Serious suggestion on premium ammo

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

Habad #1 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 54075 battles
  • [SCREW] SCREW

Limit premium ammo to maximum 10% of total ammo rack. So u will have to use these with brain, on right targets, and in right situations, instead of loading 80-100% of rack with premium ammo and going: "lo lo lo i wery stronk skillz.

That will be the first and quite big step, to make WoT great again.

Pvt_Duffer #2 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16658 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Get a job.

Then you too can afford to go full goldz. and *you* will be very stronk skillz

Shivva #3 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29794 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

Why woud it make any difference to you what ammo people use?

If they would have penned you with Ap and they use gold then it makes no difference, you would have taken the dmg anyway.

Unless of course you expect people to just keep using AP when it won't pen you...so you want people to sit there bouncing shot after shot off heavily armoured tanks.

IF you expect the 2nd then you're as dumb as the person shooting AP over and over for no dmg.

Habad #4 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 54075 battles
  • [SCREW] SCREW

View PostShivva, on 22 February 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

Why woud it make any difference to you what ammo people use?

If they would have penned you with Ap and they use gold then it makes no difference, you would have taken the dmg anyway.

Unless of course you expect people to just keep using AP when it won't pen you...so you want people to sit there bouncing shot after shot off heavily armoured tanks.

IF you expect the 2nd then you're as dumb as the person shooting AP over and over for no dmg.

Simple. To force people actually to aim at weak spots, and save premium ammo for those targets they actually can't pen with standard ammo. Premium ammo negates armor of many tanks, why to aim somewhere, if u can kill it on auto aim? It removes skill, and makes game lame pay to win, or pay for skillz fest. 

HQ65 #5 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29471 battles
  • [CMERC] CMERC
I wonder why this is alwyas a topic. Premium ammo is in the game....part of the game....something you just have to live with and accept...

tankqull #6 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20924 battles
  • [-FD-] -FD-

View Postmatherk, on 22 February 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

I wonder why this is alwyas a topic. Premium ammo is in the game....part of the game....something you just have to live with and accept...

just imagine you have cancer, do you just accept it and live with it just because its a part of your body - instead of fighting it trying to survive it?

Habad #7 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 54075 battles
  • [SCREW] SCREW

View Postmatherk, on 22 February 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

So you think we just have to accept every crap WG throws at us? Nice thinking mate, this world loves people like you.

Noo_Noo #8 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21646 battles

View PostHabad, on 22 February 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

Limit premium ammo to maximum 10% of total ammo rack. So u will have to use these with brain, on right targets, and in right situations, instead of loading 80-100% of rack with premium ammo and going: "lo lo lo i wery stronk skillz.

That will be the first and quite big step, to make WoT great again.

Another ill conceived idea that will only result in super heavies dominating the game more than they already do. Of course it had nothing to do with your poor positioning. 

Please think through your idea with great care and then try to understand how things will develop if you change them. 

Aikl #9 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25536 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Where were you when Brumbarr's "gold spam challenge" started? You could literally win fame, and gold, by proving that premium ammo indeed leads to "lo lo lo wery stronk skillz".

Anyway, it's hard to take a suggestion seriously when there's no argumentation for how it will work out. I can think of numerous issues, not the least because I've seen this suggestion multiple times already. Also, I've yet to see a stand-alone suggestion that has any reasonable chance to work, and doubt I ever will. Feel free to prove me wrong instead of dismissing me.

Shivva #10 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29794 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View PostHabad, on 22 February 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

Simple. To force people actually to aim at weak spots, and save premium ammo for those targets they actually can't pen with standard ammo. Premium ammo negates armor of many tanks, why to aim somewhere, if u can kill it on auto aim? It removes skill, and makes game lame pay to win, or pay for skillz fest. 

lol yeah all those weakspots on the new heavies ye mean?...gtf son, you've not got a clue.

Habad #11 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 54075 battles
  • [SCREW] SCREW

View PostNoo_Noo, on 22 February 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Another ill conceived idea that will only result in super heavies dominating the game more than they already do. Of course it had nothing to do with your poor positioning. 

Please think through your idea with great care and then try to understand how things will develop if you change them. 

Super heavies u mean Type 4 and Type 5? Cuz Maus and E-100 can be defeated with standard ammo. U can easily rebalance Type 4/5 and give them some small weak spots. Same way u can rebalance other overarmored heavy tanks. Making tanks premium ammo magnets like Type 4/5 was never good idea anyway.

And yes, i'm always thinking, instead of just dropping random stuff out of the sky.

Hedgehog1963 #12 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51270 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

Don't like premium ammo? Don't use it.

Don't presume to dictate what others do.

Bora_BOOM #13 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:08 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22615 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Scenario #1:

Over-buffed armored tank --> you can’t pen --> load gold --> lose credits --> spend real money for premium content --> WG makes profit

Scenario #2:

Normal armor tanks --> you pen  --> you save credits --> you don’t spend money for premium content --> WG makes less/no profit.

We have less of #2 and getting more of #1. And that is not going to change, you can place a bet on it.

Habad #14 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 54075 battles
  • [SCREW] SCREW

View PostAikl, on 22 February 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

Where were you when Brumbarr's "gold spam challenge" started? You could literally win fame, and gold, by proving that premium ammo indeed leads to "lo lo lo wery stronk skillz".

