Jump to content


Recent In-Game Survey


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Archaean #1 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14990 battles
  • 1,167
  • [S4LT] S4LT
  • Member since:
    04-25-2015

There was a recent in-game survey. It was very interesting, asking if there's something special about this patch and a couple of questions regarding the well balanced Defender.

the only part that's wrong with the defender is its turret. it should be replaced with the is-7 turret to make it completely balanced.



Kozzy #2 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
Is this real?  Jeez, can WG not see the data on this tank for themselves?  I have the obj252 and it is clearly WAY better than its tech-tree equivalents.  I wonder if they added this survey to make people think WG are listening to feedback but they will the post bogus 'results' from this feedback to say "all is well and people are happy with the Defender as it currently is"... 

Edited by Kozzy, 23 February 2018 - 02:40 PM.


Zinomov #3 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:43 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20239 battles
  • 216
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN
  • Member since:
    10-13-2014

View PostKozzy, on 23 February 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

Is this real?  Jeez, can WG not see the data on this tank for themselves?  I have the obj252 and it is clearly WAY better than its tech-tree equivalents.  I wonder if they added this survey to make people think WG are listening to feedback but they will the post bogus 'results' from this feedback to say "all is well and people are happy with the Defender as it currently is"... 

 

brother
if they were able to see the data of each tank in this game we would've had a balanced WOT ages ago ...

 

how pathetic to see that the developers themselves can't see what is already obvious



leggasiini #4 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12286 battles
  • 6,065
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012
I guess they are gathering opinions of the playerbase so they can decide on if they want to sell it or not...

Zinomov #5 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20239 battles
  • 216
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN
  • Member since:
    10-13-2014
i personally own a defender, and i'll tell you something, if it gets into tier 6-7-8 games, it's beyond OP
on the other hand tier 9 and 10 tanks can easely rebalance the hell out of it 

8126Jakobsson #6 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:49 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 62622 battles
  • 3,085
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostZinomov, on 23 February 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

 

brother
if they were able to see the data of each tank in this game we would've had a balanced WOT ages ago ...

 

how pathetic to see that the developers themselves can't see what is already obvious

 

Of course they can see, and understand, the data. They just don't care all that much about balance.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 47593 battles
  • 1,371
  • [RU18] RU18
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Postleggasiini, on 23 February 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

I guess they are gathering opinions of the playerbase so they can decide on if they want to sell it or not...

 

Kind of late don't you think? since they already claimed chastity and decided not to sell it on EU. How lame are these guys?

 

Edit: but then again for those to have a successful business worth millions of dollars is purely our fault not theirs!


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 23 February 2018 - 02:56 PM.


leggasiini #8 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:51 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12286 battles
  • 6,065
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 23 February 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

 

Kind of late don't you think? since they already claimed chastity and decided not to sell it on EU. How lame are these guys?

 

Maybe for future plans? I mean other servers did sell it, but on EU it was still decided not to sell it now. AFAIK they said that "we are not selling it FOR NOW", so there is still a chance for the Defender to return in the future.

 

The day that happens I will play nothing but my O-Ho.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #9 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 47593 battles
  • 1,371
  • [RU18] RU18
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Postleggasiini, on 23 February 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

The day that happens I will play nothing but my O-Ho.

 

That's funny but why not play the type 5 and stomp on 2 or 3 defenders :)

leggasiini #10 Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12286 battles
  • 6,065
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 23 February 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

 

That's funny but why not play the type 5 and stomp on 2 or 3 defenders :)

 

Well I need to play something to fund my Type 5 ammo costs :trollface:

XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 47593 battles
  • 1,371
  • [RU18] RU18
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Postleggasiini, on 23 February 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

 

Well I need to play something to fund my Type 5 ammo costs :trollface:

 

Roughly how much do you lose in a type 5 battle using full gold? cause i don't "feel" that it costs a lot compared to other tier 10s (IS7, 140. etc.,)



Simeon85 #12 Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:08 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 2,231
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postleggasiini, on 23 February 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

I guess they are gathering opinions of the playerbase so they can decide on if they want to sell it or not...

 

Based on the comments we have seen from those demanding to have it + the general level of terribleness of most players in the game which means even the Defender can't often save these players, I wouldn't be surprised if the feedback they get from this survey says the tank is fine. 

 

We have people consistently asking for more and more armour put on heavy tanks and people consistently failing in them despite every single advantage sitting with heavy tanks, so it wouldn't surprise me if all the Steve's out there thought the Defender was weak. 


Edited by Simeon85, 23 February 2018 - 03:09 PM.


leggasiini #13 Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:39 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12286 battles
  • 6,065
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 23 February 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

 

Roughly how much do you lose in a type 5 battle using full gold? cause i don't "feel" that it costs a lot compared to other tier 10s (IS7, 140. etc.,)

 

In matches where I shoot like very little and get multiple HE pens, I break even and dont really lose credits. In matches which involve a lot of blindfires and/or shitty RNG with shots, with a lot of shots fired, I may lost +50k credits. I have lost as much credits as 150k in one battle, where I fired 32 times, missed a lot of them (basically it was a super long campy Malinovka game with a lot of blindfires and snapshots at pixel hulldown tanks at 400m as I was on low HP by myself).

 

On average you should expect to lose somewhere between 20k and 40k credits.



Simeon85 #14 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 2,231
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

And look - http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/663315-defender-back-on-eu/

 

Showing that the playerbase is it's own worst enemy.  WG for once makes a sensible decision not to sell clear pay to win and over powered premium and you still get people demanding it be sold. 



Tankyouverymuch2 #15 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29610 battles
  • 1,228
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostSimeon85, on 23 February 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

And look - http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/663315-defender-back-on-eu/

 

Showing that the playerbase is it's own worst enemy.  WG for once makes a sensible decision not to sell clear pay to win and over powered premium and you still get people demanding it be sold. 

 

You just basically described cancer. Feeding off its host to grow in strength and eventually dying together WITH the host when its size and power exceeds the limits of the system.

 

I'm talking about the playerbase here if that wasn't clear enough.


Edited by Tankyouverymuch2, 23 February 2018 - 04:29 PM.


Browarszky #16 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 15922 battles
  • 3,505
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM



_Crusad3r_ #17 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29121 battles
  • 1,583
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012
I had a similar one as well but it was about Operation Gambit and questions about the 907 :D (linked it in Frontline News) https://imgur.com/a/jwHHg

Edited by _Crusad3r_, 23 February 2018 - 05:02 PM.


WindSplitter1 #18 Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:56 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15430 battles
  • 2,225
  • [KROLL] KROLL
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 23 February 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

 

You just basically described cancer. Feeding off its host to grow in strength and eventually dying together WITH the host when its size and power exceeds the limits of the system.

 

This makes so much sense... Well phrased.



NoPoet406 #19 Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2408 battles
  • 494
  • [USAW] USAW
  • Member since:
    07-01-2016
What a surprise that the only tank ever to have a survey is a Soviet one. Looking at the tanks in my garage, which are mostly non-Soviet, WG would be getting some very interesting feedback if they ever bother to ask about them. Which they won't.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users