Open turret hitzone game mechanic shooting aiming armor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dipster_Hoofus #1 Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21904 battles

Hi,

this has bothered me for some time now: If you hit the BACK of an open turret on a tank, it doesn't count as a hit (doesn't do damage)? I cannot remember experiencing this myself, but can only come to this conclusion when looking up tank models on tanks.gg. That seems like pretty flawed game mechanic. I mean, surely the armor is there to protect modules, and if not modules, the crew. I can only assume that if you hit for example WT auf. Pz. IV in the turret cheek, it does damage for the reason of the crew being hit by the shell. There is nothing else to be hit for the tank to take damage. By that logic, it should work exactly the same from the other side. Yet, as you can see on the first picture, tanks.gg indicate no armor being hit on the cross. Compare that with the second picture, same spot, only from the other side. Shooting at that point should do damage.

If this is the case I consider that a pretty big oversight on WG's part with no argument not to change that I can think of. The third pic is just for fun, according to tanks.gg aiming on the rear end of the gun (whatever the name for that is) would do a full damage also (not the front of the gun though). I don't understand who comes up with this logic.

Thanks for comments.

Attached Files

• Attached File   2.jpg   297.01K
  • Attached File   3.jpg   289.52K
  • Attached File   1.jpg   295.83K

Dipster_Hoofus #2 Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21904 battles
Anyone?

Aikl #3 Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Your assumptions are based on an unofficial armor viewer.

I don't have a WTIV to check, but it's more likely that tanks.gg has no real way of handling a 'zero-armor situation' than the game not including the rear as a hitbox. The Skorpion G shows exactly the same 'behaviour' in tanks.gg - and I would be extremely surprised if no one noticed one of the most popular T8 vehicles having a wonky hitbox. Pretty sure I've nailed that thing in the rear turret enough to realize that it  works like a charm.

Edited by Aikl, 26 February 2018 - 09:57 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #4 Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47262 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

On some open vehicles it's also possible to kill crew members without actually doing damage to the tank itself :)

Edit: What Aikl said.

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 26 February 2018 - 10:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users