• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Rage_Quit_Inc #1 Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:00 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

Hi all,

Ok firstly this is sort of a mini rants but I have had the good and the bad side of what I'm about to discuss (although my own bias perception makes it feel more bad than good)

Over the last week or so after coming back to this game after a long time away ive noticed that RNG seems to be VERY bias one way or the other and not just at the accuracy level mainly module damage specifically. Ive had games where I don't notice it as I get shot in the side a bunch and Never lose my ammo rack or engine or fuel etc etc then I get games where EVERY shot takes a module to the point where ive has my ammo rack knocked out 3 times in a game several times during a day which is unheard of.

Im not sure whats going on with RNG and module damage atm but it seems very one sided what ever side you are on and I see more 15-0 and 15-1 games more and more which to me is totally rubbish I want close games I want this game to not be decided before the battle counter says Go!!

And before we start yes I know its me I need to carry etc ect to address all the obvious trolls that will be on here but even when im having a good game suddenly im double ammo racked and cant carry as if the game is saying NO>> you shall NOT win and this is not just once as this I could ignore.

On the flip side where my team is suiciding like morons I cant seem to miss and get high rolls every shot, well WG I don't WANT to get help I want there to be more of an even implementation of RNG.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but im tired of the stomped battles they are no fun at all :(

btw this is not my main account but cant remember my password for that for the forums heheh

Edited by Rage_Quit_Inc, 26 February 2018 - 10:01 AM.

K_A #2 Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:10 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Confirmation bias. Random is by nature random. A 20% chance to knock out a module doesn't mean it gets knocked out once every 5 shots, it could take 20 shots and not get knocked out or it could get knocked out 5 times in a row. Random.

Also the password to the forums is the same as the password for the game, so I guess you're not playing on your "main account" either, then... :facepalm:

Rage_Quit_Inc #3 Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

View PostK_A, on 26 February 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

Confirmation bias. Random is by nature random. A 20% chance to knock out a module doesn't mean it gets knocked out once every 5 shots, it could take 20 shots and not get knocked out or it could get knocked out 5 times in a row. Random.

Also the password to the forums is the same as the password for the game, so I guess you're not playing on your "main account" either, then...

No, I guess you don't understand about having your remember me ticked on the game client :facepalm:

And its obvious that you didn't really read any of my post so you must be the first moronic "obvious" troll I expected more...

As I said if the multiple ammo racks were a single occurrence and so forth "random" as you like using that word like a dullard I would have chalked it to bad luck, its the fact it has happened multiple times in a day so not random at all. would you like me to explain further ? perhaps tattooing it onto your forehead?

Edited by Rage_Quit_Inc, 26 February 2018 - 10:38 AM.

Ricky_Rolls #4 Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 66954 battles

View PostRage_Quit_Inc, on 26 February 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Im not sure whats going on with RNG and module damage atm but it seems very one sided what ever side you are on and I see more 15-0 and 15-1 games more and more which to me is totally rubbish I want close games I want this game to not be decided before the battle counter says Go!!

And before we start yes I know its me I need to carry etc ect to address all the obvious trolls that will be on here but even when im having a good game suddenly im double ammo racked and cant carry as if the game is saying NO>> you shall NOT win and this is not just once as this I could ignore.

On the flip side where my team is suiciding like morons I cant seem to miss and get high rolls every shot, well WG I don't WANT to get help I want there to be more of an even implementation of RNG.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but im tired of the stomped battles they are no fun at all :(

Same, it's boring and kills the remaining fun but hey, can't help it. When you have such low hp pool with such punitive tanks, it's not surprising.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #5 Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Sometimes a non-optimal internet connection (especially when on wifi network) might feel like bad RNG. 

It might be the case for you.

... or Wargaming is out to get you! :izmena:

K_A #6 Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRage_Quit_Inc, on 26 February 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

No, I guess you don't understand about having your remember me ticked on the game client :facepalm:

And its obvious that you didn't really read any of my post so you must be the first moronic "obvious" troll I expected more...

