Damage / HP

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

steyrman_2016 #1 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19452 battles

Time for a moan :-)

There is something seriously wrong with the way this bloke Al Gorithm calculates stuff.

Example 1) Using my Stug IIIG armed with 75mm L/71 and standard AP at about 150 yds on Pilsen, I put about 5 shots into the turret of a Churchill 1, right next to the gun, which is aiming at me and firing back.    Every shot penetrates the turret and yet, there is no reduction in the rate of fire or the accuracy of the Churchill.    At one point however, one of my shots that clearly penetrates the turret, causes the right hand track to break.

This "Critical damage" was the only thing recorded on the column at the end of the game.  No gun damage, no Gunner or loader killed.   I had to take all of the HP from the Churchill and kill it to make a difference.

Example 2). Using my Panzer IVH with a derp gun, I take all but one HP out of a fast meduim tank with one shot and yet, he was still able to move and fire back accurately and rapidly with no apparent penalty.

Example 3). Whilst using my JagdPanther equipped with the 10.5 Pak and standard AP, fire on the rear of an M6 from about 50 yards.  The rear of the M6 is not angled and I am square on to the tank and yet, the shot bounces as do the next couple into the glacis plate when it turns and faces me.

Example 4)  Using the same tank, I fire on another JagdPanther which is in good cover where I can only see the very top of the vehicle i.e. comander's hatch thickness.  AP just bounces, fair enough, just skids of the top.  I then use HE and causing minor damage which, at the end of the game, is shown as a broken track.

The ability of an enemy vehicle to return fire without any apparent penalty with less that say 25% of its HP left is crap in itself.  Whilst I accept that the game needs to be playable, some of this is rediculous and needs adjusting.   Once your HP reaches say, 25% left, it must have speed, rate of fire and accuracy affected.  To be able to continue to olperate normally is a total farce.

Goldshock #2 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22016 battles
Youre used to play warthunder? This Game doesnt play like that. Get used to It.

Edited by Goldshock, 23 February 2018 - 02:10 PM.

Shivva #3 Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29809 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View Poststeyrman_2016, on 23 February 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

There is something seriously wrong with the way this bloke Al Gorithm calculates stuff.

Example 1) Using my Stug IIIG armed with 75mm L/71 and standard AP at about 150 yds on Pilsen, I put about 5 shots into the turret of a Churchill 1, right next to the gun, which is aiming at me and firing back.    Every shot penetrates the turret and yet, there is no reduction in the rate of fire or the accuracy of the Churchill.    At one point however, one of my shots that clearly penetrates the turret, causes the right hand track to break.

This "Critical damage" was the only thing recorded on the column at the end of the game.  No gun damage, no Gunner or loader killed.   I had to take all of the HP from the Churchill and kill it to make a difference.

Example 2). Using my Panzer IVH with a derp gun, I take all but one HP out of a fast meduim tank with one shot and yet, he was still able to move and fire back accurately and rapidly with no apparent penalty.

Example 3). Whilst using my JagdPanther equipped with the 10.5 Pak and standard AP, fire on the rear of an M6 from about 50 yards.  The rear of the M6 is not angled and I am square on to the tank and yet, the shot bounces as do the next couple into the glacis plate when it turns and faces me.

Example 4)  Using the same tank, I fire on another JagdPanther which is in good cover where I can only see the very top of the vehicle i.e. comander's hatch thickness.  AP just bounces, fair enough, just skids of the top.  I then use HE and causing minor damage which, at the end of the game, is shown as a broken track.

The ability of an enemy vehicle to return fire without any apparent penalty with less that say 25% of its HP left is crap in itself.  Whilst I accept that the game needs to be playable, some of this is rediculous and needs adjusting.   Once your HP reaches say, 25% left, it must have speed, rate of fire and accuracy affected.  To be able to continue to olperate normally is a total farce.

Useless without replays, we only have your observational bias to go on, I'm prety sure if you put up replays ( and times of incidents) that we can explain it though.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I don't believe anything you wrote there. Replay or it didn't happen.

Also, you should learn how the game works before writing things like that.

Edited by Jigabachi, 23 February 2018 - 03:54 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67337 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Think you have mistaken this game for WT. That's where you get those stuff. WOT is an arcade game at the core. It's not a hardcore tank sim. It's the tank game aimed at the casual gamer, not the hardcore. I suspect if they did have those penalties like with the arty stun on derps or simply hitting the turret/gun and adding penalties based on your HP. The game would be to complicated for some, or less fun. So I doubt the game would be as big as it is today then.

So if you want those "penalties", there are other games for you instead. WT for instance is crit based. They don't have HP for the tank, they have HP on modules. So it's the damage your modules take that decides if you are out or not. As big guns there has a chance to one shot most tanks if they take out half the crew and damage the ammo rack etc in the same shot. Not in WOT. As again, keyword here is "Arcade" and "casual".

View Poststeyrman_2016, on 23 February 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

Unless you hit the track or lied about the angle. The 200mm pen 10.5 gun will have a 100% chance to pen the flat rear armor of the M6, even on a low pen roll unless you get the 70 degree or higher impact angle ofc. As then you need 125 mm gun or higher to deal with that.  So replay or it did not happen.

Edited by Balc0ra, 23 February 2018 - 04:01 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #6 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles
Took you long enough to figure out that WOT is an arcade game.

Karasu_Hidesuke #7 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16170 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 23 February 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Took you long enough to figure out that WOT is an arcade game.

The only flaw with the 'WoT is an arcade game' argument is that in an arcade game you just point, click and things go boom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7mn9LOcSo0

Edited by Browarszky, 23 February 2018 - 04:35 PM.

Dava_117 #8 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20196 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Why should a tank have penality for losing HP? You have module for that. HP merely represents the beating your tank can sustain before the crew leave it.

Want to reduce accuracy? Aim to the gun or gunner. Want to reduce movement speed? Aim to engine or driver. And so on.

Shivva #9 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29809 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
Guess that's the last we'll see of the OP until the next time he finds a game mechanic he doesn't comprehend...so give it around 30secs.

Xino9922 #10 Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16048 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostJigabachi, on 23 February 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

I don't believe anything you wrote there. Replay or it didn't happen.

Also, you should learn how the game works before writing things like that.

15.000+ battles... if he hasn't learned by now, he'll probably never learn :harp:

Spoiler

Bordhaw #11 Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11966 battles

View Poststeyrman_2016, on 23 February 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

RNG

Spurtung #12 Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 65851 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Poststeyrman_2016, on 23 February 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Once your HP reaches say, 25% left, it must have speed, rate of fire and accuracy affected.  To be able to continue to olperate normally is a total farce.

Once HP is under 10% that might happen, but not in the way you want.

AliceUnchained #13 Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View Poststeyrman_2016, on 23 February 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

Example 1) Using my Stug IIIG armed with 75mm L/71 and standard AP at about 150 yds on Pilsen

If you're so adamant about details, and least get the gun right; It's the Pak 42 L/70. And Germans used centimeters, not millimeters to denote caliber. Also, we have meters in WoT. Not yards. Beyond that, you sound like you've only just started playing this game. Which strikes me as rather odd, as supposedly you've played over 15.000 games already and none of what you described here changed much if at all over the years. So... how much did you pay for the account on E-Bay eh?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users