Sugestion: tier X rebalance ammunition (should be premium only)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

the tittle may sound absurd, but i think we should discuss this...

We all know that tier X is probably the most competitive tier , where you face the better players in the servers, with their best crews, for this reason

many people tend to try hard to play the game, some with premium ammunition only, wich in my opinion distorts the results of each player statisticaly, not necessarly meaning that some players is better or more competent than others just because of the way they chose to expend credits.

For this reason, i really think WG should decide to rebalance the entire tier X economy to make it more equal to everyone, and to make this work, i think the trick is to change the economy...

While in other tiers, specialy in under tier 8, usualy everyone makes money, despite having average games or not, after tier 8 and 9, making credits proffit becomes more difficult, generaly in tier X most people lose money in general, wich is understandable, this game is free to play,there is a possibility of someone to be many hours using the work of de developers without expending any single euro for their work, and basicly the world of tanks economy above tier 8, is simply there to force people to buy premium tanks, and get enough credits to lose money while playing tier IX's and X's... wich is fine, i am not criticizing that, i fully agree with that system, and thats why i play this game so much, and there i have dozens of premium tanks...

But this also brings a problem, competition is not only made by random games, is also made by how people perform statisticaly, the gun marks they archieve, their % of hits in the enemy, therefor that is relevant for player status and how credited they are when they enter in the world of clan wars and so on...

So basicly, a player must be really really good, to go tier X, and start marking easly the tanks without spamming premium rounds, because the difference, between shoting a round with 260 penetration or 330/340, is huge, and this difference is very relevant for the game play, if you arent spamming gold, you cant play the same way, like a guy who is spamming gold...

So you should be wondering, would it be good for the game if everyone spammed gold? i am not saying that.... 

they should make tier X premium ammunition the only choice, rebalance the tier X economy, so the tanks repair is not so expensive, becuase players will mostly lose credits by the usage of premium rounds... but in compensation, everyone is equal, there would be no difference from player to player, and the measure between players would be more accurate...

this sugestion obviously wouldnt work, if all the premium rounds had the same base logic as they have now, more penetration (above 300) and the same damage as regular ammunition

to make this work, WG would need to create 2 types of premium rounds, one with less penetration and more damage, and one with more penetration and less 20/25%, to prevent medium tanks would brawl heavies, so it would be necessary to reduce the high penetration shells damage in order heavy tanks that consist their gameplay in how well armored they are wouldnt become super vulnerable to gold being shot at them all the time....

An example object 140

apcr - 260 penetration - 320 damage (base damage) 

heat - 330 penetration - 240 damage (less 25% damage)

HE - 50 penetration - 420 damage (more % of damage depending on caliber of gun) 

The idea,here is that every one of this rounds is premium, it doesnt matter anymore, but every single type of ammunition have its purpose

they all should cost the same, but they are different and it should be the players to decide how to use them... 

and this can be archieved with an economical rebalance, the way the tanks repair cost, the way credits are distributed by everytime you hit the enemy etc etc, but this time, everyone would be with the exact same conditions...

Players would still need to play premiums and make money to keep tier X and so so on, and you would still lose money most of the time in tier X, the only difference, is that gold spamming and that toxic arguments about it, would end once for all...

i am not saying this should happen in lower tiers, because i do think, lower tiers are fine, but tier X should be somehow rabalanced, and this is my sugestion, if you do not agree with me, ypur free to discuss this and share your thoughts,

vasilinhorulezz #2 Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles
How original.

KillingJoker #3 Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 24 February 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

How original.

You didnt even read the topic, i posted the topic, and i was re-reading everthying to find some gramatical error since my english is not native, and you post someting ironic

when you didnt even read anything...

what a child... 

Edited by KillingJoker, 24 February 2018 - 11:28 AM.

Laur_Balaur_XD #4 Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35898 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

View PostKillingJoker, on 24 February 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

You didnt even read the topic, i posted the topic, and i was re-reading everthying to find some gramatical error since my english is not native, and you post someting ironic

what a child... 

I read it and it is nothing new or original in it.

What you propose has been proposed many times on these forums, and is a retarded idea.

Everyone can shoot premium ammo, just buy yourself a premium tank and some premium time and you can grind fast some credits. 

I hope you realize that WG is literally gaining money only from these things. And you want to change the economy of the game and make WG lose money? lol

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29197 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 24 February 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

An example object 140

How does this change anything at all? Why would I not just fire HEAT all day every day if now it has no cost penalty and only a minor damage penalty? Not that that's an issue, I'll just shoot you twice..

KillingJoker #6 Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 24 February 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

How does this change anything at all? Why would I not just fire HEAT all day every day if now it has no cost penalty and only a minor damage penalty? Not that that's an issue, I'll just shoot you twice..

