• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

jhnbrg #1 Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7014 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hello,

I have been away from the game for awhile but the temptation to shoot tanks has been to strong to resist lately.

It feels like i have to relearn a lot of things and i would appreciate if some helpful person could sum up (or point me towards a good summary somewhere) the biggest changes for the last 3-4 years so i know what to focus on. I am almost only playing at tier 6 now and looking to get some fancy markings on the barrel of my T-34/85 (MoE?) but the goal is to grind the new swedish tanks once i feel comfortable with my gameplay again.

_EXODUZ_ #2 Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Last 3-4 years? LUL

Game mechanics are the same except arty. Just read up on the patch notes, that's what I would do.

http://wiki.wargamin...ld_of_Tanks_(PC)

uglycousin #3 Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:42 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42562 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

You took a break for 3-4 years?

There is a lot to cover, you might want to follow some good players streaming on twitch to pick up tips as you go. It's not that hard, but it's a lot to go over. :)

I might get some flak for this, but QuickyBaby is great for new players or returning players. He has a nice and calm way about explaining stuff. 

Good luck and welcome back. :honoring:

Rage_Quit_Inc #4 Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

Im the same starting back here after more than a year... there WILL be skill fade take it slow and start from the basics again to get your eye back in!

Tinbawx #5 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14707 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

View Postjhnbrg, on 26 February 2018 - 09:29 AM, said:

Hello,

I have been away from the game for awhile but the temptation to shoot tanks has been to strong to resist lately.

It feels like i have to relearn a lot of things and i would appreciate if some helpful person could sum up (or point me towards a good summary somewhere) the biggest changes for the last 3-4 years so i know what to focus on. I am almost only playing at tier 6 now and looking to get some fancy markings on the barrel of my T-34/85 (MoE?) but the goal is to grind the new swedish tanks once i feel comfortable with my gameplay again.

I´m not gonna go over the new vehicle lines and all the balance changes, suffice it to say there´s been a decent amount of power creep, especially when it comes to armour on higher tier vehicles (T8+).

Matchmaking: is now +-2 tiers difference at most. You´ll generally find it harder to damage an enemy tank that´s 2 tiers higher than you, than used to be the case. Also at the moment there´s 3/5/7 (3 top tier, 5 mid tier, 7 bottom tier tanks) template system, so you might experience being bottom tier more often. Other than the 3/5/7 make up, the match maker might throw you into a battle with ony 2 tiers involved or a single tier battle.

Artillery: Artillery works a bit different now. HEAT and AP shells have been removend from them and there is a maximum of 3 per team (afaik, correct me if I´m wrong). They also have less penetration on their HE shells now, and maybe less damage in general. They can still deliver a whallop to low armoured vehicles but are not the one shot wonders that they used to be anymore. Instead they now apply a "stun" debuff on targets they hit.

Here´s what that does:

Stun Effect

When your Crew is struck by an HE shell blast, they all suffer from shell shock, reducing a vehicle’s effectiveness. The stun effect, just like its duration, consists of two variables: you are guaranteed to get 75% out of the maximum decrease in parameters (you can see them listed below), plus a certain amount of the remaining 25% (this one depends directly on the damage you receive). If you are stunned with several shells, only one of them affects a vehicle’s parameters: the one with the larger decreasing coefficient.

• Engine-specific power decreases 30% and the speed—25%.
  • Suspension traverse speed decreases 20%, while the turret traverse—40%.
  • View range deteriorates 25%.
  • Dispersion on the move increases 50%, dispersion upon turning the hull and turning the turret each increases equally.
  • Reload and aim time increase 50% each.
  • Accuracy decreases 25%.

The stun effect can be removed by using a med kit.

Assistance damage:

Spotting damage has been changed to assistance damage. You gain a share of XP and credits for enemies being damage while you spot them (as always), for vehicles being damaged while they´re tracked by you and for vehicles being damaged while they´re stunned by you.

Consumeables:

Repair and med kits (not sure about fire extinguisher, never paid attention) are now reuseable and have a 90 second cooldown. You´ll still only use up one consumeable (if you use it) per battle, no matter how many times you use it.

Personal missions:

There are now missions you can complete for rewards. It´s the "CAMPAIGN" button in the navigation bar, in the garage. Click that check those out and to activate the missions.

Camo:

If you want to fully camo paint a tank now, you´ll have to buy multiples of the same season (ie: hull, turret, barrel). However a tank will receive the camo bonus as long as hull has camo, other parts are just eye candy. You can also swap permanent camo (the one you buy with gold) between tanks of the same nation for free now.

Rental camo (for credits) now last a set amout of battles instead of time.

Bonds:

Bonds are a new currency that can be earned in pure T10 battles aswell as the ranked battle mode. They can be spent on improved equipment (better vents, gun rammer, etc...), or directives.

Directives: comsumeables that either buff a crew skill, if it´s already at 100% or enable it @100% if it´s not there yet. Lasts one battle, purchased with bonds.

