Equipment that is useless for years, possible rework?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

xAlimonosx #1 Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28381 battles

We all know that just 4 of the equipment list is curretly usable for most if not all players,

that ofc is: VENTS, VSTABS, COATED OPTICS, RAMMER,

with the superheavy spall liner as a hard choice when frustrated too much from arty and Type 5s

and toolbox for realy slow TDs like T95 and british AT line.

Yet there are: ''fill tanks with c02'' ''wet ammo rack''  ''cyclone filter'' (i actualy used this with removed speed governor in my kv5 to ram ppl downhills when i was noob, was fun somehow..) ''aditional grousers" and the light medium and heavy spall liners.

Thats about half of the equipment choises you have and yet even new players know that is completely useless to sacrifice a slot for any of those...

WG seems to already forgot about those too cause there is no ''purple'' version of them for bonds. (just for being there)

I would like to suggest a 4th ''Special equipment" slot purchasable for bonds on any tanks where you can put any of the ''useless'' equipment but only those...

since even if you buff to double the effect it would still not worth it to sacrifice a slot for any of them (actualy a general buff to spall liners will do)

I think its nothing broken and might worth the grind considering the -2.5 reload or half vents ppl grinding for...

Also any new equipment adition that is historical on the works? or any ideas from us?

I was thinking something like improvised armor made from tracks or sandbags where you can put to lower hull and sides of a turret for a 5-10mm of spaced armor?

kinda historical for up to tier 7.

Edited by xAlimonosx, 25 February 2018 - 02:38 PM.

kejmo #2 Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29167 battles
Well...with speed that WG listens to players and implements reworks...you should be able to see one in 2049 i'd say :D

TacticusMK2 #3 Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17611 battles
  • [DUAL] DUAL
It would be interesting to see equipment reworked... Like OP says... even though there are more choices, most of them are afaik hardly ever used.

lord_chipmonk #4 Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34108 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Judging from a recent Q&A looks like WG are looking at potentially reworking equipment. 

_Dunc_ #5 Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38344 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
They better not remove suspension and filters - Windstorm GP tryhards need them

hasnainrakha57 #6 Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14426 battles
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
1)Spall liner is now totally useless since arty got nerfed.
2)You are very clever and i am afraid this thought of your should not touch wot"SAND BAG ON TANKS ACTING AS SPACED ARMMOR LOOOL HEAT BECOMES TOTALLY USELESS YOU WILL RUIN WHOLE GAME!".A tank with 1mm having 1mm of spaced is equal to 0 dmg when heat fired :)

Edited by hasnainrakha57, 25 February 2018 - 09:20 PM.

xAlimonosx #7 Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28381 battles

View Posthasnainrakha57, on 25 February 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

1)Spall liner is now totally useless since arty got nerfed.
2)You are very clever and i am afraid this thought of your should not touch wot"SAND BAG ON TANKS ACTING AS SPACED ARMMOR LOOOL HEAT BECOMES TOTALLY USELESS YOU WILL RUIN WHOLE GAME!".A tank with 1mm having 1mm of spaced is equal to 0 dmg when heat fired :)

True at some point, but yet was just a thought honestly... 

But then again this could be used on ww2 era tanks only. there is not much HEAT there and then again im talking about a small area in the hull and turret sides, (which you face on flanking shots anyway) in which real tankers commonly used them...

Dint meant anything close to this:

Αποτέλεσμα εικόνας για pz 4 improvised armor photo :trollface:

Also you should know already that HEAT vs spaced armor does not mean autobounce. its just looses some of the penetration based on the distance it travels after initial impact? Im not sure about that...

Try shoot a pz iv side (the side skirts area) with HEAT or a wz132 turret sides you will pen it if you have the penetration necessary every single time,

but then shooting a super conquerors spaced side armor with a HEAT JPZ100 is a diffrent story...

I guess it could be a good idea anyway and still debatable as an equipment slot with the proper balance...

Edited by xAlimonosx, 26 February 2018 - 04:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users