25% less DPM affects your gameplay, and the way you trade shots, you would fire heat all day? thats you... perhaps a more competent player than you would not fire heat, would fire Apcr to have more damage and do more damage than you in the end of the game...

but the choice is there, if your a less skilled player and you cant go for weakspots, or you simply want to spamm all day as you say, its your choice

but you would do less 25% damage firing heat, than apcr or ap

the idea here is very simple, make tier X ammunition equal for everyone, the players decide how to use it... in the end of the day, if you spamm heat everytime you wont wont do more damage compared than other players who use wisely apcr or ap, because they have more dpm than you, they will have more average damage per game

and that will effect your gun marks, your WN8, even the winrate...

you wont win a duel with another tank by trading shots firing gold, if he does more 25% damage than you eveytime you trade shots...

«the idea here, is make heat a usefull round for critical situations, but never a first choice... and the spamming of heat is penalized by the drop of dpm by 25%

KillingJoker #7 Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostIulian_ro, on 24 February 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

What you propose has been proposed many times on these forums, and is a retarded idea.

Everyone can shoot premium ammo, just buy yourself a premium tank and some premium time and you can grind fast some credits. 

I hope you realize that WG is literally gaining money only from these things. And you want to change the economy of the game and make WG lose money? lol

No you didnt read, you made your post seconds after i posted a text that would require you 2 or 3 minutes to read, yet, you wanted to be funny without evne apreciate the content...

your the typical smart [edited], that have no arguments, no ideas, and post stuff only trying to be funny

And to make proof that you didnt read anything at all... you recomend me to buy premium tanks and spamm gold my self, when this topic is all about making equal terms for everyplayer, and change the economy in the tier X... 

*edited*

Edited by NickMustaine, 26 February 2018 - 12:16 PM.
Insults

Laur_Balaur_XD #8 Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35898 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

View PostKillingJoker, on 24 February 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

No you didnt read, you made your post seconds after i posted a text that would require you 2 or 3 minutes to read, yet, you wanted to be funny without evne apreciate the content...

your the typical smart [edited], that have no arguments, no ideas, and post stuff only trying to be funny

And to make proof that you didnt read anything at all... you recomend me to buy premium tanks and spamm gold my self, when this topic is all about making equal terms for everyplayer, and change the economy in the tier X... 

fking muppet

Really? Since when 17 minutes are ''seconds after'' ??

And if you really think that WG would change the economy so everyone could play tier 10 and spam gold ammo, you are something special...

View PostKillingJoker, on 24 February 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

the tittle may sound absurd, but i think we should discuss this...

Spoiler

View PostIulian_ro, on 24 February 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

Spoiler

KillingJoker #9 Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostIulian_ro, on 24 February 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Really? Since when 17 minutes are ''seconds after'' ??

And if you really think that WG would change the economy so everyone could play tier 10 and spam gold ammo, you are something special...

No one said the economy would become cheaper at tier X, but again, you dont read... because you didnt read anything, your assuming i want cheap premium ammunition like AP and make tier X economy more friendly for average player... i never written that.... 

the cost of premium ammunition should remain as it is... between 4000 and 8000 credits per shelll

and players would still lose money at tier X, and people would need to buy premiums to make credits and play tier Xmore often and so on

the only difference is in the vehicles repair costs, and damage made bonus, to turn reliable the econonomical playability of the tier X, and to prevent players to not lose 50000 or 60000 thousand credits due to premium shell costs they would obviously need to rebalance the other calculating elements for every post match results...

but again... you would understand me, if you read anything, but you didnt... 

and because you that you type silly things and dumb  things, like trying to be smarter, when your actually dumber

what i am proposing here, is never to make tier X economy friendly for everyone, the economy would remains as it is... people will lose money as often as it happens right now

the only difference, is that EVERY player, have the same EQUAL ammunition choices.... 

Tier X is allready a very hard place to be for a non experient player, the tanks cost 6 million credits to buy and the economy is unsustainable for a player who cant have solid results, and will remain like that, this topic all about making tier X ammunition premium by default, and rebalance its standardization by making shells who have more penetration doing less 25% damage so there is a point to still use AP. 

this is not rocket science, what i am proposing here is pretty damn clear and easy to understand. 

Laur_Balaur_XD #10 Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35898 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

View PostKillingJoker, on 24 February 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

No one said the economy would become cheaper at tier X, but again, you dont read... because you didnt read anything, your assuming i want cheap premium ammunition like AP and make tier X economy more friendly for average player... i never written that.... 

the cost of premium ammunition should remain as it is... between 4000 and 8000 credits per shelll

and players would still lose money at tier X, and people would need to buy premiums to make credits and play tier Xmore often and so on

the only difference is in the vehicles repair costs, and damage made bonus, to turn reliable the econonomical playability of the tier X, and to prevent players to not lose 50000 or 60000 thousand credits due to premium shell costs they would obviously need to rebalance the other calculating elements for every post match results...

but again... you would understand me, if you read anything, but you didnt... 

and because you that you type silly things and dumb  things, like trying to be smarter, when your actually dumber

what i am proposing here, is never to make tier X economy friendly for everyone, the economy would remains as it is... people will lose money as often as it happens right now

the only difference, is that EVERY player, have the same EQUAL ammunition choices.... 

