(WARNING: Vent): I have really had it with the increased occurrence of ammo racks

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

UserZer00 #1 Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9159 battles

As the topic says, I have really had it with the increased occurrence of ammo racks

Does anyone know of a site which shows the interior layout of each tank?  So far the sites I have found have little data with regards to where the critical items are located inside the tanks.

It just seems to me that the tanks I have been driving (US medium line, Chinese medium line and now the Tiger 131 ) seem to be 99% ammo rack.

I'd like to know where the ammo is stored in the tanks so I can try to better protect those areas.

In reality, I think they could dial back the occurrence of critical hits, but that's just wishful thinking

I don't think this thread needs comments like

- Learn to play

- Just don't get hit

- Get Skully on the case

- etc

but if you feel the need, go ahead and make them anyway. It doesn't cost anything.

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37336 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Increased use of aimbots for sure.

Personally, it all seems to be shots hitting my tracks at just the wrong moment.

All anecdotal ofc:)

Spurtung #3 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61582 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

You need to up your google fu.

Here, I hope I don't need to explain how to navigate.

Aikl #4 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I think WoT Inspector gives you module/X-ray view for free: https://wotinspector.com/en/

Skins showing modules on tanks isn't illegal, so you could use that - but I'm pretty sure getting hung up on hitting ammoracks will cause you to miss/bounce more shots. Doubt it matters much anyway - funnily enough ammoracks are often in vulnerable places.

UserZer00 #5 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9159 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 23 February 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

You need to up your google fu.

Here, I hope I don't need to explain how to navigate.

You don't have to explain, but if it makes you feel superior, please feel free to do so.

I promise that I'll even read it and pretend not to understand so you can add some more sarcasm.

I click on the blue part of the text? Right?

Spurtung #6 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61582 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostAikl, on 23 February 2018 - 11:04 PM, said:

I think WoT Inspector gives you module/X-ray view for free: https://wotinspector.com/en/

Skins showing modules on tanks isn't illegal, so you could use that - but I'm pretty sure getting hung up on hitting ammoracks will cause you to miss/bounce more shots. Doubt it matters much anyway - funnily enough ammoracks are often in vulnerable places.

UserZer00 #7 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9159 battles

View PostAikl, on 23 February 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

Thanks. 

I don't want skins for in game. I just want to know where the items are on the tanks I am using.

Since I am no good at aiming at weak spots I don't think I'll have much more luck trying for modules. 

I just make sure the little circle thingie is green before I shoot.  That's the extent of my 52 year old aiming skills.

evilchaosmonkey #8 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16618 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

OK slightly off topic and risking hax posts.  Back in 2016 meta and tank balance (yada yada yada etc. so not deadly accurate anymore - if ever)

If you are suspicious, check your player's demolition expert medal count and divide by number of battles after 2014 (important that bit). 

If they are way outside the curve below they may be uber skilled at aiming/lucky/cheating.

UserZer00 #9 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9159 battles

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 23 February 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

OK slightly off topic and risking hax posts.  Back in 2016 meta and tank balance (yada yada yada etc. so not deadly accurate anymore - if ever)

If you are suspicious, check your player's demolition expert medal count and divide by number of battles after 2014 (important that bit). 

If they are way outside the curve below they may be uber skilled at aiming/lucky/cheating.

Thanks for the info.

I don't suspect hax or cheating. I'm sure it's more me exposing too much of the wrong part of my tanks,

Nice graph though.

Archaean #10 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14990 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostUserZer00, on 23 February 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

Thanks for the info.

I don't suspect hax or cheating. I'm sure it's more me exposing too much of the wrong part of my tanks,

Nice graph though.

That's a nice mentality you have. Just so you know, even if you get hit in your ammo rack there is only a 25% chance it will get damaged. And don't forget that ammo racks also have HP. The perk Wet Ammorack actually increases that hp every so slightly. It's fairly possible if you get hit by a low caliber gun that your ammorack actually gets damaged but it's still in the "green". You will have a "true" damaged ammo rack only if it falls below 50% hp and a destroyed ammo rack if it hits 0. Different gun calibers have different module damage to them. Look it up on the wot wiki.

Dava_117 #11 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18519 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
I use a mobile app called Armour Inspector. The free version gives full access to armour layout (for every tank) and module location (for almost every tank WG shared the locations). In addition it gives a basical armour comparison (for every shell and for every standard tank up to tier 8).