Anyway, it's hard to take a suggestion seriously when there's no argumentation for how it will work out. I can think of numerous issues, not the least because I've seen this suggestion multiple times already. Also, I've yet to see a stand-alone suggestion that has any reasonable chance to work, and doubt I ever will. Feel free to prove me wrong instead of dismissing me.

What challenge that was, standard ammo vs premium ammo duels or something like that? Ofc if u are dumb, premium ammo wont make u purple, or blue, but in fact it will make things easier for you no matter what kind of skill player you are, much much easier. I guess most of these blue and purple players spam premium ammo for good reason.

Bora_BOOM #15 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22615 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostHabad, on 22 February 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

What challenge that was, standard ammo vs premium ammo duels or something like that? Ofc if u are dumb, premium ammo wont make u purple, or blue, but in fact it will make things easier for you no matter what kind of skill player you are, much much easier. I guess most of these blue and purple players spam premium ammo for good reason.

Your guess is only halfway true.

Dingers are red and orange players that spam premium ammo for no reason. :P

HQ65 #16 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29471 battles
  • [CMERC] CMERC

View Posttankqull, on 22 February 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

just imagine you have cancer, do you just accept it and live with it just because its a part of your body - instead of fighting it trying to survive it?

Am I reading correct? You are comparing Premium Ammo with cancer?

Noo_Noo #17 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21646 battles

View PostHabad, on 22 February 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

Super heavies u mean Type 4 and Type 5? Cuz Maus and E-100 can be defeated with standard ammo. U can easily rebalance Type 4/5 and give them some small weak spots. Same way u can rebalance other overarmored heavy tanks. Making tanks premium ammo magnets like Type 4/5 was never good idea anyway.

And yes, i'm always thinking, instead of just dropping random stuff out of the sky.

Really?

Here's the tank model for the E100 facing a OBJ140 (Equal tier) with standard ammo. It doesn't look like a 100% reliable penetration frontally to me. Then what about tier 9 and tier 8 tanks? What do they do? Use bad language? 

https://tanks.gg/tan...odel?cs=obj-140

My point is that if you limit premium ammo per tank, what happens when you meet a tank that needs it and your load out is insufficient? Plays perfectly into the hands of the super heavy players. 

The way I see it if you're taking damage and you're not intending to then you're doing something wrong. 

Edited by Noo_Noo, 22 February 2018 - 01:17 PM.

Aikl #18 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25536 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHabad, on 22 February 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

So, your serious suggestion wasn't limited to setting a limit of premium ammo after all? Doubt you're thinking much if you didn't think to put that little detail into your first post; it doesn't exactly do you any favours, just saying. Adding weakspots is a good idea on its own, even independent from premium ammo.

It would also be a good idea to include what you are basing your reasoning on, a bit of detailed analysis into your played tanks suggests you have somewhat limited grounds for suggesting changes to premium ammo.

View PostHabad, on 22 February 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

​Attempting to beat a unicum's non-premium average damage in a tank of your choosing with free ammo use.

This further confuses me as to what your opinion is or what your suggestion is meant to solve. May I recommend making a new thread where you put more effort into the first post than replying to criticism?

Edited by Aikl, 22 February 2018 - 01:22 PM.

Habad #19 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 54075 battles
  • [SCREW] SCREW

View PostAikl, on 22 February 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

So, your serious suggestion wasn't limited to setting a limit of premium ammo after all? Doubt you're thinking much if you didn't think to put that little detail into your first post; it doesn't exactly do you any favours, just saying. Adding weakspots is a good idea on its own, even independent from premium ammo.

It would also be a good idea to include what you are basing your reasoning on, a bit of detailed analysis into your played tanks suggests you have somewhat limited grounds for suggesting changes to premium ammo.

My suggestion is extremely simple and easy to apply. Use premium ammo against right targets, in right situations (that needs skill). Ofc here are overarmored tanks which needs fix with or without premium ammo. Pretty much whole japanese heavy line is stupid as it is now, and needs fixing. Just lame premium ammo magnets. I play this game since 2010, and back then, when premium ammo spam was almost unexistant, game was superior, and needed much more skill than it is now. Ofc premium ammo in not the only problem of this game, but one of the main problems.

View PostNoo_Noo, on 22 February 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

Really?

Here's the tank model for the E100 facing a OBJ140 (Equal tier) with standard ammo. It doesn't look like a 100% reliable penetration frontally to me. Then what about tier 9 and tier 8 tanks? What do they do? Use bad language? 

https://tanks.gg/tan...odel?cs=obj-140

My point is that if you limit premium ammo per tank, what happens when you meet a tank that needs it and your load out is insufficient? Plays perfectly into the hands of the super heavy players. 

The way I see it if you're taking damage and you're not intending to then you're doing something wrong. 

Lower plate of E-100 is a cheese. And as my suggestion says: "use premium ammo against right targets and in right situations". Is that so hard to understand?

Edited by NickMustaine, 22 February 2018 - 02:04 PM.

HQ65 #20 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29471 battles
  • [CMERC] CMERC

View PostHabad, on 22 February 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

So you think we just have to accept every crap WG throws at us? Nice thinking mate, this world loves people like you.

Of course you don't have to accept it....It's called choice, you can choose to play or not....Totally up to you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users