Ammo: Choices, choices

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Gifxt300 #1 Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3938 battles

Just as I start on here, I would like to ask people not to nail me to the cross and to provide useful answers.

The issues of "gold" ammo is always (and will remain) a touchy issue. Yes, it's incredibly annoying playing tanks with armor, only to get penned again and again by people using gold ammo. At the other end, some tanks need to so they can actually contribute on the battlefield. 

Gold ammo is not going away, so why not just make a small change and allow players more choice.

I am sure this has been mentioned before but I would like some constructive feedback as to why it is/is not a good idea.

My idea, reduce gold ammo damage by 10-15% (WAIT, don't kill me yet, hear me out!). I would then keep it's high penetration amount and reduce its price. We already have HE that sacrifices pen for more damage and we stock enough of that as we think we might need. On the other side, if we keep the high penetration,  lower damage ammo. Then we allow ourselves a better choice. The exception to this rule would be special vehicles like "boxtank and those with premium HE ammo.

I think giving players choice is important and helps the game. 

Tell me what you think. Is this a half decent idea or am I just creating pointless threads? Thank you in advance for your replies. 

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37336 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hmm?

Let me have a think about it...:unsure:

Jigabachi #3 Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGifxt300, on 24 February 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Tell me what you think.

I think you should have used the search function before starting the thread. The game is 8 years old... do you really think that you are the first one to suggest that kind of fix?

Gifxt300 #4 Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3938 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 24 February 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

I think you should have used the search function before starting the thread. The game is 8 years old... do you really think that you are the first one to suggest that kind of fix?

Attitudes and opinions change. There is no harm in getting a feel for what people think at this moment in time. Surely you must have your own opinions. It is in everyone's interests to see the game move forward. 

vasilinhorulezz #5 Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22780 battles

1. Reducing premium ammo damage it doesn't balance the tanks,

2. Reducing premium ammo damage it doesn't balance the maps,

3. Reducing premium ammo damage would only mean that you'll get hit by it twice as much.

All in all, people need to understand premium ammo is not a cause but an effect, effect of overbuffed armor, leading to broken tanks (type 5, 268 v4, Maus, Badger and so on), corridor maps that don't allow tactical maneuvers

and unless WG is willing to overhaul the whole game (maps, tanks, ammo types) nerfing premium ammo would only buff superheavy tanks.

ps. How original,

no, seriously, no one thought and proposed this a million times before you, NOT.

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 24 February 2018 - 08:54 PM.

Gifxt300 #6 Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3938 battles

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 24 February 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

1. Reducing premium ammo damage it doesn't balance the tanks,

2. Reducing premium ammo damage it doesn't balance the maps,

3. Reducing premium ammo damage would only mean that you'll get hit by it twice as much.

All in all, people need to understand premium ammo is not a cause but an effect, effect of overbuffed armor, leading to broken tanks (type 5, 268 v4, Maus, Badger and so on), corridor maps that don't allow tactical maneuvers

and unless WG is willing to overhaul the whole game (maps, tanks, ammo types) nerfing premium ammo would only buff superheavy tanks.

ps. How original,

no, seriously, no one thought and proposed this a million times before you, NOT.

My idea is not to nerf it, I think a re-think would be better. Which is the purpose of this thread. I can see you have very strong opinions on this. So I invite you to bring up your own opinions or ideas. And yes, it is not a particularly original idea no. But with persistence and good arguments, not just random dishing into the forums. Things can change. 

K_A #7 Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13581 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGifxt300, on 24 February 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

My idea, reduce gold ammo damage by 10-15% 

View PostGifxt300, on 24 February 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

My idea is not to nerf it

Pick one and call it what it is. 

Gifxt300 #8 Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3938 battles

View PostK_A, on 24 February 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

Pick one and call it what it is. 

I suggested lowering the damage while also reducing the price of the rounds. To bring it in line with other ammo types. It seems there is very little will in this community to re-approach things or to try different ideas...

K_A #9 Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13581 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGifxt300, on 24 February 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

I suggested lowering the damage while also reducing the price of the rounds. To bring it in line with other ammo types. It seems there is very little will in this community to re-approach things or to try different ideas...

Your suggestion directly lowers the battle capability of a premium round by reducing it's alpha damage, ergo it is a nerf. Shell cost has nothing to do with direct battle performance.

Gifxt300 #10 Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3938 battles

View PostK_A, on 24 February 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

Your suggestion directly lowers the battle capability of a premium round by reducing it's alpha damage, ergo it is a nerf. Shell cost has nothing to do with direct battle performance.

Then please do share your opinions on how you think that the whine from players that hate gold ammo and the whine from players who like gold ammo could be reduced. It seems like there is no effective middle ground. Or if there is, no one seems to be talking about it. 

lord_chipmonk #11 Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33206 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Sure, as long as it came with a general rebalancing of tonks. 