As I said if the multiple ammo racks were a single occurrence and so forth "random" as you like using that word like a dullard I would have chalked it to bad luck, its the fact it has happened multiple times in a day so not random at all. would you like me to explain further ? perhaps tattooing it onto your forehead?

You do know you can recover that password so you too can post with your proper account :)

And you're still wrong, module damage is still completely random chance. No need for tattoos on my forehead, I do have a policy where if I can't hide a tattoo with a suit I'm not taking it.

Homer_J #7 Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRage_Quit_Inc, on 26 February 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

btw this is not my main account but cant remember my password for that for the forums heheh

It's the same as your game password.

You are welcome.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65967 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Ammo rack is 27% to take damage once hit. But then again it's not just RNG that's a factor here. It's also the guns that hits you, as if their module damage is way less or equal to the HP of your module once that 27% is decided. And those guns have changes since you took your break on some tiers. As not everyone played the same tanks vs back then.  And ofc the tank you drive is also a factor. Some tanks are what we call wandering ammo racks like the IS-3 or Bulldog. They get it damage every single game regardless. Just like the Udes engine gets damage every single game on a frontal hit more or less.

As today vs 2-3 years ago. The tanks I play that took more module damage back then, still to it today. And others hardly take any. As their module placement vs each other differs too. Germans likes to stack their turrets. Russian and Chinese likes to have it all over the hull side. So where you get hit is as big of a factor as what hits you. So I doubt it has changed to a more bias way as such vs before your break. But the guns you face and the tanks you play have.

If you do get it to often in one tank. It's simply a sign that the wet ammo rack equipment is not the worst idea. Or safe stowage on your crew. My Bulldog back in the day was killed on the first or second hit 3 out 5 games back in the day. With those added to the tank, it's hardly takes ammo rack damage 1 out of 10 games.

Edited by Balc0ra, 26 February 2018 - 01:08 PM.

Rage_Quit_Inc #9 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

View PostK_A, on 26 February 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

You do know you can recover that password so you too can post with your proper account :)

And you're still wrong, module damage is still completely random chance. No need for tattoos on my forehead, I do have a policy where if I can't hide a tattoo with a suit I'm not taking it.

There you have it in the way you claim it, its a "random" chance so with no clue to any weighting of how that dice roll works and my whole post was about my perception and observation as I cant say one way or the other what is going on with module damage. If you had figured that instead of trying to be troll and belittle from the start from the start perhaps you DO need that tattoo suit not required.

The whole point to this thread was my experience and by that my perception of how the game feels atm to me either being fated to have bad RNG or being unbelievably unlucky and how games are going one way or the other being very few close matches anymore sucking the fun (win OR lose) out of it for me at least.

Rage_Quit_Inc #10 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 February 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

Ammo rack is 27% to take damage once hit. But then again it's not just RNG that's a factor here. It's also the guns that hits you, as if their module damage is way less or equal to the HP of your module once that 27% is decided. And those guns have changes since you took your break on some tiers. As not everyone played the same tanks vs back then.  And ofc the tank you drive is also a factor. Some tanks are what we call wandering ammo racks like the IS-3 or Bulldog. They get it damage every single game regardless. Just like the Udes engine gets damage every single game on a frontal hit more or less.

As today vs 2-3 years ago. The tanks I play that took more module damage back then, still to it today. And others hardly take any. As their module placement vs each other differs too. Germans likes to stack their turrets. Russian and Chinese likes to have it all over the hull side. So where you get hit is as big of a factor as what hits you. So I doubt it has changed to a more bias way as such vs before your break. But the guns you face and the tanks you play have.

If you do get it to often in one tank. It's simply a sign that the wet ammo rack equipment is not the worst idea. Or safe stowage on your crew. My Bulldog back in the day was killed on the first or second hit 3 out 5 games back in the day. With those added to the tank, it's hardly takes ammo rack damage 1 out of 10 games.

