Jump to content


Finally tried Ranked Battles


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:56 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15490 battles
  • 2,254
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

2 battles with Clicker, 1 with Batchat, before the server went to the crapper.

 

 

Gold ammo

I know many complain the gm only has people spamming gold and I used tanks that required none to pen me but during those 3 matches, I was hit by no premium shots ever.

 

Camping

In Westfield, had the meds and lights holding back on their section of the map. At first seemed ridiculous but it proved to be a good thing, since they were properly positioned, we managed to even out the odds in our favour, although we still lost. But by a small fraction.

 

In other maps, not so much camping recorded but many CW tactics.

 

SPGs

2 per side as WG advertised. In one match, just 1. 3+ stuns per shot are very possible and frequent scenarios.

 

B-C 155 58 is the most common SPG. Makes sense.

 

XVM

Of course, XVM. DUH!

No, not just the unicorn plays this game mode. I've been in 2 teams in a row with toms and lemons (including myself, obviously,) enemy side just happened to have less.

 

Elitists saying they wanted a mode for themselves are better off with SH SBMM.

 

Conclusion

Though 3 battles isn't much to say about the game mode, I like what it brings to the game: a place where the worst of WoT is gathered in the worst EU server and kept isolated from the rest for a few hours.

 

Worst server because it's possible to discuss everything WG doesn't want us to in EU2 and not in EU1.

 

And remember:

Spoiler

 



TankkiPoju #2 Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:33 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20014 battles
  • 6,192
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

I watched skill4ltu and Dakillzor play on higher ranks on their Twitch streams.

 

On higher ranks, there is no arty. No one plays clickers. No one really even plays Type 5 because they melt as soon as someone spots them. Too low skill ceiling I guess. It's basically hulldown heavies like Super Conq and Russian meds: 907,140, 430U, with occasional M48 and a batchat.

 



ogremage #3 Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:36 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32848 battles
  • 1,402
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011
The lower ranks are of course tomato and potato territory now. You have no idea how ranked battles play if you haven't gotten to the top rank.

uglycousin #4 Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:41 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 43179 battles
  • 3,540
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014
Lower ranks is where you will find arty. The higher you go the fewer they are. People realised they gain no XP. Allthough, met someone last night in a GW E100 with an overall 45% winrate who was lurking at rank 6-7 ... geesh ...

Carantanien #5 Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:53 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 16815 battles
  • 1,519
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    01-06-2011

View PostTankkiPoju, on 22 February 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

I watched skill4ltu and Dakillzor play on higher ranks on their Twitch streams.

 

On higher ranks, there is no arty. No one plays clickers. No one really even plays Type 5 because they melt as soon as someone spots them. Too low skill ceiling I guess. It's basically hulldown heavies like Super Conq and Russian meds: 907,140, 430U, with occasional M48 and a batchat.

 

Watched 2 or 3 battles.  Lemming train is meta on higher ranks?

 



the_Haba #6 Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:35 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26329 battles
  • 252
  • Member since:
    12-13-2013

It is pointless to try to hold a flank solo. Every mistake will get exploited instantly and you will die. Never. Go. Alone.

 

The frustration of randoms times 3. If you see your team taking bad positions within the first 30 seconds, you know it is a guaranteed loss.



lonigus #7 Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:44 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 32631 battles
  • 7,996
  • Member since:
    09-26-2011

My higher rank experience:

 

  • rush side A or B and pray you are in the team that wins
  • rush side A or B and pray you steal atleast a kill to get a chervron even in a win
  • rush side A or B and pray you dont meet a Super Conq in a hull down position
  • rush side A or B and pray you dont meet a Objv4 on a medium spot bedore you arrive with a medium
  • Not using gold ammo is only a crippling factor and lowers your chances to score a chevron
  • more one sided games on high rank then in a tier 4 random game.
  • end the daily grind bouncing around the same rank for hours
  • frustration multiplier x10 compared to random battles


Ceeb #8 Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:54 AM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30079 battles
  • 5,171
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

Got to level 4 in a few battles, no biggy, Gave up on Fjords, I was in the STRV just retreated from the medium line, to the Arty/TD area

 

Pushed a Sheriden (Purple player) into the water and I feel no shame....Its a game of mode camping in tanks that have no right camping.

 

I still finished 3rd on a loss.

 

I'm done with the mode.



BSHDBCG #9 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:03 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5333 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015

View PostCeeb, on 22 February 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

 

Pushed a Sheriden (Purple player) into the water and I feel no shame....Its a game of mode camping in tanks that have no right camping.

 

 

Well what do you expect when the game rewards people for surviving a long time instead of bold moves?



lonigus #10 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 32631 battles
  • 7,996
  • Member since:
    09-26-2011

View PostBSHDBCG, on 22 February 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

 

Well what do you expect when the game rewards people for surviving a long time instead of bold moves?

 

Still no excuse to grief players by pushing them into water just because you dont like how he plays the game. 

