Tier 8 problem, balance.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Paavopesusieni #1 Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 9713 battles
  • [FHA] FHA

I really do not enjoy playing tier 8. It is infested with Skorpion Gs and it is without a doubt unbalanced. It is as fast as a medium tank, it hits as hard as tank destroyer, it has great DPM for a "medium tank" and it has a turret so it can brawl. Only thing it lacks is armor, but many other tanks also lack armor. Some might say "Use HE", HE only works on the turret and you can't be constantly firing HE as you need to shoot other tanks as well. Your shots don't instantly turn into HE. It's simply not fun to fight against them and they really don't need much skill to use as they have everything. What ever tank I use at tier 8 I feel like I am always the underdog (worse tank) 

I mean it is better than German tier 8 tech tree tanks for god sake and matchmaking is infested with them. In my opinion Skorpion G is definition of pay to win and devs should do something about it. If the tank had 1700 HP it would be tier 9 tank, I don't see how it can be tier 8 tank and balanced. 

Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:06 PM

General

• Player
  • 18386 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If it's so good why not just get one yourself? 

Paavopesusieni #3 Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 9713 battles
  • [FHA] FHA

View PostEnforcer1975, on 22 February 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

If it's so good why not just get one yourself? 

How does unbalanced vehicle suddenly get fixed if I get it for myself? It does not make any other tier 8 more fun to play, it only amplifies the general problem. 

Edited by Paavopesusieni, 21 February 2018 - 11:08 PM.

arthurwellsley #4 Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50487 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostPaavopesusieni, on 21 February 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

I really do not enjoy playing tier 8. It is infested with Skorpion Gs and it is without a doubt unbalanced. It is as fast as a medium tank, it hits as hard as tank destroyer, it has great DPM for a "medium tank" and it has a turret so it can brawl. Only thing it lacks is armor, but many other tanks also lack armor. Some might say "Use HE", HE only works on the turret and you can't be constantly firing HE as you need to shoot other tanks as well. Your shots don't instantly turn into HE. It's simply not fun to fight against them and they really don't need much skill to use as they have everything. What ever tank I use at tier 8 I feel like I am always the underdog (worse tank) 

I mean it is better than German tier 8 tech tree tanks for god sake and matchmaking is infested with them. In my opinion Skorpion G is definition of pay to win and devs should do something about it. If the tank had 1700 HP it would be tier 9 tank, I don't see how it can be tier 8 tank and balanced. 

Butt hurt after being pwned by a Skorpion G?

This is the second thread of this nature this week. Here is the other one = http://forum.worldof...-why-need-buff/

In fact the Skorpion G is notably worse in most respects than the rhm.

But the biggest reason why actually its quite a balanced tank is the win rate curve, which shows the Skorpion G as bang on average. Thus your comment that "Skorpion G is definition of pay to win" is utterly wrong according to the statistics. If you bought it hoping to buff your win rate you would be severly disappointed, because for the majority of purchasers the statistics show it has done no such thing. Here is the chart proving the numbers;

So it is not unbalanced as you claim.

Paavopesusieni #5 Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 9713 battles
  • [FHA] FHA

*sigh* 

"Butt hurt for getting pwned by Skorpion G?", like really? I am a good player and I can kill Skorpion Gs. When you show curve like that also tell me on what variables it is based on. As I don't believe that or really bad players just pull it downwards. You can't just show curves with no exact explanation how it is graded. 

Actually are you afraid that your OP tanks gets nerfed? It's the tank not you sometimes facts hurt. RHM is not better by any margin. Only reason RHM might do better is because under average players don't move and RHM is better if you just stay in bush whole game, though Skorpion can still good tank for them due to the gun. It's when player who moves with it the imbalance of this specific vehicle comes evident. 

psychobear #6 Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18475 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

View PostPaavopesusieni, on 21 February 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Not sure if trolling or just... whatever. So lemme get this straight: tier 8 tanks play 80%+ of the time in tier 10 battles, meeting Type 5's, Obj. 268 v4's, broken arties etc. and you suddenly got a hard-on for the Skorp and deemed it the devil ruining the tier 8 balance? Wow. I'm impressed.

Rato_Black_Baron #7 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30654 battles

Skorpion G is a very strong vehicle at tier VIII.

View Postarthurwellsley, on 21 February 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

(...) But the biggest reason why actually its quite a balanced tank is the win rate curve, which shows the Skorpion G as bang on average. (...)

But since 9.20.1:
 - with the MM balancing teams with vehicles from certain groups, based on their roles;
 - and with this TD being very popular within the queue;
is very deceiving just looking at WR curves (Jan and Feb 2018). Their performance will tend to the players skill.
So we have to look to the group:

IMHO I think WG chose for the game, the path of unbalance vehicles, with the MM balancing them between the teams.
I'm too noob to know where this path will lead with more work!?

For me this group (arty's delight) seems fine, or I'm just too tired of mega buffs or nerfs?!?

Spoiler

Very popular indeed.

bgjudge #8 Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:44 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28148 battles

View PostPaavopesusieni, on 21 February 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

WG do a lot about this=> They sell more of them and make a lot of money :P

SuperOlsson #9 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20976 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
Nah, how can tier 8 be badly balanced? I mean, wg is “almost done” in rebalancing tier 8-10!

PauI #10 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24351 battles
  • [BV-S] BV-S

Skorp G is not a problem in tier 8.....that is no medium tank....i had tried to play it as a medium and it does not work....it can do some med style play but limited. As an example I feel a lot more comfortable in my Lorr40t than in Skorp G

The issue in tier 8 is the MM (well less of a problem when ranked is happening)

Kooallu #11 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40807 battles
only problem i face in tier 8, 9 and 10 battles are japanese heavys and their derp guns, armor is useless because those derps do allways +300 damage

Geno1isme #12 Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40053 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostPaavopesusieni, on 21 February 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

I really do not enjoy playing tier 8. It is infested with Skorpion Gs and it is without a doubt unbalanced. It is as fast as a medium tank, it hits as hard as tank destroyer, it has great DPM for a "medium tank" and it has a turret so it can brawl. Only thing it lacks is armor, but many other tanks also lack armor.

Well, lets complete that list:

- it turns like a boat

- it has a huge profile -> easy to hit and bad camo rating

- it has horrible turret traverse (usual for turreted TDs), so easy to circle

- rather bad gun-depression over the front and pretty poor gun-elevation, so limited in the positions it can use

- paper armor and huge profile -> can be penned by arty somewhat reliably

What kinda makes it a bit unbalanced is the APCR ammo being too good. With that it' gets almost T10 firepower, and as a premium tank it generates enough credits to be played "gold-only" unlike techtree tanks with the same gun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users