I've had them of 3 different Tier 10 Meds all with the safe stowage crew skill at 100% ( I believe at least two have it) mainly hit frontally) I did have this on my Cent AX but I ignored that as British Meds seem to be made of Ammo racks) this is not something I would usually even comment on but the frequency over the last few days has been a joke which made me feel the need to ask if anyone else had had similar runs of "bad Luck"

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28574 battles

View PostRage_Quit_Inc, on 26 February 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Over the last week or so after coming back to this game after a long time away ive noticed that RNG seems to be VERY bias one way or the other and not just at the accuracy level mainly module damage specifically. Ive had games where I don't notice it as I get shot in the side a bunch and Never lose my ammo rack or engine or fuel etc etc then I get games where EVERY shot takes a module to the point where ive has my ammo rack knocked out 3 times in a game several times during a day which is unheard of.

You just answered your own question, you only notice it when it happens.

Rage_Quit_Inc #12 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 26 February 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

You just answered your own question, you only notice it when it happens.

And if you noticed in my OP that it also happens the other way but it harder to spot but feels like I'm invincible and cant miss always tracking etc etc so your comment means nothing. My point that good OR bad Win OR Lose is bad IMO.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28574 battles

View PostRage_Quit_Inc, on 26 February 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

And if you noticed in my OP that it also happens the other way but it harder to spot but feels like I'm invincible and cant miss always tracking etc etc so your comment means nothing. My point that good OR bad Win OR Lose is bad IMO.

Same thing, you don't notice the normal shots, you just notice the ones where you squeeze a shell between the gap in two houses at 400+m and one-shot ammo-rack some poor sod.

None of which is proof of WG 'rigging' anything.

malachi6 #14 Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49636 battles
You are speaking from a feeling not evidence.  That is confirmation bias.  You would have to record how often you were hit v's criticals. The nature of the critical and the vehicle. To prove not random.  And you would need  a reasonable sample size.

clanmcwood #15 Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22107 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View Postmalachi6, on 26 February 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

You are speaking from a feeling not evidence.  That is confirmation bias.  You would have to record how often you were hit v's criticals. The nature of the critical and the vehicle. To prove not random.  And you would need  a reasonable sample size.

surly the fact he says he gets multiple Ammo racks per game and several of this per playing session seems overly excessive ? and there IS more games now that are pathetically one sided I see posts about them all the time so why does everyone go on about exact stats when we are seeing the same from many people? who in the hell counts their crits 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #16 Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28574 battles

View Postclanmcwood, on 26 February 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

surly the fact he says he gets multiple Ammo racks per game and several of this per playing session seems overly excessive ?

It would if we actually believed it. If for example he had something more solid to go on than "dem feels bro!"

View Postclanmcwood, on 26 February 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

who in the hell counts their crits 

Apparently OP does.

Ogroid #17 Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:49 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 32145 battles
OP, nobody in this dungeon can say with any certainty whether the random elements of this game are truly random or not. If you post about 'feelings', 'hunches' or other baseless musings you will just encourage the usual suspects to patronize and belittle you. Beware the ones with thousands of posts, more than games played in some cases. They wouldn't dare to be such shitfers to people IRL so do it from behind a keyboard. They come from the same mould as kids in cars who give you the finger knowing face to face you could rip their f*cking heads off. Have a nice day and don't come here too often it's a waste of your time.

Edited by Ogroid, 26 February 2018 - 08:54 PM.

Jigabachi #18 Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Play 10 matches, upload them, link them here. Chances are high that the magic of the forum will lift your curse and make all the bias go away.

Consett_Steel #19 Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17421 battles

View Postclanmcwood, on 26 February 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

surly the fact he says he gets multiple Ammo racks per game and several of this per playing session seems overly excessive ? and there IS more games now that are pathetically one sided I see posts about them all the time so why does everyone go on about exact stats when we are seeing the same from many people? who in the hell counts their crits 

No, you're wrong - I am not seeing this (see how easy it is when you don't need real evidence?).

Les_chars_gris #20 Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1621 battles

OP, I am new around so ... no real opinion yet HOWEVER

Great username :)

Also tagged with RNG, Module damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users