Balc0ra #12 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64344 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostUserZer00, on 23 February 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

- Learn to play

- Just don't get hit

- Get Skully on the case

- etc

but if you feel the need, go ahead and make them anyway. It doesn't cost anything.

Well some tanks like the Bulldog and IS-3 are wandering ammo racks, as all the side is more or less the ammo rack. Chinese & German tanks equally so as they have ammo more or less all of the middle hull, or turret for the Germans. If you find it to ruin your gameplay so much. There is only two things you can do. Safe stowage and wet ammo rack. Some tanks should not be played without it. My Bulldog went from getting killed on the first hit in 3 out 6 games to getting it damaged 1 out 10 games. So try that first.

And moaning is free to. So there is that.

Edited by Balc0ra, 23 February 2018 - 10:44 PM.

K_A #13 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13581 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Stop playing the Centurions and Leopards.

UserZer00 #14 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9159 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 February 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

Well some tanks like the Bulldog and IS-3 are wandering ammo racks, as all the side is more or less the ammo rack. Chinese & German tanks equally so as they have ammo more or less all of the middle hull, or turret for the Germans. If you find it to ruin your gameplay so much. There is only two things you can do. Safe stowage and wet ammo rack. Some tanks should not be played without it. My Bulldog went from getting killed on the first hit in 3 out 6 games to getting it damaged 1 out 10 games. So try that first.

And moaning is free. So there is that.

To be honest, sometimes I think I wish it would just get it over with quick, with an ammo rack explosion right away.  

In about 70% of the cases (yes, it's an estimate without stats. I know) the slow reload caused by the ammo rack will spell my doom anyway.

I did get safe stowage on the US medium line, but it didn't make a noticeable difference. 

I didn't seem to notice it as much on the Russian lights I was driving between grinding the US line and before I started trying the Chinese line, but that may just be rose colored memories.

Just a theory, but maybe the increased (no, I'm ranting about it) use of premium ammo causes more damage and thus increases the chance of module damage.  I'll have to look that up and see if there is any information about it.  (If I can get my "google fu" working correctly)

dimethylcadmium #15 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5413 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

Are you sure it's only those tanks? AFAIK, T-34-85s (and the M variant in particular) often make pretty fireworks. Soviet mid tier heavies have notoriously bad engines (KV-1 to IS/KV-3) which get set on fire or break down easily.

If you really hate module damage play the tanks with best module HP, simple

UserZer00 #16 Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9159 battles

View Postdimethylcadmium, on 23 February 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

Are you sure it's only those tanks? AFAIK, T-34-85s (and the M variant in particular) often make pretty fireworks. Soviet mid tier heavies have notoriously bad engines (KV-1 to IS/KV-3) which get set on fire or break down easily.

If you really hate module damage play the tanks with best module HP, simple

I haven't played the T-34-85 in ages. I suck at it (and the Rudy)

Yes, I know, it's one of the best Russian mediums.

I'd trade in the Rudy, but I like the dog too much.

Once I find out which tanks have the highest module damage I may just try them :)

Edited by UserZer00, 23 February 2018 - 11:07 PM.

IncandescentGerbil #17 Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35666 battles
Object 140 drives me nuts with ammo racks. 

MarcoStrapone #18 Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34057 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

View PostUserZer00, on 23 February 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

As the topic says, I have really had it with the increased occurrence of ammo racks

Does anyone know of a site which shows the interior layout of each tank?  So far the sites I have found have little data with regards to where the critical items are located inside the tanks.

It just seems to me that the tanks I have been driving (US medium line, Chinese medium line and now the Tiger 131 ) seem to be 99% ammo rack.

I'd like to know where the ammo is stored in the tanks so I can try to better protect those areas.

In reality, I think they could dial back the occurrence of critical hits, but that's just wishful thinking

- Learn to play

- Just don't get hit

- Get Skully on the case

- etc

you think they will give you recycle repairs for nothing? sure the possibility to get AR increased. japanies and british HTs are the main targets for AR. also ger meds.

vasilinhorulezz #19 Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22780 battles

To OP,

and how many times you got ammoracked before you die (before the reusable consumables of course)?

vasilinhorulezz #20 Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22780 battles

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 24 February 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

Object 140 drives me nuts with ammo racks. 

All russian tanks, IS series have frontal ammoracks, (but that's the price you pay, in order to have as compact tanks as possible, you don't have much internal space, so you put ammo wherever it can fit)

Centurions, guess what... frontal ammoracks,

German tanks, ammoracks right underneath the turret,

and I could go on, but you see my point I guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users