Tier X is allready a very hard place to be for a non experient player, the tanks cost 6 million credits to buy and the economy is unsustainable for a player who cant have solid results, and will remain like that, this topic all about making tier X ammunition premium by default, and rebalance its standardization by making shells who have more penetration doing less 25% damage so there is a point to still use AP. 

this is not rocket science, what i am proposing here is pretty damn clear and easy to understand. 

So you want to buff the income for the tier 10 tanks, so they could sustain a full gold spam.

This would make any regular tier 10 tank more profitable than tier 8 premiums....If you make a tank able to sustain 50-60k silver spent on ammo, then that tank become as profitable as a premium one.

I am sure WG would really love your proposal, and they would gladly give up on selling premium vehicles and premium account, and just become a non-profit organization.

Also can you make your mind on what are actually proposing?

First you say that all ammo must become premium, this means that they should have the same cost:

Block Quote

An example object 140

The idea,here is that every one of this rounds is premium, it doesnt matter anymore, but every single type of ammunition have its purpose

they all should cost the same, but they are different and it should be the players to decide how to use them... 

Then you say that the cost should remain between 4k and 8k per shell, this means that the regular APCR on Obj.140 should cost exactly like a HEAT, right?

Block Quote

Then you say that people should lose money on tier X:

Block Quote

But you contradict yourself in the very next sentence, tier X should be self sustaining:

Block Quote

Edited by Iulian_ro, 24 February 2018 - 01:46 PM.

AliceUnchained #11 Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostKillingJoker, on 24 February 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

what a child... 

Because we don't need to. As we've read this a hundred times before already, in all the previous threads about the same topic, providing the same suggestion. The last thing we needed was yet another topic. Please take it to an existing thread and ask moderators to lock this one.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66275 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
And this will change it how? Sure tier X have tanks with close to 50% gold usage as it. But those that don't spam it still manages to do damage somehow. But then again considering the gold pen on some meds even. Why play anything with armor then if every other shot will melt past your E100 turret constantly? This will do a lot of things to tier X. Equal and fair is two things that is far down on that list when the tier X whine topics starts to appear.

vixu #13 Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42580 battles
Lots of tier X games or prem spamming is pretty much for those, who pay real money. 

gunslingerXXX #14 Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11051 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostKillingJoker, on 24 February 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

many people tend to try hard to play the game, some with premium ammunition only, wich in my opinion distorts the results of each player statisticaly, 

For this reason, i really think WG should decide to rebalance the entire tier X economy to make it more equal to everyone, and to make this work, i think the trick is to change the economy...

share your thoughts

I'm not experienced enough in tier 10 to provide valuable input on the details of your idea. However these 2 argumens, which I presume are the foundation of your idea, I don't agree with. 

To be able to statistically rate players is nice, but not a goal as such.

To make the chances in the game equal is nice, but not a requirement. Most things in the world are unfair, starting from where you are born...

Anyway, lets explain using soccer as example:

Players drive different tanks with different goals such as spotting and damage. In soccer 1 is the goaly, a few defenders and some strikers. Ultimately you cannot statistically rate their performance on equal grounds. Only thing relevant seems the win. Yes, you can drive only stat-pad tanks... but that basically is the pro-player joining the amateur team to maximise wins.

In all competitions there are bigger teams with higher budget than others. A match between Real Madrid and some low team in Spain is not an equal chance to win for both, but I don't consider this unfair. It doesn't have to be fair. If the small team has a good day, they can win. This is very special for that team. Real basically only has stuff to lose, that seems unfair in it's own way. 

Enough philiosophy for now, time for a beer ;)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29197 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 24 February 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

you wont win a duel with another tank by trading shots firing gold, if he does more 25% damage than you eveytime you trade shots...

«the idea here, is make heat a usefull round for critical situations, but never a first choice... and the spamming of heat is penalized by the drop of dpm by 25%

If I'm firing rounds that are basically auto-penning your tank every time then it's you that is at the disadvantage not me. You actually have to aim for weak spots, I can just right click and fire. So yes, I am going win a duel. It might take me a round or two to make up the damage difference but I make that up from what I gain from you missing my weak spots or bouncing.

Homer_J #16 Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKillingJoker, on 24 February 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

You didnt even read the topic, 

It's the usual premium ammo whine.

Here's how to deal with it.  Don't get shot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users