Personal Reserves:

Consumeable boosters that increase XP gain or credit income. You can get those by doing various ingame tasks (not always available). Maybe in Strongholds but I forgot, haven´t been doing those in a while.

There are 4 types of personal reseves: Additional XP. Additional Free XP, Additional Crew XP and Additional Credit income.

They come in different sizes (+50%, +100%, etc) and last for one or 2 hours. 3 boosters (max one of each type) can be active at a time.

To access them click on your player name in the top left of your screen, while in garage and a drop down menue will open where you can see three slots. Click on a slot and select a personal reserve to activate it.

Ranked Battle Mode:

Game mode where for T10 vehicles, where you can play vs same or similar ranked people and gain bonds and other rewards for earning new ranks. Only playable when a season is active.

Gain additional rewards at the end of a season, depending on how you where doing.

Not sure if I forgot anything, hope it helps.

Hammerhead20 #6 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25252 battles

You want to know what has changed during those years when you were gone?

Just watch this video: https://www.youtube....h?v=mxPf_Co6wA4

It's pretty cool. I hope you will find what has changed and what you've missed.

_EXODUZ_ #7 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostHammerhead20, on 26 February 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

You want to know what has changed during those years when you were gone?

Just watch this video: https://www.youtube....h?v=mxPf_Co6wA4

It's pretty cool. I hope you will find what has changed and what you've missed.

Oh that's really cool indeed.

IncandescentGerbil #8 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
I'd say the game is less fun overall, albeit soon to be less fun in HD.

StinkyStonky #9 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25099 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

In arty, if you hit a dead tank, you now get a "dink" sound.

Apart from that, not much has changed.

jhnbrg #10 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7014 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Thanks for all the input (extra thanks to tinbawks)!

I will start with some youtube watching tonight.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Besides a few line changes, new nations and new tier X's on the Russian Med line. Not really that much in terms of drastic changes you need to know about. But adding on top of what Tinbawx already added.

Next month the biggest change will come. The new graphics engine will make it's appearance. To see if your PC is ready. You should download this test.

https://wotencore.net/3343_en1

MOE's is simply how your average damage in the tank is going vs others that play it. It's kinda like the ace badge, but for damage vs XP. The more you do, the more it goes up. Beat 95% and you get 3 on it. But it's based on the last 100 battles. So it's a slow prosses. You do zero damage it will drop, you do a "meh" game it might stay as is, and a fantastic game will make it jump. Depending on tank ofc.

Tier 3 now has +1 MM, inc premium tanks. So tier 5 as top tier will only see 5-10 games vs tier 4. As in 5 top tiers and 10 low tier targets.

Arty stun effects can be removed by a medkit instantly.

Med kits, repair and fire extinguishers now have a 90 sec cooldown vs a one time use. You still only pay for the first use pr kit. Even if you use it 3 times.

Camo had a massive change a few patches back. Most important change is that you can now take off camo on any tank and move them around for free. You also got a free gift camo set that works on all nations. And can also be taken off for free. Camo is only needed on the hull to get the camo effect. Some camo's can also be visually changed if you click on the tank or paint in the exterior tap. Price is altered from a pr season basis, to a pr tank part basis. As in hull, turret, gun. And costs 50 gold pr piece. Most TD's only have hull and gun. But price is the same for all tiers now, so it's cheaper for high tiers, and more pricey for lower tiers if you will. But since you can move it, it's not that bad. Any camo you take off is moved to storage. To check your storage click the depot icon on the left side of the camo listing. It will filter to show what you own. And by how many indicated by the number opposite the gold price. You can also do this on emblems and inscriptions to see what you have. You can sell each one you don't need for 10K each. Paint is only available for tier 8 premiums and tier X tanks. But don't give camo bonuses. You can even paint the tracks. Paint can be seen behind the camo if you use transparent camo. The unhistorical colors can't be seen by those with that setting off.

Camo for silver is still there. You can find that via the preset style button under your tank. It cost 75 000 credits on any tank. Can be taken off and moved between tanks. And lasts for 100 battles vs 7 or 30 days like before.

Edited by Balc0ra, 26 February 2018 - 11:53 AM.

Miccoo #12 Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16342 battles
  • [KILTA] KILTA

Nothing changed.

Still Russian drunk game, with its slow brained players.... 

1/5 BS

Edited by Miccoo, 26 February 2018 - 02:49 PM.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #13 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The amount of in game fanmail has increased (at least for me):

- Enemies calling me a cheating bastard (I just wonder how they know about my personal life)

- Enemies calling me a gold noob (you're welcome! I'm willing to spend big for you guys)

- Team mates calling me a drunk noob (yes, I do enjoy that nice single malt, though technically I'm not drunk)

ricoBenitez1 #14 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 506 battles

View PostMiccoo, on 26 February 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

Nothin changed.

Still Russian drunk game, with its eastern Europe slow brained players.... 

1/5 BS

One thing they did change,  was here on forum so that we could not downgrade posts made thats why you see posts like that dude did make.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users