splash damage stun competitiveness

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ranger772 #1 Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37260 battles
  • [H-O-T] H-O-T
My sense is that SPGs are getting harder to play. Players are getting SPG smart and are more difficult to damage. The stun value was a poor attempt to add value to SPG play without angering other players, who would object to increased splash damage or increased module (tracking) damage. I have never seen a video where the unicum has said - "oh the opponent is stunned, so I will take advantage of that." So stun is pretty random, unlike tracking which leaves the stopped opponent open to more damage. I like SPG play -it's a little bit slower and more team-oriented. But it's getting frustrating as the ability to assist the team decreases. I think that WoT ought to restore some of the values that they nerfed in past configurations. A little larger blast radius, a little higher rate of fire.

​Okay, bring on the trolls!

Bordhaw #2 Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14142 battles

View PostRanger772, on 24 February 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

My sense is that SPGs are getting harder to play. Players are getting SPG smart and are more difficult to damage. The stun value was a poor attempt to add value to SPG play without angering other players, who would object to increased splash damage or increased module (tracking) damage. I have never seen a video where the unicum has said - "oh the opponent is stunned, so I will take advantage of that." So stun is pretty random, unlike tracking which leaves the stopped opponent open to more damage. I like SPG play -it's a little bit slower and more team-oriented. But it's getting frustrating as the ability to assist the team decreases. I think that WoT ought to restore some of the values that they nerfed in past configurations. A little larger blast radius, a little higher rate of fire.

​Okay, bring on the trolls!

It is because the average game time has dropped since each team can now have as many as 6 light tanks each.

HeidenSieker #3 Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

Ranger772: "I have never seen a video where the unicum has said - "oh the opponent is stunned, so I will take advantage of that"".

People are starting to take advantage, I think. There may not (yet) be such video, but it's happening, despite old-fashioned dogma. Roll on the day when everyone realises & takes advantage :)

Ranger772 #4 Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37260 battles
  • [H-O-T] H-O-T

View PostHeidenSieker, on 09 March 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

Ranger772: "I have never seen a video where the unicum has said - "oh the opponent is stunned, so I will take advantage of that"".

People are starting to take advantage, I think. There may not (yet) be such video, but it's happening, despite old-fashioned dogma. Roll on the day when everyone realises & takes advantage :)

We can only hope.

cobalt_killer #5 Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5856 battles

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4232568#karelia-cobalt_killer-m40_m43

Arty generally is fine, doesn't need faster reload, doesnt need more exposion radius - as that would just annoy the normal players.

What would be good is a shell with less damage, less splash and a little more pen, still HE style round mind! We don't want AP bombs again!!

Since the changes it is almost impossible to defend yourself and you are purely reliant on your team to protect you. Numerous games I've done nothing wrong but been wiped out within 1minute as the enemy lights have just flown through the middle of the map, completely unopposed and if you are super lucky you penetrate them, but given the super low pen on arty rounds you typically do splash damage taking half their health at best...leaving you with a 30-40s reload and a light spinning round you...

The other frustrating thing for me is the new style of map layout wargaming seem to be introducing where enemy heavies have a large area where they are safe from arty...so how do you support your team if you cant hit the enemy?? Apparently arty should hide in a corner and wait for the odd chance a friendly light tank will spot enemy TD's...because that helps the team push forward :/

Edited by cobalt_killer, 16 March 2018 - 03:41 PM.

Also tagged with splash damage, stun, competitiveness

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users