Jump to content


Crew skills for Russian TDs?

td tank destroyer ussr skills crew skills russia su

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

romusreckus #1 Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:56 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1692 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    11-29-2017

I am currently going down the russian td line doing missions. And I am still undecided with what skills I am going to put on my crew.

Any suggestions?



Isharial #2 Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19485 battles
  • 2,275
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

well you must look at your tanks stats and see what it suffers from or is very good at, certain tanks will not work with the "common" crew setups or they may not work for how you would like it to

there is little point having camouflage on your tank if you spend most of your time spotted, equally, its useless having repairs if you don't get shot


 

with that in mind, you can see its very difficult to give players the right advice, as what works for me, may not work for you


 

it helps when you also note how you play (aggressive, careful, redline camper etc..) and what tanks you currently have and play, otherwise its a shot in the dark

 


 

 



CaptainMastiff #3 Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24464 battles
  • 2,071
  • [B-TEC] B-TEC
  • Member since:
    06-08-2011
WIth the revamped SU-100, SU100M1 > Obj 268 v4  I would recommend Repairs well before camouflage. They're supposed to be assault guns now rather than snipers so use the armour in the top tier games, despise the 'rebalance' in the bottom tier games (most of the time).

Isharial #4 Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19485 battles
  • 2,275
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostCaptainMastiff, on 25 February 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

WIth the revamped SU-100, SU100M1 > Obj 268 v4  I would recommend Repairs well before camouflage. They're supposed to be assault guns now rather than snipers so use the armour in the top tier games, despise the 'rebalance' in the bottom tier games (most of the time).

 

I most certainly would not run the 100 or M1 with repairs over camo

they have no armour to speak of and will end up against far "better" tanks that will eat them alive


 

after you get to the T8+ then yes, id agree repairs is more useful, but at T6 and 7, id most certainly argue against repairs

those 2 are not assault guns



CaptainMastiff #5 Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24464 battles
  • 2,071
  • [B-TEC] B-TEC
  • Member since:
    06-08-2011

View PostIsharial, on 25 February 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

 

I most certainly would not run the 100 or M1 with repairs over camo

they have no armour to speak of and will end up against far "better" tanks that will eat them alive


 

after you get to the T8+ then yes, id agree repairs is more useful, but at T6 and 7, id most certainly argue against repairs

those 2 are not assault guns

 


The SU-100M1 has 210 effective UFP and 240 Effective Upper hull/super structure. Its almost unbeatable at its own tier unless they get you on the LFP or upper hull and overmatch.

 

Isharial #6 Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19485 battles
  • 2,275
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostCaptainMastiff, on 25 February 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

 


The SU-100M1 has 210 effective UFP and 240 Effective Upper hull/super structure. Its almost unbeatable at its own tier unless they get you on the LFP or upper hull and overmatch.

 

 

240 effective is good enough at T7 yeah, but how often does it realistically see that? more often than not, the T7's I play end up in T8 and T9 games where such armour is well... adequate at best

not only that but gold ammo will be flung at said tiers so the reality is, its not an assault gun, same as the SU-100


 

not that the alpha of the M1 is ever going to push anything back from rushing you and the traverse leaves much to be desired



romusreckus #7 Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1692 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    11-29-2017

View PostIsharial, on 25 February 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

well you must look at your tanks stats and see what it suffers from or is very good at, certain tanks will not work with the "common" crew setups or they may not work for how you would like it to

there is little point having camouflage on your tank if you spend most of your time spotted, equally, its useless having repairs if you don't get shot


 

with that in mind, you can see its very difficult to give players the right advice, as what works for me, may not work for you


 

it helps when you also note how you play (aggressive, careful, redline camper etc..) and what tanks you currently have and play, otherwise its a shot in the dark

 


 

 

 

I am planning going down the Object 268 Version 4 line, any specific crew skills for that line?

hasnainrakha57 #8 Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13778 battles
  • 583
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

View Postromusreckus, on 25 February 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

 

I am planning going down the Object 268 Version 4 line, any specific crew skills for that line?

Stronk thats why going for it? To become unicum? But i think it will be nerfed.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users