Jigabachi #12 Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGifxt300, on 24 February 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

It is in everyone's interests to see the game move forward. 

Agreed. However, talking about the same old things again and again won't get us anywhere - even if the developers would actually care.

K_A #13 Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13581 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGifxt300, on 24 February 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Then please do share your opinions on how you think that the whine from players that hate gold ammo and the whine from players who like gold ammo could be reduced. It seems like there is no effective middle ground. Or if there is, no one seems to be talking about it. 

There will always be whine, no matter what you do. Introduce a new tank or tank line and half the players will whine that they are OP and the other half will whine that they suck. There literally is no middle ground where everyone is happy in a game that has millions of players so it's better for the company to set it the way they want and say "this is how it is and this is how it works so deal with it or gtfo"

Archaean #14 Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14990 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostGifxt300, on 24 February 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

(WAIT, don't kill me yet, hear me out!)

Ok, I read till the end and I still think you deserve death (not IRL).

Joggaman #15 Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:46 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23010 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGifxt300, on 24 February 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

people using gold ammo doesn't whine. 

We just smile!:coin:

MarcoStrapone #16 Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34055 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

ammo.jpg

problem

solved!

WindSplitter1 #17 Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15455 battles
  • [KROLL] KROLL

View PostMarcoStrapone, on 25 February 2018 - 12:00 AM, said:

ammo.jpg

problem

solved!

Option B would make top clans even stronger. So that's a bona fide NO.

WG needs to revise its weak point policy.

Like the Mauer.

• MG ports
  • Shell ejection ports
  • "Built in" rangefinders
  • Some lower glacis
  • Crew hatches

etc, should constitute weak points in all tanks. This rewards players that know how to explore them and rightully so punishes thoes that don't. It's easy on paper and should've been thought before. Few tanks have their armour uniform.

Tinbawx #18 Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14747 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

View PostWindSplitter1, on 25 February 2018 - 02:51 AM, said:

Option B would make top clans even stronger. So that's a bona fide NO.

WG needs to revise its weak point policy.

Like the Mauer.

• MG ports
  • Shell ejection ports
  • "Built in" rangefinders
  • Some lower glacis
  • Crew hatches

etc, should constitute weak points in all tanks. This rewards players that know how to explore them and rightully so punishes thoes that don't. It's easy on paper and should've been thought before. Few tanks have their armour uniform.

b) would give good clans with a gold income from CW an advantage in CW and other competitive activities. Not sure how much of a gold surplus top clans have, to be willing and able to spam prem ammo in randoms even it was for gold only.

It would also drastically reduce the amount of premium ammo used in random battles (to almost none) and WG would have to balance tanks for standard ammo again. Sure, people would panic buy premium ammo for credits and stock up, if WG where to announce that that´s what they´re doing, but in the long run.

Depending on how well they do balancing whise, stock grinds might or might not be more annoying. Remember, the last time we had premium ammo for gold only it was +-3 MM (+4 for heavies), now we have +-2. Not saying it´s the ideal solution, but imo not the worst that could happen. Though depending on whether or not you´re into CW your mileage may vary.

But we also have to keep in mind that premium ammo is part of WGs monetisation scheme.When it was for gold only, I don´t believe it worked very well in that department. While it was blatant pay2win, I don´t think a lot of people paid, whereas now it´s a very effective credit sink. So if they change it back again, what other steps will WG take to not lose out on the €€€? I´d say that would be my main concern for option b.

Agreed on the weakspots though.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27512 battles

View PostGifxt300, on 24 February 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

If the cost is the same for only 10-15% damage drop give me one good reason why I would not load 100% gold and just shoot you an extra once or twice to make up the difference in damage?

OneFromOne #20 Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10417 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Just touch a tip of Gold ammo and ill cut your throat!

Im tired of young people,homeless,failed students living in there parents basement,kids and other empty life fillers crying about everything wich makes WG and WOT economy as a bad thing.Gold ammo,tanks like Defender....all is bad for you just for one simple reason...IT COST MONEY wich you struggle to have or dont have!But be nice and SHUSH about it,you live your life by what level you can,so please play at level you can (fre tonks,free ammo for silver) and try to enjoy but dont create daily topics in forums about prem tonks who are BAD<gold ammo wich is BAD just because you cant afford it.

These things like gold ammo,prem tonks wont go anywhere,wont be removed as its back bone of whole WG project economy,they make this game run and lets you to play it for FREE!

Why anyone who wants and can buy any Prem tonk,gold ammo should get it nerfed?If i pay and spend my money on something i want to have even slightly 1% easy factor to my gameplay,wich gives gold ammo as i dont have time,dont have interest spending time watching hours of Youtube videos,reading wich tank has what easy pen spot etc ....i just load FULL 100% Gold and Have Fun!Thats why online games are created,to have FUN!

So relax and Enjoy!You will see its much better than whine and cry daily about things you CANT change!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users