Will the AMX Even help me?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Dru_UK #1 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6562 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

So I am at T7 in French Tank LT grind in AMX13 75, about 40 matches in.

I like it and the AMX12t that came before, like their play style and so far I think I'm contributing to the teams when out on the battle field.

Before that came the AMX ELC and I sucked in it big time!

So as I progress along tech tree, I find myself asking/thinking if I should buy the AMX Even premium tank?

It is small and fast like the ELC

It has small number of crew

Can I use it as a crew trainer?

Will is actually teach me any thing I need to know to play the rest of the French light tank/medium tank line?

Or is it waste of money and should just play the AMX12t (as crew trainer) and AMX1375 as grind towards T8's?

TIA

Dru

xx984 #2 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:41 AM

Major

• Player
  • 55039 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
I don't think getting it is a bad idea, decent tank. And will grind you loads of creds too

Search_Warrant #3 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27192 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

its small and its top speed is good but.... "fast" is kinda wierd. its hp/t is pretty bad from standstill. its a OK fun tank (depends on person) but its not really good at anything.

It will teach you allot about the line and it plays allot like the line in general but you might be surprised that you get spotted mroe easily in the AMX's than Even90 coz even90 camo is amazingly good.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 22 February 2018 - 09:42 AM.

Dru_UK #4 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6562 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 22 February 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

its small and its top speed is good but.... "fast" is kinda wierd. its hp/t is pretty bad from standstill. its a OK fun tank (depends on person) but its not really good at anything.

It will teach you allot about the line and it plays allot like the line in general but you might be surprised that you get spotted mroe easily in the AMX's than Even90 coz even90 camo is amazingly good.

so in theory it could actually make me worse in the other tanks as those tanks are bigger/have less camo rating (i.e. I can be badly positioned in Even90) and still not get spotted - so is more forgiving, but can make me create bad habits?

Simeon85 #5 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:48 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Even-90 feels more like the old-style French lights, with bad gun handling, long clip reloads and general sluggishness for a light.

Since the re-balance the tech tree French lights got much better handling, smaller clips with faster reloads, more hp/ton so they accelerate and turn better. 

I'd say the tech tree French lights are more assassins now, whereas the Even-90 is more of a dedicated scout, but if you can make it work I'd reckon you can make the Bat Chat 12t and 13-90 work as they are more comfortable tanks.

As Search says the Even-90 has more camo and is much smaller so is able to do spotting things that the other tanks won't, but then the other tanks are much better in other areas (as in dealing damage). 

Search_Warrant #6 Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:51 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27192 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostDru_UK, on 22 February 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

so in theory it could actually make me worse in the other tanks as those tanks are bigger/have less camo rating (i.e. I can be badly positioned in Even90) and still not get spotted - so is more forgiving, but can make me create bad habits?

Maybe, depends on how good you are at adapting to new tanks. the tank earns credits but 175pen at tier 8 is REALLY terrible and is a real d*ck move from WG to do. no reason LT's should get shafted with no armor while keeping 900hp with a potato launcher gun.

Just realise when you play a light tank that you may just die after 1-2 shots. because WG dont give them the tools they need to do there god dam job.

Edit: @Simeon

Even90 is a dam good camo ambusher. you can be in open space realy close to some tanks and wait for the retacle to close then unload and run away. not many LT's can do that, Even90 has 9 gun depression which is amazing for a FRENCH tank. it requries some skill to use but when you learn the ways of the Cheeky-Breeky you can seriously hurt enemies (when your not reloading for 30 days)

Edited by Search_Warrant, 22 February 2018 - 09:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users