PauI #11 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:08 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24880 battles
  • 386
  • Member since:
    10-15-2011

i got up to rank 5 in my bc25.....got the bonds to purchase the first adv equipment ....vstab for the tank i play most ...lorr40t....

that is about it with me playing ranked.....but i sure hope they bring this a lot more often as it really helps tier 8 MM :D



uglycousin #12 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 43179 battles
  • 3,540
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostCeeb, on 22 February 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Pushed a Sheriden (Purple player) into the water and I feel no shame....Its a game of mode camping in tanks that have no right camping.

 

Wtf dude? Why do that?

BSHDBCG #13 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5333 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015

View Postlonigus, on 22 February 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

 

Still no excuse to grief players by pushing them into water just because you dont like how he plays the game. 

 

True, but wouldn't that point be better made to the person who wrote that, instead of me? :rolleyes:

TankkiPoju #14 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:17 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20014 battles
  • 6,192
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostCarantanien, on 22 February 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

 

Watched 2 or 3 battles.  Lemming train is meta on higher ranks?

 

 

As opposed to holding a flank against multiple enemies like a potato, and dying alone?

 

Yes I guess. Why would any good player die alone on a flank.

 



TheWarrener #15 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:19 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2244 battles
  • 333
  • Member since:
    10-31-2017

View Postuglycousin, on 22 February 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

 

Wtf dude? Why do that?

I guess because he thinks LTS should yolo enemy Cap in first 30 seconds and die 



TankkiPoju #16 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:25 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20014 battles
  • 6,192
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostCeeb, on 22 February 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

Pushed a Sheriden (Purple player) into the water and I feel no shame....Its a game of mode camping in tanks that have no right camping.

 

I bet the Sheridan was in front lines the entire time, but just retreated before you did.

 

You just didn't notice it.



trispect #17 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33277 battles
  • 1,765
  • [HSOP] HSOP
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011

High rank experience: Everyone goes on the same side and because of the current map meta everyone meet at the chokepoint and after that it's 12vs12 close quarters brawl. Beyond annoying trying to play and try to get shots and not getting killed in the process because it's not only several enemy tanks you have to worry about but also your own teammates. 

 

Only good thing about playing ranked at higher tiers is that there's no arty. Other than that it's unbelievably frustrating, dull mass brawling and _very_ expensive on every map where the fight ends in mass brawl since you have to shoot gold and you ding and miss lot of shots on hull down enemy tanks and snapshotting when you try to either avoid getting hit by enemy or getting shot off before some idiot ally drives in front of you.  

 



lonigus #18 Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 32631 battles
  • 7,996
  • Member since:
    09-26-2011

View PostBSHDBCG, on 22 February 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

 

True, but wouldn't that point be better made to the person who wrote that, instead of me? :rolleyes:

 

I was not attacking you in any way.  :)

Edited by lonigus, 22 February 2018 - 10:04 AM.


Ceeb #19 Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30079 battles
  • 5,171
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostBSHDBCG, on 22 February 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

 

Well what do you expect when the game rewards people for surviving a long time instead of bold moves?

 

Agreed !

 

View Postlonigus, on 22 February 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

 

Still no excuse to grief players by pushing them into water just because you dont like how he plays the game. 

 

I agree with this also, but I wasn't the only one annoyed... two 3rds of the team were clicking on this guy. He wasn't spotting anything.  As this was the 4th or 5th game I saw tanks (in a mode I've never played) not doing anything and letting everyone. This guy moved 30 meters from the cap and stayed there. If this had been some Red guy I would have ignored him in truth.

 

View Postuglycousin, on 22 February 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

 

Wtf dude? Why do that?

 

Saw red... as I've said... not one fk given. Hiding behind TDs in a light at his level.... was selfish... but that's the entire mode its a selfish to the core.

 

View PostTankkiPoju, on 22 February 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

 

I bet the Sheridan was in front lines the entire time, but just retreated before you did.

 

You just didn't notice it.

 

He wasn't and see above..



lonigus #20 Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:05 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 32631 battles
  • 7,996
  • Member since:
    09-26-2011

View Posttrispect, on 22 February 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

High rank experience: Everyone goes on the same side and because of the current map meta everyone meet at the chokepoint and after that it's 12vs12 close quarters brawl. Beyond annoying trying to play and try to get shots and not getting killed in the process because it's not only several enemy tanks you have to worry about but also your own teammates. 

 

Only good thing about playing ranked at higher tiers is that there's no arty. Other than that it's unbelievably frustrating, dull mass brawling and _very_ expensive on every map where the fight ends in mass brawl since you have to shoot gold and you ding and miss lot of shots on hull down enemy tanks and snapshotting when you try to either avoid getting hit by enemy or getting shot off before some idiot ally drives in front of you.  

 

 

Is it just me, but I dont remember such brawling massacres during the first ranked battles.

 

View PostCeeb, on 22 February 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

 

I agree with this also, but I wasn't the only one annoyed... two 3rds of the team were clicking on this guy. He wasn't spotting anything.  As this was the 4th or 5th game I saw tanks (in a mode I've never played) not doing anything and letting everyone. This guy moved 30 meters from the cap and stayed there. If this had been some Red guy I would have ignored him in truth.

 

 

Oh believe me I can fully understand that rage brewing inside of you during ranked battles, but still...

 


Edited by lonigus, 22 February 2018 - 10:08 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users