don't have any clue where is the f...g front of the tank.



dimethylcadmium #11 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4556 battles
  • 770
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    11-24-2017

View PostThejagdpanther, on 21 February 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Theoretically it's not a problem, it could be improved with a dinamic formula where top tiers are always less than middle tiers and middle tiers are always less than bottom.

 

The issue of 3-5-7 come out with "statistics and percentages".

With this template you have 20% of chance to be a top tier tank, 33,3% to be a middle and 46,6% to be bottom.

At the end of the day you will have more battles as a bottom tank than a top tier (let's exclude of course the extreme tiers) and without an intervention from WG we could not do anything about that.

That's pretty annoyng, especially if you constantly depend from your pathetic top tiers.

The most annoyng of them all is ending bottom with people that have just bought a tier 8 and don't have any clue where is the f...g front of the tank.

 

TBH i'm fine with being bottom tier if my top tiers aren't utter idiots.

Simeon85 #12 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 1,373
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostZe_HOFF_fverhoef, on 21 February 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

Just look at those top tier tanks on your team as big fatty meat shields. 

Something I've learnt from our cuddly fame player and wannabe dinger Shishxi (who, as far as I know, sees everyone else on the team as meat shields)

 

Generally everyone is meatshield or a distraction anyway, but difficult to use people as meatshields if they are not playing any real active part in the game. If every heavy player just was kinda of there taking hits then even if they were not doing any damage then at least you could work round them.

 

Strvs are also some of the worst top tiers to get along with arty because they will be in base and be no use to you as a lower tier. 

 

The other issue is that with the massive power creep of armour, there are often only a handful of guns that can actually deal with certain top tiers, and if they are not doing it you are screwed. 



Thuis001 #13 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5578 battles
  • 383
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-
  • Member since:
    05-29-2015

one way could be to just prevent anyone that doesn't atleast have a 48-49% WR from being top tier in a +2 match. Too often I see top tier players with 45% WR which than do nothing all game, ruining the experience for the rest. Other than that, remove 3/5/7 which could be an improvement



Thejagdpanther #14 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33024 battles
  • 4,235
  • [TKBS] TKBS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2012

View Postdimethylcadmium, on 21 February 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

 

TBH i'm fine with being bottom tier if my top tiers aren't utter idiots.

 

... it's again a "statistical" problem. Since the +60% of the servers population it's an average joe or worse, it's more likely you will end in a bottom position with bobs as top tiers, than any other situation.

VsUK #15 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14288 battles
  • 1,301
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012
It's also flawed how they match teams with tanks. 3/5/7 means the 7 are cannon fodder for the 3 & the 5's get best of both worlds. But when your 3 consists of meds & the enemy 3 consists of super heavy's on a city map. All you can do is try to deal as much damage to offset the cost of the repair before you die.

Tom_Deekanarry #16 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4630 battles
  • 160
  • Member since:
    06-28-2012

3/5/7 is shyte for newer players or anyone who wants the run the tanks in an historical configuration, 2 tier game is ok to a degree but when your a level IV put into games with VI's or even worse a V against VI and VII who just smash you with one shot it gets frustrating to the point you can't be bothered to try!

 


 



OneFromOne #17 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10216 battles
  • 246
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-01-2015

As i was farming Maus recently and been playing it most this weeks (close to scorp G to earn silver) i must say that its more and more Tier X tanks and accounts wich are bought from Ebay.There is few sellers in RU/Asia/EU who sells account with 1 line grinded TX like SuperCon,E100,FV with 3-4k battles win rate 42%+ for 20-35£ and these days its plenty random battles where you can see top tier tank with no clue what hes doing and 3-4k battles under hes belt....its same shiit as it was long time ago when people was cursing about ''idiots'' who create account and straight away buy Tier 8 prem and just drown them self in rivers....the game by WG is upgrading,evolving...same are rednamers and ''unibots''!

 

Thats just part of any online game...dont see any option what can be done or changed by somehow



Jigabachi #18 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17746 battles
  • 17,621
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

It's way too late, the game is beyond repair now.

There doesn't need to be any motivation. If you are good at something, that feeling should be motivation enough for a normal human being.

Instead, WG should have added a progress system right from the beginning, something that keeps bots and human bots in the lower tiers for a longer time, so that you don't get complete morons in tX tanks after only 4k matches. A very basic system that tells people "Sorry, you won't be able to unlock tVIII until you manage to hit one shot per match."

Would even be perfectly ok to add the possibility to bypass it with gold.


Edited by Jigabachi, 21 February 2018 - 03:49 PM.


Simeon85 #19 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 1,373
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

It's probably contributing to more one sided games as well because having one terrible top tier when you have 5 or 6 top tier tanks can be compensated for, having a terrible top tier player when you only have 3, or even worse 2 cos one of your top tiers is arty is hard to compensate for.

 

On a side note arty should really be prevented from being the top tier in a 3-5-7. 



dimethylcadmium #20 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4556 battles
  • 770
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    11-24-2017

View Postdimethylcadmium, on 21 February 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

I had an idea i was reluctant to post, but here it goes:

 

If the top tier player in 3/5/7 at the end of the battle isn't in the Top 5 players by XP, punish them by giving them 0 XP (or xp_from_top_xp_player / 5 = xp_won_for_top_tier_player), win or loss. There is no excuse (skill-wise) NOT to be in Top 5 when you have 2+ Tier advantage.

 

It may seem harsh and there are some situations where the player would be punished not because of his own fault (like connection problems, AFK, getting shot for 80% of your HP by a teammate, etc), but i think it would motivate top tier monkeys to actually give a damn, so many times they just rely on bottom tiers to do everything for them and they feel entitled to do nothing because they have a Tier 9/10 vehicle with better MM.

 

Any thoughts?

Edited by dimethylcadmium, 21 February 2018 - 04:19 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users